Thread: OC at Lowe's Foods and Walmart

OC at Lowe's Foods and Walmart

I am new to the gun community and started inquiring at the stores that I go into. I called into Lowes foods corporate and got the OK for open carry and also inquired inside of Walmart and also got the OK. All in Greensboro. I am trying to keep a running list in my head for Greensboro of where I am told it is OK to OC since I am an newbie.
    OK: Lowes Foods, Harris Teeter, Walmart...

Feel free to add to the list please so I can feel more comfortable OCing

....Sigh.......
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

NEVER EVER call or ask, in the immortal words of the great philosopher Nike "Just do it".
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Best buy has been friendly to me. Gamestop also.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    ....Sigh.......
    Lamer. Help the man. Don't be a .. lamer.

so pleasant the folks from the Evergreen state dropped by and could constructively contribute and provide insightful information to the OP ~ thanks!.

OP, calling in advance is time consuming and a waste of your energy as you never know, by telephoning, if you're actually discussing the issue with the appropriate individual who has the 'official' say about firearms in their facility.

to save you oddles of time so you have more time so you can actually OC in your community, toddle over to NC OC reports thread in the NC area and read up on what where other NC citizens are carrying and go from there. if you get confused, ask on that thread if someone has experienced a bad carry in such and such establishment.

btw, welcome to OC'g...it is habit forming as you will discover.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I guess I should have stated that I called Lowes because my wife works there and I didn't want any issues. Her boss had no clue on the rules. I have been looking closely at the signs in the stores I frequent now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz_7 View Post
    I guess I should have stated that I called Lowes because my wife works there and I didn't want any issues. Her boss had no clue on the rules. I have been looking closely at the signs in the stores I frequent now. Thanks for the suggestions.
    welcome to the forum. keep reading you will learn
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Sorry i'm late to the party.

Asking ahead of time only gives someone the opportunity to tell you "No". Or worse, to call higher up the food chain to get someone else to say "No".

If for some reason you and your OC'd handgun are not welcome you will be informed soon after you arrive. You should thank the person so informing you, leave whatever you have accumulated in potential purchases right there in the middle of the aisle, and politely (which includes no muttering under your breath) leave. If you desire to, before leaving you may politely ask the person their name and position within the establishment. But even if the stockboy tells you you and your gun cannot be there you should not try to buck the issue up the administrative hierarchy then and there. Save that for a phone call, an email, and/or a letter.

Following that line of behavior prevents anybody from using you as an example of the demanding, unreasonable, highly dangerous people walking around with guns.

Your follow-up with management should begin as soon as possible, but unless there are exceptional circumstances I always urge folks to wait no longer than the next day the place is open for business.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit