• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Father tells me that I'm not welcome around him while I have my gun in my possession

Zohan

He may be trying to deal with personal issues involving his father and himself, but that is not the limit of it. That the issue involves open carry is the governing/deciding factor. Others thereby have the opportunity to benefit from his experiences and the comments of others.

Thanks, makes sense. The other comments I made still stand...if you are going to have concerns or objections about how someone might comment on your business don't post about it in a public forum.

-Z

Last edited:

HPmatt

grim, of course, i had seen where your father was an OTR driver, but what i hadn't read about was any massive telecommunication outages in the northwest and Canadian regions which could preclude phone service.

Here in Texas we've had about 20,000 Mexicans/Central Americans cutting down copper phone & power lines for scrap - that might explain the loss of communication w Dad...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

wimwag

Make up your mind. Twice you tell me to have a sit down face to face talk with my father. I tell you that I can't and then you say that I could have talked to him on the phone. Seems like no matter what I do, you will find fault with it. Thanks for your personal opinions to this point but I think I can do without them.

And just to point out, I did tell my father that he and I needed to sit down and talk about this issue. I posted about it in fact.

The flip flopping is typical of OCDO. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

solus

So, I just got off the phone with my father this morning and I invited him to read this thread so that he may be able to better understand my feelings in this matter. I will not censor anything that has been posted by me and I will not ask anyone else to censor their posts.

I hope that my father reads this thread and understands that my relationship with him is important to me but my beliefs and convictions regarding the firearms issue are also important to me and I will not throw my beliefs and convictions out the window just to satisfy his ultimatum. I told him that he and I needed to sit down and have a long talk about this issue. Before any decisions are made that may or may not destroy our relationship.

Had I known about his roommates feelings regarding firearms, I would have respected their wishes and either left my firearm in the car or not entered their home out of respect.

Make up your mind. Twice you tell me to have a sit down face to face talk with my father. I tell you that I can't and then you say that I could have talked to him on the phone. Seems like no matter what I do, you will find fault with it. Thanks for your personal opinions to this point but I think I can do without them.

And just to point out, I did tell my father that he and I needed to sit down and talk about this issue. I posted about it in fact.

Grim, sorry you feel the need to make me out as the bad guy but i believe your last post just doesn't seem to me to accurately portray what you stated does it? as highlighted in the first sentence while you had your father on the phone, you told him to go read some forum thread so he can find out what your feelings are? kinda P-A on your part don't you believe.

oh right, you did mention you two needed to talk about it and i truly wonder if that was presented at the beginning of your telephone exchange...projecting quote: oh father, we need to talk about this ~ would you read the information on the forum about how i feel? thanks bye. end of projection quote.

finally, when did you acquiesce about your OC change of heart and did you tell him, (btw especially after all the bravado out here), "oh ya i will leave my firearm in the vehicle next time i visit!"

again please it does you a disservice when you portray me as providing conflicting information. I have steadfastly stated you need to discuss face to face this situation with your father at the earliest opportunity, which you apparently failed to accomplish when you had him on the phone, and since you have abrogated and capitulated your OC position, it should make him happy...

ipse

Last edited:

wimwag

And god forbid you had any charges leveled against you in the past. The irony of it all is that the perpetrator of such accusations is usually covering something up.

Grim_Night

/snip
again please it does you a disservice when you portray me as providing conflicting information. I have steadfastly stated you need to discuss face to face this situation with your father at the earliest opportunity, which you apparently failed to accomplish when you had him on the phone, and since you have abrogated and capitulated your OC position, it should make him happy...

Right here, you give conflicting information. You tell me in the same sentence that I need to have a face to face discussion and then say that I should have done that over the phone. NOT possible to have a face to face conversation with my father OVER THE PHONE. Your argument is completely invalid at this point. As for me capitulating, nope, haven't done that. Don't know where you got the idea that I did so. I think I smell a troll.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Grim you need to call Dr. Phil, put your big boy pants on and deal with it, either you deal with it or you don't, stop blaming others for your insecurities.

Grim_Night

Grim you need to call Dr. Phil, put your big boy pants on and deal with it, either you deal with it or you don't, stop blaming others for your insecurities.

I've long since taken the wise advice given in this thread to heart and acted upon it. I am now, criticizing those that are giving BS information and simply just trolling. This was intended to be a serious discussion about an issue that I am fairly sure others on these forums have had to deal with or will deal with. How many people here have had to try and justify their choice to carry and more so, to open carry to their family and friends?

I just want it to be clear...

I believe that I do not need to get permission to exercise a right.
I believe that my protected right to protect myself from harm should not be questioned.
I believe that I do not need to justify my reasons for being responsible for my own self defense.
I believe that violence can happen at any time and anyplace without warning.
I believe that when violence does happen, the people who are the potential victims are the first people able to respond to the thread.

Last edited:

solus

grim, where in your 'let me be clear' post 89 did you say you had reconciled your OC'g activities through a frank discussion with your father?

as to wise choices, always remember 'denial' is not a river in Eygpt!!

ipse

Last edited: