• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

waffle house manager trespasses dps officer

OC for ME

Refueling while in uniform during duty hours is an official duty.

Dining out while in civies during off-duty time is entertainment/recreation.
OK. How about those cops who get to take their cruiser home after their shift. I have seen deputies and state troopers in SC and MO use their cruisers for trips to the store. I see a cop car behind me my butt cheeks tighten just a wee bit. Paranoid? Maybe.

mikeyb

It would be interesting to know what percentage of people become cops for the privileges. And I mean the honest, in their heart-of-hearts reason, not the for-public-consumption reasons. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority are doing it for the perks. I'd also be willing to bet that a large percentage become cops with nefarious goals in mind.

Maybe we should put people receiving welfare to work working for the police. Preferably on patrol. Arrest rate would drop a ton. ;)

(it's just sarcasm, people)

mikeyb

OK. How about those cops who get to take their cruiser home after their shift. I have seen deputies and state troopers in SC and MO use their cruisers for trips to the store. I see a cop car behind me my butt cheeks tighten just a wee bit. Paranoid? Maybe.

On call duties?

There's a Sheriff car parked in our complex, I've only seen the driver once. Despite association rules of parking in the garage, it's parked outside because (I assume) "safety." But I'm not worried about him. I'm totally stealing the Sheriff's car so we can get out of Dodge when SHTF (joking).

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Evans posted on Facebook that the real issue to him was how the manager handled the situation by embarrassing him in front of other customers in the Waffle House. “I could care less if the guy knew who I was or weather he recognized my uniform or not,” Evans explained, “it was the fact that he felt yelling at me from across the restaurant was an appropriate way of addressing his concerns.”

Ah, another person proving how much the presence of firearms or someone carrying a firearm near him causes him great fear and trepidation as shown by his yelling at and being rude towards the armed individual. :banghead:

OC for ME

If a cop is running to Wally World for groceries in his cruiser he is misusing "government" property. When i was in the Navy I did not get a "company" car to go to Wally World when running low on Cheeto's.