• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

Shooter_A

We apparently know how to coax them down from the hills. :D

Welcome to OCDO. Be sure to check out the West Virginia section.

And be sure to ask for a sack* to take home so you don't starve on the long trip. :lol:

stay safe.

* - Years ago I was given a survival course in spreaking West By God Virginian. My accent may be off but I'm pretty sure I still have the vocabulary.

Hills you say - My farm is so steep I fell off it three times last week! Considering your hospitality, I will be pleased to help with your grammar and diction. That is if I can walk in a straight line, right leg being a wee bit short after walking clockwise around the farm and all.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hills you say - My farm is so steep I fell off it three times last week! Considering your hospitality, I will be pleased to help with your grammar and diction. That is if I can walk in a straight line, right leg being a wee bit short after walking clockwise around the farm and all.

Us Va Hill People are smart enough to turn around and walk the other direction to keep our legs even. Does cause a bit more wear though :uhoh: :p

Looking forward to seeing you!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Seeing as how you are from WVA I understand why you do not follow peter nap's foolish suggestion - if you did the cows could get away and you would spend all day getting them back to the stump. :p

(Did I say that?)

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

Confirmed

Grapeshot (3)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (4)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
infidel (1)
ClumsyCandy (2 possible) - still waiting for that baby to drop
Tess and tribe (5)
The Wolfhound + beasties (2)
peter nap + keeper + 1 (3)
Marco (6)
The Atkinses (2)
efriday (1)
speed41ae (2 + possibles)
thedevilrobyjohn (4 + 2)
sidestreet (1 + 2)
ineedshoes (1 + 1)
Bob888 (2)
CoryB (2)
cmckeon (possibly 3 - he/she/it is a known spammer, which makes me worried about
someone who would bring their own pork product to a pig roast.
he/she/it can see me there and if they are real I will apologize.)
riverrat10k (1)
scouser (1 + 1 possible)
shooter_A (2)
Bill Graves (2) - he needed help following a link
vaeagle (3)
67GT390FB (1 + 1)
6L6GC (1 + 1 + ?)
oldvirginiajoe ( 6?)

Only 86 to go. :monkey

stay safe.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Skid,
I will be there. Probably with the wife. might bring the grandsons. Anything that I can do to help? Just let me know.
roN

Glad to have you. Biggest help will be for you to bring an appetite.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
See last entry - oldcountryjoe. Don't you mean Old Virginia Joe, whom we saw this morning?

Last edited:

BlueSquid

Myself and my wife, plus one formula-fueled tiny person, tentative. Will give a hard yes or no asap. Cut me some slack that's a long drive on a sunday from Chesapeake! :p Also, I work with a few guys that might be interested, I'll mention it to them if you don't mind.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just as an incentive to sign up....I'll be wearing my picnic gun which is just a 1911....With Pearl Grips! :eek:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Myself and my wife, plus one formula-fueled tiny person, tentative. Will give a hard yes or no asap. Cut me some slack that's a long drive on a sunday from Chesapeake! :p Also, I work with a few guys that might be interested, I'll mention it to them if you don't mind.

If they are OK with the Second Amendment and do not go into PSH when they see us OCing they will be welcome.

stay safe.

The Truth

Hope to see you there! It's only a little over an hour, you can do it! I'll have my woman and my little one with me too.

It doesn't seem like I'll have my super sick bada$$ backwoods BBQ gun in time for the roast, so I'll just be rockin' my regular ol' beautiful daily carry. It's still all black with super duper classy rosewood grips though! A lot could happen between now and then!

BlueSquid

One of them may have family obligations, he has several school aged children and is going to school part time himself. The other is my age with a serious girlfriend (who would likely accompany him) and no children, and in the course of normal conversation, has mentioned open carrying himself several times. As long as it won't be an issue that us newbies are armed, I'm sure he'd be happy to join if his schedule allows. Maybe we'll even wear nametags to identify ourselves and the fresh faces haha.

va_tazdad

One of them may have family obligations, he has several school aged children and is going to school part time himself. The other is my age with a serious girlfriend (who would likely accompany him) and no children, and in the course of normal conversation, has mentioned open carrying himself several times. As long as it won't be an issue that us newbies are armed, I'm sure he'd be happy to join if his schedule allows. Maybe we'll even wear nametags to identify ourselves and the fresh faces haha.

LOL EVERYBODY was a newbie at one time. Please come and join the crowd. I will bringing a couple of newbies with me so you won't be the only ones.

The OPC/KRK (Olde Pharts Club/Kardiac Recovery Krew) will be well represented and love helping new careriers feel comfortable and are a wealth of information and entertaining stories.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I managed to get relief from my previous obligations, so the wife and I will both be there. Since we're not counting for airline seats, that will be two (2) participants.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

Confirmed

Grapeshot (3)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (4)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
infidel (1)
ClumsyCandy (2 possible) - still waiting for that baby to drop
Tess and tribe (5)
The Wolfhound + beasties (2)
peter nap + keeper + 1 (3)
Marco (6)
The Atkinses (2)
efriday (1)
speed41ae (2 + possibles)
thedevilrobyjohn (4 + 2)
sidestreet (1 + 2)
ineedshoes (1 + 1)
Bob888 (2)
CoryB (2)
cmckeon (possibly 3 - he/she/it is a known spammer, which makes me worried about
someone who would bring their own pork product to a pig roast.
he/she/it can see me there and if they are real I will apologize.)
riverrat10k (1)
scouser (1 + 1 possible)
shooter_A (2)
Bill Graves (2) - he needed help following a link
vaeagle (3)
67GT390FB (1 + 1)
6L6GC (1 + 1 + ?)
oldvirginiajoe ( 6) now confirmed
jmelvin (2)

Only 78 to go. :banana:

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just had a call from the pitmaster. Everything is a go for a week from tomorrow. I might have been able to talk the guy(s) doing the cooking into bringing their BBQ guns.

Seriously - it's a BBQ. Everybody who shows up carrying will be carrying their BBQ gun, right?

Food service is targeted for 4 PM. We have Shelters 4, 5, and 6 at Dorey Park all day - so come out early and spend some time working up an appetite. I've been informed that one person is seriously considering bringing their fly rod and will be trying to annoy the fish. There's a playground for little ones of all ages. There's an off-leash dog park for the four-footed friends. (Not sure if they have a separate area for lizards, snakes and/or spiders.)

Directions are here http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ along with other information about the park.

I'll be there at 6 AM (not actually awake, but physically present) so the BBQ folks can get set up and start cooking. If you are thinking about coming early please have pity on me and bring coffee (extra sugar, extra cream).

stay safe.