• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Militia Threatens to Block Traffic at International Bridges

OC for ME

Towards the bottom of the story.
Villarreal said he is concerned about possible violence.

"I know that the state of Texas provides for them to be able to display their firearms," he said.

"I'm not going to lie to you; it's going to make us nervous. We're not used to seeing firearms being openly displayed," he said.

http://www.krgv.com/news/militia-threatens-to-block-traffic-at-international-bridges/
Then, knowing that Texans have the right, why so nervous? I would like to think that a Texas law man would welcome his fellow Texans standing for Texas, and by extension, America.

Now, if they are bunch of those Michigan militia fellas, well, they are tourists from Michigan. ;)

DocWalker

Rio Grande City Mayor Ruben Villarreal said members of the group have a right to express their opinion. His is concerned about the group's intent, though. "What can we expect? I don't know. The unknown becomes an issue that we really got to prepare for," Villarreal said. "I'm a 100 percent sure that with the National Guard, with DPS, with Border Patrol and local law enforcement, we'll communicate and we'll handle whatever comes," he said.

"The level of communication that exists doesn't get talked about enough. It's an extraordinary amount of communication," Villarreal said.

http://www.krgv.com/news/militia-threatens-to-block-traffic-at-international-bridges/

Oh yea there doing a great job......wow really so no more invaders are coming across the border....good to know.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't really see why the point of blocking traffic would be. I wouldn't do it.

How about if they just told all the Americans to come back to USA 'cause in 1 week they'll blow all the bridges, Nuns of Navarone style ... and if they get stuck over there, its their own fault.

No blocking traffic with that plan ... there would be no traffic.