• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

waffle house manager trespasses dps officer

stealthyeliminator

Apparently A waffle house manager was apparently so anti-gun that he trespasses a dps officer for having a gun on him even despite the fact that he was in uniform with visible badge

http://www.americasfreedomfighters....d-to-leave-waffle-house-because-he-was-armed/

I'm interested to see where this goes, if anywhere. I don't think it makes sense to give Leo's special privileges, but that doesn't negate how utterly ridiculous this is

Edit: never mind. Finish the story on brietbart http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ed-to-Leave-Waffle-House-Because-He-Was-Armed

"Sorry, our policy is to give special orivileges to police, our manager has been corrected"

If it actually was a citizen he wouldn't have gotten an apology no matter how ridiculous or rude the manager was, you think?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
He's a waffle king !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8t4Smunp1U

Why is the cop even complaining about it? They support them kicking out others. Yet when they get kicked out, now that's a different story.

If the cop had no issue kicking you and me out 'cause the manger wanted us out, then he has no standing to complain about his sad butt from being kicked out.

The cop just outed himself as a commie.

Maverick9

Like it or not Officer, "NO GUNS" signs apply to you, too, unless you are on official business (or get the double secret free pass). Welcome to the world of gun discrimination.

I'd say the 'not carrying if not on official business' is a valid interpretation. Coming in as a diner, don't bring guns, because those things are dangerous, M'kay?

Saxxon

Well I'd say take your business elsewhere. Or is Waffle House going to do the right thing and oust that manager like Mozilla did to a CEO that used his OWN PRIVATE money to support political causes that were his own business.

stealthyeliminator

Well I'd say take your business elsewhere. Or is Waffle House going to do the right thing and oust that manager like Mozilla did to a CEO that used his OWN PRIVATE money to support political causes that were his own business.

Wait... What? I'm not sure how this situation compares to the situation with the Mozilla CEO. But I doubt the manager goes anywhere. Waffle House isn't that good anyway, it should be pretty easy to avoid.

OC for ME

Scattered all the way...umm umm good! Waffles are good too. Boot the cops out...
Evans posted on Facebook that the real issue to him was how the manager handled the situation by embarrassing him in front of other customers in the Waffle House. “I could care less if the guy knew who I was or weather he recognized my uniform or not,” Evans explained, “it was the fact that he felt yelling at me from across the restaurant was an appropriate way of addressing his concerns.”
:rolleyes: Me special.

What is sad, but typical of many cops, is that the cop was treated as any other citizen before he was given special treatment. The cop did not even consider the no gun component of this incident. How dare he treat me, a cop, like this in public.

Calling Officer Harless! Calling Officer Harless!

scooter348

Scattered all the way...umm umm good! Waffles are good too. Boot the cops out...:rolleyes: Me special.

What is sad, but typical of many cops, is that the cop was treated as any other citizen before he was given special treatment. The cop did not even consider the no gun component of this incident. How dare he treat me, a cop, like this in public.

He wanted the Manager to call him "Team RamRod" so he could be just like the cops in "Super Troopers."

davidmcbeth

Banned
Like it or not Officer, "NO GUNS" signs apply to you, too, unless you are on official business (or get the double secret free pass). Welcome to the world of gun discrimination.

so, can a citizen place a cop under citizen's arrest if one sees a cop with a gun in an establishment w/a gun buster sign? Interesting...if so.

Maverick9

Scattered all the way...umm umm good! Waffles are good too. Boot the cops out...:rolleyes: Me special.

I don't usually disagree with 'Cops Я Special' commentary, but this behavior by the Manager, if true, is very rude, cop or not as the target of it.

stealthyeliminator

I don't usually disagree with 'Cops Я Special' commentary, but this behavior by the Manager, if true, is very rude, cop or not as the target of it.

It was extremely rude, and the officer shouldn't have been treated that way. My point, I think, is/was that 1. the manager would have willfully and intentionally treated an OCer this way and 2. had it not been for the fact that it happened to be a police officer, there wouldn't have been such backlash and subsequent apology

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
It would be interesting to know what percentage of people become cops for the privileges. And I mean the honest, in their heart-of-hearts reason, not the for-public-consumption reasons. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority are doing it for the perks. I'd also be willing to bet that a large percentage become cops with nefarious goals in mind.

OC for ME

It would be interesting to know what percentage of people become cops for the privileges. And I mean the honest, in their heart-of-hearts reason, not the for-public-consumption reasons. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority are doing it for the perks. I'd also be willing to bet that a large percentage become cops with nefarious goals in mind.
It is a government job...

Levi

The number one reason why a person becomes a cop is for the steady paycheck. That was the results of a survey taken a couple years back. Sorry I can't give you the cite for that right now but I'm sure a Google ninja could find it.

stealthyeliminator

The number one reason why a person becomes a cop is for the steady paycheck. That was the results of a survey taken a couple years back. Sorry I can't give you the cite for that right now but I'm sure a Google ninja could find it.

I'm not sure that survey would have captured their heart-of-hearts reasons, though. There are a lot of legitimate, highly stable businesses that can provide you with a steady paycheck, in practically whatever industry you desire.

I might still believe that a lot of police officers become police officers for good reasons, like wanting to help people, protect people, and bring justice to those that deserve it. Perhaps I'm just naive.

Last edited:

razor_baghdad

I have a sword with my name on it that I'd fall on regarding the thought that this post and any reference to it should be deleted from the thread and from OCDO as having nothing to do with OC and/or the OP. 2c

IMHO. LEO's getting the boot from establishments like WH can only make them realize how WE FEEL when they "occasionally" treat us like criminals. I love NC, the Gold Star state, and have had RARE negative occurrences.

OC for ME

I'm not sure that survey would have captured their heart-of-hearts reasons, though. There are a lot of legitimate, highly stable businesses that can provide you with a steady paycheck, in practically whatever industry you desire.

I might still believe that a lot of police officers become police officers for good reasons, like wanting to help people, protect people, and bring justice to those that deserve it. Perhaps I'm just naive.
Nope you're not. But, what happens after some number of years on the force that allows those noble reasons to fade away? Unless cops tell us we will never know.

I have a sword with my name on it that I'd fall on regarding the thought that this post and any reference to it should be deleted from the thread and from OCDO as having nothing to do with OC and/or the OP. 2c

IMHO. LEO's getting the boot from establishments like WH can only make them realize how WE FEEL when they "occasionally" treat us like criminals. I love NC, the Gold Star state, and have had RARE negative occurrences.
Well, as far as I am concerned it has everything to do with the OP and OC. There were several plain closed cops who were tossed from a eatery on the East Side some years back and those cops were really put out. Ill-annoyed is a very anti-2A state and the those cops got a taste of what it is like for every Ill-annoyed citizen. Yet they reacted as the privileged class members that they are, "how dare you, you mundanes, question us!".

The manage got retrained, the cops' privileged status is reaffirmed, all is right with the world.