Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waffle house manager trespasses dps officer

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

waffle house manager trespasses dps officer

Apparently A waffle house manager was apparently so anti-gun that he trespasses a dps officer for having a gun on him even despite the fact that he was in uniform with visible badge

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.c...-he-was-armed/

I'm interested to see where this goes, if anywhere. I don't think it makes sense to give Leo's special privileges, but that doesn't negate how utterly ridiculous this is

Edit: never mind. Finish the story on brietbart http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...e-He-Was-Armed

"Sorry, our policy is to give special orivileges to police, our manager has been corrected"

If it actually was a citizen he wouldn't have gotten an apology no matter how ridiculous or rude the manager was, you think?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-13-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    He's a waffle king !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8t4Smunp1U

Why is the cop even complaining about it? They support them kicking out others. Yet when they get kicked out, now that's a different story.

If the cop had no issue kicking you and me out 'cause the manger wanted us out, then he has no standing to complain about his sad butt from being kicked out.

The cop just outed himself as a commie.

Like it or not Officer, "NO GUNS" signs apply to you, too, unless you are on official business (or get the double secret free pass). Welcome to the world of gun discrimination.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Like it or not Officer, "NO GUNS" signs apply to you, too, unless you are on official business (or get the double secret free pass). Welcome to the world of gun discrimination.
    I'd say the 'not carrying if not on official business' is a valid interpretation. Coming in as a diner, don't bring guns, because those things are dangerous, M'kay?

Well I'd say take your business elsewhere. Or is Waffle House going to do the right thing and oust that manager like Mozilla did to a CEO that used his OWN PRIVATE money to support political causes that were his own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxxon View Post
    Well I'd say take your business elsewhere. Or is Waffle House going to do the right thing and oust that manager like Mozilla did to a CEO that used his OWN PRIVATE money to support political causes that were his own business.
    Wait... What? I'm not sure how this situation compares to the situation with the Mozilla CEO. But I doubt the manager goes anywhere. Waffle House isn't that good anyway, it should be pretty easy to avoid.
    Advocate freedom please

Scattered all the way...umm umm good! Waffles are good too. Boot the cops out...
    Evans posted on Facebook that the real issue to him was how the manager handled the situation by embarrassing him in front of other customers in the Waffle House. “I could care less if the guy knew who I was or weather he recognized my uniform or not,” Evans explained, “it was the fact that he felt yelling at me from across the restaurant was an appropriate way of addressing his concerns.”
    Me special.

What is sad, but typical of many cops, is that the cop was treated as any other citizen before he was given special treatment. The cop did not even consider the no gun component of this incident. How dare he treat me, a cop, like this in public.

Calling Officer Harless! Calling Officer Harless!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Scattered all the way...umm umm good! Waffles are good too. Boot the cops out... Me special.

What is sad, but typical of many cops, is that the cop was treated as any other citizen before he was given special treatment. The cop did not even consider the no gun component of this incident. How dare he treat me, a cop, like this in public.

He wanted the Manager to call him "Team RamRod" so he could be just like the cops in "Super Troopers."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    so, can a citizen place a cop under citizen's arrest if one sees a cop with a gun in an establishment w/a gun buster sign? Interesting...if so.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    so, can a citizen place a cop under citizen's arrest if one sees a cop with a gun in an establishment w/a gun buster sign? Interesting...if so.
    Only if a citizen can make a citizen's arrest in their state. Is a cop really ever not on official duties?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Scattered all the way...umm umm good! Waffles are good too. Boot the cops out... Me special.

I don't usually disagree with 'Cops Я Special' commentary, but this behavior by the Manager, if true, is very rude, cop or not as the target of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    I don't usually disagree with 'Cops Я Special' commentary, but this behavior by the Manager, if true, is very rude, cop or not as the target of it.
    It was extremely rude, and the officer shouldn't have been treated that way. My point, I think, is/was that 1. the manager would have willfully and intentionally treated an OCer this way and 2. had it not been for the fact that it happened to be a police officer, there wouldn't have been such backlash and subsequent apology
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    I hope that there is never a law passed outlawing rudeness ... I'd get the chair

It would be interesting to know what percentage of people become cops for the privileges. And I mean the honest, in their heart-of-hearts reason, not the for-public-consumption reasons. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority are doing it for the perks. I'd also be willing to bet that a large percentage become cops with nefarious goals in mind.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    It would be interesting to know what percentage of people become cops for the privileges. And I mean the honest, in their heart-of-hearts reason, not the for-public-consumption reasons. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority are doing it for the perks. I'd also be willing to bet that a large percentage become cops with nefarious goals in mind.
    It is a government job...

The number one reason why a person becomes a cop is for the steady paycheck. That was the results of a survey taken a couple years back. Sorry I can't give you the cite for that right now but I'm sure a Google ninja could find it.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    The number one reason why a person becomes a cop is for the steady paycheck. That was the results of a survey taken a couple years back. Sorry I can't give you the cite for that right now but I'm sure a Google ninja could find it.
    I'm not sure that survey would have captured their heart-of-hearts reasons, though. There are a lot of legitimate, highly stable businesses that can provide you with a steady paycheck, in practically whatever industry you desire.

I might still believe that a lot of police officers become police officers for good reasons, like wanting to help people, protect people, and bring justice to those that deserve it. Perhaps I'm just naive.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-16-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

~snip~
    I have a sword with my name on it that I'd fall on regarding the thought that this post and any reference to it should be deleted from the thread and from OCDO as having nothing to do with OC and/or the OP. 2c

IMHO. LEO's getting the boot from establishments like WH can only make them realize how WE FEEL when they "occasionally" treat us like criminals. I love NC, the Gold Star state, and have had RARE negative occurrences.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I'm not sure that survey would have captured their heart-of-hearts reasons, though. There are a lot of legitimate, highly stable businesses that can provide you with a steady paycheck, in practically whatever industry you desire.

I might still believe that a lot of police officers become police officers for good reasons, like wanting to help people, protect people, and bring justice to those that deserve it. Perhaps I'm just naive.
    Nope you're not. But, what happens after some number of years on the force that allows those noble reasons to fade away? Unless cops tell us we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by razor_baghdad View Post
    I have a sword with my name on it that I'd fall on regarding the thought that this post and any reference to it should be deleted from the thread and from OCDO as having nothing to do with OC and/or the OP. 2c

IMHO. LEO's getting the boot from establishments like WH can only make them realize how WE FEEL when they "occasionally" treat us like criminals. I love NC, the Gold Star state, and have had RARE negative occurrences.
    Well, as far as I am concerned it has everything to do with the OP and OC. There were several plain closed cops who were tossed from a eatery on the East Side some years back and those cops were really put out. Ill-annoyed is a very anti-2A state and the those cops got a taste of what it is like for every Ill-annoyed citizen. Yet they reacted as the privileged class members that they are, "how dare you, you mundanes, question us!".

The manage got retrained, the cops' privileged status is reaffirmed, all is right with the world.

Only if a citizen can make a citizen's arrest in their state. Is a cop really ever not on official duties?
    Refueling while in uniform during duty hours is an official duty.

Dining out while in civies during off-duty time is entertainment/recreation.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

Didn't he say he was in uniform?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

OK. How about those cops who get to take their cruiser home after their shift. I have seen deputies and state troopers in SC and MO use their cruisers for trips to the store. I see a cop car behind me my butt cheeks tighten just a wee bit. Paranoid? Maybe.

Maybe we should put people receiving welfare to work working for the police. Preferably on patrol. Arrest rate would drop a ton.

(it's just sarcasm, people)

OK. How about those cops who get to take their cruiser home after their shift. I have seen deputies and state troopers in SC and MO use their cruisers for trips to the store. I see a cop car behind me my butt cheeks tighten just a wee bit. Paranoid? Maybe.
    On call duties?

There's a Sheriff car parked in our complex, I've only seen the driver once. Despite association rules of parking in the garage, it's parked outside because (I assume) "safety." But I'm not worried about him. I'm totally stealing the Sheriff's car so we can get out of Dodge when SHTF (joking).

OK. How about those cops who get to take their cruiser home after their shift.
    I'm all for it. My next-door neighbors in Vegas did that about once a month. It's a reasonably effective deterrent.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast