• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
By now some of you have read http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?123500-Save-the-date-Sunday-Oct-5th before it got shoved in the Events section wherer many folks never venture. If you have not read it, please go there for the details.

I'm throwing a free pig roast on Sunday, Oct. 5th at Dorey Park in Henrico County. The free pig roast is to say "Thank You" to folks who have supported gun rights in Virginia and to especially thank those that have provided morale and financial support to folks who found out the hard way what it's like to have to fight for our rights. The location was selected because - well, like Thumper's mother said, if you can't say something nice about a person ....

The caterer has been contacted, papers signed, and arrangements made to have enough food for 150 people. I want to get a head count so that if there is going to be a need for more food it can be taken care of, and if not enough folks say they are planning on showing up I want to make arrangements for any extra food to go to a worthy group.

Of course there will be an opportunity for some food to be carried off in ziplock baggies - and especially bones for the four-legged who attend and those that were left at home.

Reply with a name and the total number you think will be coming in your party. (Yes, you can bring your friends - as long as you do not turn this into some frat block party.:uhoh:) I'll keep a running total going.

Please don't disappoint me just because it's on a Sunday and out in the wilds of Henrico County.

Thanks, and I really do look forward to seeing you out there.

stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Head counting

Confirmed

Grapeshot (2)
Wolfshadow (2)

Only 146 to go.:monkey

stay safe.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I would love to be there, but, alas, I must pay the bills and continue to convince my employer that he runs my life for just a couple more years.

So, EAT some for me and tell me just how good it was!

Thanks.

The Truth

You know you can count myself, woman, and baby. Might try to bring a friend but just the 3 of us for now!

Working on acquiring a sweet new BBQ gun for the occasion. See: the 10mm thread ;)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Head counting (and picking up some from the other thread)

Confirmed

Grapeshot (2)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (1)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
user (1) (I think he's saying he's coming)
infidel (1)
ClumsyCandy (2 possible)
Tess and tribe (3)
The Wolfhound + beasties (1) Will you be bringing the other half?
peter nap + keeper (2)

Only 129 to go.:banana:

stay safe.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Confirmed

Grapeshot (2)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (1)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
infidel (1)
ClumsyCandy (2 possible)
Tess and tribe (3)
peter nap + keeper (2)
Marco (6)

Only 123 to go.:monkey

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Oddly, finally an event when I am not working however I may be committed to cover someone that day if she desires. Can't commit until confirmed but commenting to watch the thread. :cry:

Folks who are involuntarily committed lose their rights. Don't lose your rights to BBQ.

stay safe.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I have a friend who lurks a lot. I'm checking with him, but expect to up my count by 2 to cover him and his wife.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Confirmed

Grapeshot (2)
Wolfshadow (2)
The Truth (2 1/2)
va_tazdad (1)
wrearick (2)
hafnhaf (2 + 1 possible)
celticredneck (2)
infidel (1)
ClumsyCandy (2 possible)
Tess and tribe (3 + 2)
peter nap + keeper (2)
Marco (6)

Only 121 to go.:banana:

stay safe.