• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC holsters

MattSquires

Hey guys I'm new to these forums and hope this is an acceptable topic/question for this forum, if not I apologize.

I just got my wife a Springfield XDS 9mm pistol and wanted to know if anyone knew of any good conceal carry holsters for women. We're both very new to pistols/holsters and just wanted some recommendations from y'all if at all possible. We of course won't be carrying in public until we've had plenty of range time and at least some professional instruction.

Thank y'all. I appreciate any help at all.

Primus

Bladetech has a whole range of holsters for concealed carry. I run a nano with the glock and the holster is great.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

wittmeba

For women carrying is more about dress code. If they OC they probably want their holster to match. It is a little more difficult for women to conceal as they usually wear more form fitting clothing than men.

BladeTech is hard plastic and to me not the best for CC but the BladeTech may work well for range practice as they hold their form. I have a BladeTech that came with the S&W M&P .40. It had the Stingray Belt Attachment and I have since bought the paddle attachment but don't use it.

Here is a very lengthy list of holster mfgs - won't help much for selection but may help once you narrow down what style you want.
http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/technical/Holsters.html

These are the four I currently have.
http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/images/HolsterSet004.jpg

The AlienGear is most comfortable but a bit more difficult to put on. The Gould Gold Line is an OWB and fits me and the gun best. The DeSantis Sof-tuck is what I use most as I CC all the time...just drop it in my pants, hook onto the belt and go.

You may end up with several before you know what to consider to keep :)

Last edited:

MattSquires

Thank y'all so much. I really appreciate the help. We're both really excited but definitely want to temper that with proper training and discernment before we start carrying outside the house. I'll be looking into those holsters for sure.

.45ACPaddy

I personally have a custom made leather belt holster for outside the waistband. I carry a full size 1911 in it and can cover it without issue with a Seahawks jersey. And I'm a smaller guy, 140 lbs standing at 5'7"

I just picked up a Galco summer comfort inside the waistband holster for my Sig 1911 Carry commander sized 1911. Sitting at about 4 o clock on my belt it tucks in nicely to my side, a light jacket or hoodie would conceal it just fine.

Does she plan on carrying in a belt holster? Whether it be outside the waistband or inside the waistband. There are other options as well, such as a fanny pack or a concealed carry purse that has a holster built into a hidden compartment.

madicarus

I only cc and when it's cold out I use a fobus paddle holster. When it's warmer I use an iwb holster, the hybrid from foxx holsters.