• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does the state promote patriotism to benefit itself?

Does the state promote patriotism to benefit itself?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Truth

Way to prove everyone wrong with intelligent, well thought out, non-insulting replies. Your reason for posting here is becoming more and more apparent.

What in the holy hell are you getting so emotional about anyway? "Kid gloves?" WTF is that supposed to mean, like boxing gloves? Don't worry, I still don't think you're an immature simpleton or a dolt.

state hater

Banned
My purpose here is to help eradicate statism by shaming individuals who only want liberty in areas that appeal to them. I have nothing but contempt for people who whine about the states's actions against private gun ownership (facilitated by a bunch of *****, like the Brady Bunch fools, who think that they own other people), who simultaneously claim ownership over other people by supporting drug prohibition, taxation, aggressive war, etc.

People have as much right to own any weapon as they do to put any substance into their own bodies.

The Truth

Well maybe you need to be smarter about how you choose your target. "Preaching to the choir" and "friendly fire" come to mind, not that you care. I doubt you will take the time to realize this.

Also, you are perpetuating a false definition effectively legitimizing said false definition while also trying to invalidate the definition you are perpetuating. Right...so you are admittedly being intentionally ignorant in a way to misrepresent the question in the first place. This thread and most of your posts which are riddled with grade school insults and name calling are totally counter-intuitive. You won't win anyone over like that here, I can assure you of that.

PistolPackingMomma

My purpose here is to help eradicate statism by shaming individuals who only want liberty in areas that appeal to them. I have nothing but contempt for people who whine about the states's actions against private gun ownership (facilitated by a bunch of *****, like the Brady Bunch fools, who think that they own other people), who simultaneously claim ownership over other people by supporting drug prohibition, taxation, aggressive war, etc.

People have as much right to own any weapon as they do to put any substance into their own bodies.

Shame is not an effective teaching method. Is your goal to influence thought, or humiliate?

Your contempt is very obvious; you might find greater reception if you dialed back the arrogance, sugar.

If people have the right to their own bodies, then you should agree they also have a right to their own way of thinking, and it's not your place to "shame" them for not sharing your views.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stretching and bending the purpose of this forum beyond its intent. There is no desire to provide a platform for malcontents to vent and pontificate, especially in a manner that does not reflect well on OCDO.

Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.