Thread: does huskey stadium use metal detectors...

does huskey stadium use metal detectors...

A friend asked me if Husky Stadium uses metal detectors for the football games. He is planning on conceal carrying there. Does anyone here been to the football game at the Husky Stadium in the last year and know if they use metal detectors?

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    A friend asked me if Husky Stadium uses metal detectors for the football games. He is planning on conceal carrying there. Does anyone here been to the football game at the Husky Stadium in the last year and know if they use metal detectors?
    Why would anyone ask that unless they were planning to sneak in a gun where they already know it is either illegal or against a private property rule?
    Last edited by Bikenut; 09-13-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Why would anyone ask that unless they were planning to sneak in a gun where they already know it is either illegal or against a private property rule?
    State owned stadium, has a CPL, and signs have no effect of law here in Washington.

So it would not be illegal to carry there from my understanding.

Plus we have state preemption so, the OP question is valid.

Also, the local governments have a thing about violating state laws to harass gun owners/carriers.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    State owned stadium, has a CPL, and signs have no effect of law here in Washington.

So it would not be illegal to carry there from my understanding.

Plus we have state preemption so, the OP question is valid.

Also, the local governments have a thing about violating state laws to harass gun owners/carriers.
    Is there a restriction on going into a place with metal detectors? Preemption doesn't always mean exactly that as you will find statutes that are in violation of preemption in some states.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Metal detectors will soon be phased in at all NFL stadiums Associated Press Published: Oct. 28, 2011

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...l-nfl-stadiums

All fans screened at Miller Park Posted: Sep 11, 2014 6:37 AM CDT

http://www.wbay.com/story/26505355/a...at-miller-park
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    everyone should go on metal crutches ...

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Preemption does not apply:

WAC applicable to the University of Washington

WAC 478-120-020 Student Conduct

Prohibited

3(f) Possession or use of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals or other dangerous weapons or instrumentalities on university premises, except for authorized university purposes, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the university chief of police, or any other person designated by the president of the university (see WAC 478-124-020 (2)(e)) (legal defense sprays are not covered by this section);

WAC 478-124-020 General Conduct

Prohibited

2(e) Possession or use of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals or other dangerous weapons or instrumentalities on the university campus, except for authorized university purposes, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the university chief of police, or any other person designated by the president of the university;

If you are a student you will be suspended or expelled. Staff members may be suspended or terminiated and a regular citizen will be trespassed.
    Last edited by Right Wing Wacko; 09-15-2014 at 12:10 PM.

My friend lives in a bad neighborhood in south seattle, we ended up locking his gun in my cars gun safe in a secure lot off campus.

They looked thru his backpack when we entered.

There were cops everywhere with bomb sniffing dogs.

Can the dogs smell guns on you?

It was a great day and the Dawgs won!

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    Can the dogs smell guns on you?
    Guns, no. Guns smell like metal and lubricating oil. A dog trained to sniff out those things will false positive on everything from a turnstile to every car in the parking lot.

Ammunition, on the other hand, is another kettle of fish. This is one reason I eagerly await the invention of a practical hand-held railgun.

Former Husky Marching Band Alumni.... I enter through the tunnel so no metal detectors there...
    Live Free or Die!