• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Father tells me that I'm not welcome around him while I have my gun in my possession

solus

i am still of the opinion, the whole story hasn't been told has it grim, as you haven't answered my question about is father being upset for your current judicial circumstances?

ipse

Grim_Night

i am still of the opinion, the whole story hasn't been told has it grim, as you haven't answered my question about is father being upset for your current judicial circumstances?

ipse

Of course the whole story isn't being told. I flat out said as much earlier. There are some facts being omitted for privacy reasons. I'm not about to list detailed private information about myself or others in an online forum. That would be flat out foolish.

As for my recent criminal related court case, my father is of the opinion that the police were idiots and that the whole thing should have never gone to court.

The Truth

I've been reading all the replies since I posted the above quote and now I'll just say it like it is....

If I didn't have the courage to confront my father and stand up for my beliefs not only would my now passed on father not have any respect for me.... I would not have any respect for myself.

That is that "rite of passage from being a boy to becoming a man" I referred to............. and of course there will be repercussions. Either the boy becomes a man or the father retains control over his boy.

Or the father remains an argumentative, emotional motherf.. of pearl despite being put in his place years ago. People are people. Can't convince everyone. But you can say your peace without fear if there's true family love there.

The Truth

It was OC'd, not hidden. He was invited in by a resident of the dwelling who was fully aware of his carrying. That would be like calling up every store you go to for permission to carry. Not required.

Nice strawman, but no. I already clarified this.

Lovenox

You know my mom pulled that **** with my sister when she started living with the man she loves. My sister just stayed away from her.

If my dad pulled that ****, I would tell him I love my gun more than I love you, call me when you change your mind.

Your dad is the one with the problem, when he wants to change his mind have him call you, otherwise adios.

And why does your dad have to live with those people anyway, why doesn't he have his own place?

Yup.

Maverick9

There's really a VERY simple solution to this. Put your firearm in a pistol case with a lock (it can be a quick release type if you like). Put this case in a backpack and carry it in with you. If anyone asks, your firearm is locked up and safe (but still accessible by you in an emergency, and not accessible to BGs in your car).

Why haven't you done this already?

solus

Of course the whole story isn't being told. I flat out said as much earlier. There are some facts being omitted for privacy reasons. I'm not about to list detailed private information about myself or others in an online forum. That would be flat out foolish.

As for my recent criminal related court case, my father is of the opinion that the police were idiots and that the whole thing should have never gone to court.

and yet you fail to do the obvious...talk to the man you call your father face to face to settle this situation so everyone is as happy as they can get with a compromise.

ipse

Grim_Night

and yet you fail to do the obvious...talk to the man you call your father face to face to settle this situation so everyone is as happy as they can get with a compromise.

ipse

How would you like me to talk to him face to face? He is a long haul truck driver currently out on the road! He has been since this whole thing started. Pay attention!

He is a long haul truck driver and when he is in town, he makes his residence at their home.

There are way too many people on these forums that have selective reading skills. Similar to selective hearing, but instead of hearing only what they want to hear, they read only what they want to read. Before you start to criticize me, maybe you should go back and REREAD everything that has been posted.

I'm a little limited in my options as to what I can and cannot do at this point in time due to the fact that he is a long haul truck driver and is currently out on the road. He usually makes trips between Canada, eastern Washington and Texas. He has a girlfriend in Texas and he makes a home in Washington when he is not out on the road because Washington is where he boss maintains a business. I don't talk to my father much while he is out on the road because there is usually no telling if he is sleeping, driving, waiting for a load to be loaded or unloaded or whathaveyou.

Last edited:

solus

grim, of course, i had seen where your father was an OTR driver, but what i hadn't read about was any massive telecommunication outages in the northwest and Canadian regions which could preclude phone service.

now, that i might not have missed reading about. oh wait when you had your dad on the phone, you told him to read about your dilemma on an forum?

ipse

Grim_Night

what in the world have i miss'd Grim? you are whining about one fone call from your father and yet you have FAILED to pick up the fone and say hey let's met and discuss what you mentioned? now starbucks probably isn't a good idea based on their current phobia about firearms but instead of this woe is me crap, pull your pants up and call the man you call your father and have a conversation with him about anything in the world, just open a dialogue like two adults do.

what the devil is so hard about that concept for goodness sakes? if he tells you to leave the firearm at home or in the car, you have your answer don't you and you then switch modes knowing you won't get any more birthday or Christmas presents from him and it means both your lives move on. be cordial don't get p1$$y and wish him well...

ipse

ipse

grim, of course, i had seen where your father was an OTR driver, but what i hadn't read about was any massive telecommunication outages in the northwest and Canadian regions which could preclude phone service.

now, that i might not have missed reading about. oh wait when you had your dad on the phone, you told him to read about your dilemma on an forum?

ipse

Make up your mind. Twice you tell me to have a sit down face to face talk with my father. I tell you that I can't and then you say that I could have talked to him on the phone. Seems like no matter what I do, you will find fault with it. Thanks for your personal opinions to this point but I think I can do without them.

And just to point out, I did tell my father that he and I needed to sit down and talk about this issue. I posted about it in fact.

I told him that he and I needed to sit down and have a long talk about this issue. Before any decisions are made that may or may not destroy our relationship..

Last edited:

Zohan

Thanks for your personal opinions to this point but I think I can do without them.

Dude this not some personal online Grim_Night club...so if you don't want other's personal opinions about your situation then STOP posting your trash on here for all to read. The whole legal situation you posted about in your other thread was very interesting but this post is not really about an open carry issue, it is about a Grim_Night issue and does not really reflect the purpose of this board. It surprises me that the moderators have not taken this post down or locked it.

But back to the point...if you post your issues in public the only person you should be upset with, when you get a response that you object to, is yourself.

-Z

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Dude this not some personal online Grim_Night club...so if you don't want other's personal opinions about your situation then STOP posting your trash on here for all to read. The whole legal situation you posted about in your other thread was very interesting but this post is not really about an open carry issue, it is about a Grim_Night issue and does not really reflect the purpose of this board. It surprises me that the moderators have not taken this post down or locked it.

But back to the point...if you post your issues in public the only person you should be upset with, when you get a response that you object to, is yourself.

-Z
He may be trying to deal with personal issues involving his father and himself, but that is not the limit of it. That the issue involves open carry is the governing/deciding factor. Others thereby have the opportunity to benefit from his experiences and the comments of others.