Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 178

Thread: I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

    By now some of you have read http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Sunday-Oct-5th before it got shoved in the Events section wherer many folks never venture. If you have not read it, please go there for the details.

    I'm throwing a free pig roast on Sunday, Oct. 5th at Dorey Park in Henrico County. The free pig roast is to say "Thank You" to folks who have supported gun rights in Virginia and to especially thank those that have provided morale and financial support to folks who found out the hard way what it's like to have to fight for our rights. The location was selected because - well, like Thumper's mother said, if you can't say something nice about a person ....

    The caterer has been contacted, papers signed, and arrangements made to have enough food for 150 people. I want to get a head count so that if there is going to be a need for more food it can be taken care of, and if not enough folks say they are planning on showing up I want to make arrangements for any extra food to go to a worthy group.

    Of course there will be an opportunity for some food to be carried off in ziplock baggies - and especially bones for the four-legged who attend and those that were left at home.

    Reply with a name and the total number you think will be coming in your party. (Yes, you can bring your friends - as long as you do not turn this into some frat block party.) I'll keep a running total going.

    Please don't disappoint me just because it's on a Sunday and out in the wilds of Henrico County.

    Thanks, and I really do look forward to seeing you out there.

    stay safe.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-25-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
    Posts
    93
    Can you send a few pounds in zip locks to Washington State please? Sounds like a great time sir!

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Two (2) confirmed.

    Mostly pork, just a taste of beef.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-13-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Head counting

    Confirmed

    Grapeshot (2)




    stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 09-13-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    2 confirmed love pork. Took following day off so if we get back to the shore late won't matter.

    sent using tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Head counting

    Confirmed

    Grapeshot (2)
    Wolfshadow (2)
    _____________
    4

    Only 146 to go.




    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member wrearick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Posts
    635
    Wife and I (2) are planning on coming.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    I will be there, and thank you to you, and all you do.

  9. #9
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    I would love to be there, but, alas, I must pay the bills and continue to convince my employer that he runs my life for just a couple more years.

    So, EAT some for me and tell me just how good it was!

    Thanks.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  10. #10
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    You know you can count myself, woman, and baby. Might try to bring a friend but just the 3 of us for now!

    Working on acquiring a sweet new BBQ gun for the occasion. See: the 10mm thread
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

    Confirmed

    Grapeshot (2)
    Wolfshadow (2)
    The Truth (2 1/2)
    va_tazdad (1)
    wrearick (2)
    hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
    celticredneck (2)
    user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
    infidel (1)
    ClumsyCandy (2 possible)
    Tess and tribe (3)
    The Wolfhound + beasties (1) Will you be bringing the other half?
    peter nap + keeper (2)
    _____________
    21

    Only 129 to go.




    stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 09-14-2014 at 07:36 AM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    --snipped--

    _____________
    4

    Only 129 to go.
    You have reduced the total desired to 134 ?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    You have reduced the total desired to 134 ?
    Shouldn't that be 133 in real math?

    The count is at 21, with 129 to go.

    Looking for some free publicity soon to bring up the numbers saying they will attend.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  14. #14
    Regular Member paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,448
    Oddly, finally an event when I am not working however I may be committed to cover someone that day if she desires. Can't commit until confirmed but commenting to watch the thread.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  15. #15
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    Me and mine will be there, probably around 3pm.

    Six of us.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

    Confirmed

    Grapeshot (2)
    Wolfshadow (2)
    The Truth (2 1/2)
    va_tazdad (1)
    wrearick (2)
    hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
    celticredneck (2)
    user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
    infidel (1)
    ClumsyCandy (2 possible)
    Tess and tribe (3)
    The Wolfhound + beasties (1) Will you be bringing the other half?
    peter nap + keeper (2)
    Marco (6)
    _____________
    27

    Only 123 to go.




    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Oddly, finally an event when I am not working however I may be committed to cover someone that day if she desires. Can't commit until confirmed but commenting to watch the thread.
    Folks who are involuntarily committed lose their rights. Don't lose your rights to BBQ.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    2 confirmed.

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    I have a friend who lurks a lot. I'm checking with him, but expect to up my count by 2 to cover him and his wife.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

    Confirmed

    Grapeshot (2)
    Wolfshadow (2)
    The Truth (2 1/2)
    va_tazdad (1)
    wrearick (2)
    hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
    celticredneck (2)
    user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
    infidel (1)
    ClumsyCandy (2 possible)
    Tess and tribe (3 + 2)
    The Wolfhound + beasties (1) Will you be bringing the other half?
    peter nap + keeper (2)
    Marco (6)
    _____________
    29

    Only 121 to go.




    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  21. #21
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    + 2, Judith & Randy Atkins
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

    Confirmed

    Grapeshot (2)
    Wolfshadow (2)
    The Truth (2 1/2)
    va_tazdad (1)
    wrearick (2)
    hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
    celticredneck (2)
    user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
    infidel (1)
    ClumsyCandy (2 possible)
    Tess and tribe (3 + 2)
    The Wolfhound + beasties (1) Will you be bringing the other half?
    peter nap + keeper (2)
    Marco (6)
    The Atkinses (2)
    _____________
    31

    Only 119 to go.




    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shalimar, Florida
    Posts
    56

    I'll be there

    I'll come from Alexandria on the 5th. Like to see faces to go with screen names.

  24. #24
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Add one more for us please.

  25. #25
    Regular Member speed41ae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    228
    2 and some possibilities for me. I am going to try wrangle up some young-ins (22-25 year olds).

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •