• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

does huskey stadium use metal detectors...

jsanchez

A friend asked me if Husky Stadium uses metal detectors for the football games. He is planning on conceal carrying there. Does anyone here been to the football game at the Husky Stadium in the last year and know if they use metal detectors?

B

Bikenut

A friend asked me if Husky Stadium uses metal detectors for the football games. He is planning on conceal carrying there. Does anyone here been to the football game at the Husky Stadium in the last year and know if they use metal detectors?
Why would anyone ask that unless they were planning to sneak in a gun where they already know it is either illegal or against a private property rule?

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom1Man

Why would anyone ask that unless they were planning to sneak in a gun where they already know it is either illegal or against a private property rule?

State owned stadium, has a CPL, and signs have no effect of law here in Washington.

So it would not be illegal to carry there from my understanding.

Plus we have state preemption so, the OP question is valid.

Also, the local governments have a thing about violating state laws to harass gun owners/carriers.

rightwinglibertarian

State owned stadium, has a CPL, and signs have no effect of law here in Washington.

So it would not be illegal to carry there from my understanding.

Plus we have state preemption so, the OP question is valid.

Also, the local governments have a thing about violating state laws to harass gun owners/carriers.

Is there a restriction on going into a place with metal detectors? Preemption doesn't always mean exactly that as you will find statutes that are in violation of preemption in some states.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
Preemption does not apply:

WAC applicable to the University of Washington

WAC 478-120-020 Student Conduct

Prohibited

3(f) Possession or use of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals or other dangerous weapons or instrumentalities on university premises, except for authorized university purposes, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the university chief of police, or any other person designated by the president of the university (see WAC 478-124-020 (2)(e)) (legal defense sprays are not covered by this section);

WAC 478-124-020 General Conduct

Prohibited

2(e) Possession or use of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals or other dangerous weapons or instrumentalities on the university campus, except for authorized university purposes, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the university chief of police, or any other person designated by the president of the university;

If you are a student you will be suspended or expelled. Staff members may be suspended or terminiated and a regular citizen will be trespassed.

Last edited:

jsanchez

My friend lives in a bad neighborhood in south seattle, we ended up locking his gun in my cars gun safe in a secure lot off campus.

They looked thru his backpack when we entered.

There were cops everywhere with bomb sniffing dogs.

Can the dogs smell guns on you?

It was a great day and the Dawgs won!

Difdi

Can the dogs smell guns on you?

Guns, no. Guns smell like metal and lubricating oil. A dog trained to sniff out those things will false positive on everything from a turnstile to every car in the parking lot.

Ammunition, on the other hand, is another kettle of fish. This is one reason I eagerly await the invention of a practical hand-held railgun.