• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

Confirmed

Grapeshot (3)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (4)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
infidel (1)
ClumsyCandy (2 possible) - still waiting for that baby to drop
Tess and tribe (5)
The Wolfhound + beasties (2)
peter nap + keeper + 1 (3)
Marco (6)
The Atkinses (2)
efriday (1)
speed41ae (2 + possibles)
thedevilrobyjohn (4 + 2)
sidestreet (1 + 2)
ineedshoes (1 + 1)
Bob888 (2)
CoryB (2)
cmckeon (possibly 3 - he/she/it is a known spammer, which makes me worried about
someone who would bring their own pork product to a pig roast.
he/she/it can see me there and if they are real I will apologize.)
riverrat10k (1)
scouser (1 + 1 possible)
shooter_A (2)
Bill Graves (2) - he needed help following a link
vaeagle (3)
67GT390FB (1 + 1)
6L6GC (1 + 1 + ?)
oldvirginiajoe ( 6) now confirmed
jmelvin (2)
2a4all (2)

Only 76 to go. :monkey

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Confirmed

Grapeshot (3)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (4)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
infidel (1)
Tess and tribe (5)
Marco (6)
The Atkinses (2)
efriday (1)
thedevilrobyjohn (4 + 2)
sidestreet (1 + 2)
ineedshoes (1 + 1)
Bob888 (2)
CoryB (2)
cmckeon (possibly 3 - he/she/it is a known spammer, which makes me worried about
riverrat10k (1)
scouser (1 + 1 possible)
shooter_A (2)
vaeagle (3)
67GT390FB (1 + 1)
6L6GC (1 + 1 + ?)
jmelvin (2)
2a4all (2)
Revolver Fan (1)

Only 75 to go.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We are now officially halfway there -

- which means that only some of you will need to take leftovers home.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Is there a separate list for take-home volunteers? I want to sign that list, too!

I heard a rumor that this pig is one that previously was Peter Nap's step-nephew's pet pot-belly big from 2002. Is that true?

Piggie-bags will be by lottery - you give me the next winning lottery number and you get take-home. (Seriously, there will be zip-lock bags.)

The identity of the pig will not be revealed. However, locals have been discussing a certain "Help Wanted" sign outside the county administration building.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Piggie-bags will be by lottery - you give me the next winning lottery number and you get take-home. (Seriously, there will be zip-lock bags.)

The identity of the pig will not be revealed. However, locals have been discussing a certain "Help Wanted" sign outside the county administration building.

stay safe.
I have an email informing me that I have won a lottery to which I do not remember entering - I will assign it to you.

To which county to you refer? Surry? Henrico? There are so many worthy.

Jamesm760

Me +1 100% (unless we die before Sunday or have a serious emergency that would prevent us from getting there.)
Me +3 50%

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Confirmed

Grapeshot (3)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (4)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
infidel (1)
Tess and tribe (5)
Marco (6)
The Atkinses (2)
efriday (1)
thedevilrobyjohn (4 + 2)
sidestreet (1 + 2)
ineedshoes (1 + 1)
Bob888 (2)
CoryB (2)
riverrat10k (1)
scouser (1 + 1 possible)
shooter_A (2)
vaeagle (3)
67GT390FB (1 + 1)
6L6GC (1 + 1 + ?)
jmelvin (2)
2a4all (2)
Revolver Fan (1)
Jaemesm760 (2 + 1)

Only 73 to go. :monkey

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Me +1 100% (unless we die before Sunday or have a serious emergency that would prevent us from getting there.)
Me +3 50%

If we were giving an award for traveling the farthest you probably are in contention for the prize.

Death will not be accepted as an excuse unless approved three weeks in advance of the date of death. All requests for death shall be submitted on Form 0N-773H.

What is the difference between a "serious emergency" and a run-of-the-mill emergency? When attempting to answer that, please keep in mind that the phrase "Walk it off" can be applied to anything except death. (Any person who suffers death and then walks it off is subject to unannounced and repeated head shots.)

stay safe.

BlueSquid

What is the difference between a "serious emergency" and a run-of-the-mill emergency? When attempting to answer that, please keep in mind that the phrase "Walk it off" can be applied to anything except death. (Any person who suffers death and then walks it off is subject to unannounced and repeated head shots.)

stay safe.

When I read that, I couldn't help but think of the bar scene in Shaun of the Dead, where they repeatedly bludgeon the zombie bartender to the beat of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now." Probably the funniest scene in that movie, I was rolling. I had to youtube it again after thinking about it for some laughs.

Oh, also, confirming attendance for myself, plus the wife and our little diaper destroyer. I get off leave and return to work in the AM, so I'll ask my buddy if he and his girlfriend would like to attend, then get back to you.

Jamesm760

If we were giving an award for traveling the farthest you probably are in contention for the prize.

Death will not be accepted as an excuse unless approved three weeks in advance of the date of death. All requests for death shall be submitted on Form 0N-773H.

stay safe.

1. I expect a 3ft tall trophy for the longest distance traveled and nothing less.

2. Serious emergency would be something like me or family member getting in an accident where there are only hours left to live... as much as I like BBQ, I don't think I would want to spend my/our last hours on the way to go get some BBQ. I would still make my way over there if there are severed limbs..... though I will need help eating food if both of my hands are gone... oooor I could just shove my face on a plate and eat it that way. hmmm.

3. If for whatever reason death occurs and I "walk it off" you guys have my permission (although not needed at that point) to use me as target practice.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
if Jesus shows up he's gonna be pissed about those head shots! ;)

Hay-zoose will have to wait till he gets out of the park to do any tequila shots.

BTW, did you read about the sorority that tried to do jello shooters with supersoakers? Didn't come out right.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
When I read that, I couldn't help but think of the bar scene in Shaun of the Dead, where they repeatedly bludgeon the zombie bartender to the beat of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now." Probably the funniest scene in that movie, I was rolling. I had to youtube it again after thinking about it for some laughs.

Oh, also, confirming attendance for myself, plus the wife and our little diaper destroyer. I get off leave and return to work in the AM, so I'll ask my buddy if he and his girlfriend would like to attend, then get back to you.

Just bring them - I've already built the thing.:D

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
1. I expect a 3ft tall trophy for the longest distance traveled and nothing less.

Have you noticed the number of attendees that are bringing their spawn? You may get something three feet tall that you were not expecting.:uhoh:

In the meantime, I've sent someone to saw two feet off the trophy in order to accommodate your demand. Just hope he remembers to take it off from the bottom.

stay safe.

ak56

Campaign Veteran

...In the meantime, I've sent someone to saw two feet off the trophy in order to accommodate your demand. Just hope he remembers to take it off from the bottom.

stay safe.

Wait a minute. Nobody told me there was a trophy!

Maybe I need to reconsider my previous response to this invitation. You could even leave the bottom two feet on the trophy.

Skidmark,

While I would love to attend, that 5600 mile round trip drive is not gonna happen in one weekend.

However, I do have 21lbs of pork thawing in the refrigerator right now, to be put on the smoker on Saturday (if it thaws by then). When it is done, I will eat some of it in your honor, sir.