• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Double standard

Edward Peruta

American News and Summary Judgmentwas contacted at 12:22 am on September 14th.

The following is a BRIEF rundown of what was reported to American News/Summary Judgment.

Additionalfacts have been provided and will be discussed at a later date after verification.

Hartford Police don't seem to concerned about this incident.

On the evening of September 13th, 2014, two members of the Hartford Fire Department witnessed a firearm incident where a white male in a pickup truck brandished a firearm and threatened to blow someone's head off if they didn't move out of the pickup's way.

The operator of the pickup was seen pointing a black handgun out the front windshield of his vehicle over the top of the steering wheel while yelling the verbal threat to blow an individual's brains out.

The Harford Fire personnel contacted their supervisor Captain Pond who advised them to contact Hartford Police.

Hartford Police public safety communication received and documented the call which is evidenced by the attached CAD documents obtained after filing a Freedom of Information request on the morning of September 14th.

American News/Edward Peruta has interviewed and obtained additional information from one of the two Harford Firefighters who witnessed the event.

HPD is reported to have stopped the vehicle described as a "BROWN SILVARADO MASS 8509YD".

It is reported that the pickup was occupied by four Caucasians.

It is further reported that the operator of the pickup showed Hartford Police officers something while being interviewed during the stop

Hartford Police Patrolman D. Moore is reported to have told the reporting Hartford Firefighter that the operator showed a badge to HPD officers.

Hartford Police Lieutenant Mefferd is reported by the complaining Hartford firefighter to have discussed giving the offending operator a pass because he showed his badge and identified himself as an off duty Massachusetts Police Officer.

American News and InformationServices Inc. has been provided with detailed information regarding this incident.

American News and InformationServices Inc. (Edward Peruta), prepared and delivered a written Freedom ofInformation Request to Lt. Roy of the Hartford Police Department, District 1 of the Hartford Fire Department and the on duty supervisor of the Hartford Public Safety Communications unit on the morning of April 14th, 2014.

The on duty Harford Public SafetyCommunications supervisor after consultation with her supervisor provided two pages of computer records that evidence the call.

Additional public records have been requested and a follow-up will be made at a future time.

It appears that a significant firearm event took place in the city of Hartford without further action by lawenforcement.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
American News and InformationServices Inc.
c/o Attorney Rachel M. Baird
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-978-5455

www.sjtalkshow.com

Watch Summary Judgment live on Saturday nights: http://sjtalkshow.com/live/

Visit our Youtubepage at: http://youtube.com/sjtalkshow

Last edited:

Primus

Negative I was at a friends welcome home party. Not armed since apple Irish whiskey was involved.

Thanks for thinking of me though. :D

I get along just fine with hose jockies. They are my heros. ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Edward Peruta

The blind leading the blind

The information was sent to various news desks at noon today and they ALL didn't open their emails to view the information submitted.

Just anther case of the public knowing more than the main street news outlets.

It's 4:15 pm and we'll see what the main stream news does with this incident.

Primus

The information was sent to various news desks at noon today and they ALL didn't open their emails to view the information submitted.

Just anther case of the public knowing more than the main street news outlets.

It's 4:15 pm and we'll see what the main stream news does with this incident.

My only question is how does the firefighter know what was done at the traffic stop? I understand he was present for the brandishing, but where was the traffic stop conducted? Still right in front of the fire station? Or did the same firefighter follow the truck and then witness the traffic stop? He'd have to be close to see a badge get flashed inside the truck.

Also no mention of the victim in the other car. Were they contacted since they were a victim of ADW and threats? Is there report of them also calling 911 or a report on file?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Edward Peruta

To be submitted to the Mayor of Hartford

September 16, 2014

Mayor Pedro E. Segarra
Harford City Hall
550 Main Street Room 200
Hartford, CT 06103

Re: Request for Comment

Mayor Segarra,

THE FACTS ON WHICH THE COMMENT IS REQUESTED:

On Saturday night September13, 2014, a Brown Silverado Pickup Truck bearing Mass. registration 8509YD wasin the north meadows after a concert.

The vehicle is reported to have had four caucasion occupants with a male operator.

Two firefighters from the Hartford Fire Department while near the Silverado pickup, observed and heard the male operator interact with a pedestrian who was in front of the vehicle.

For what ever reason, the operator of the pick up truck is reported to have brandished/pointed a black handgun by placing it over the stearing wheel and pointing it through the vehicle's windshield at the pedestrian in front of the vehicle.

Both Hartford firefighters verified and reported witnessing the event and hearing the male operator while pointing the handgun, make the following type threat to the pedestrian: "Move out of my way or I will blow your ******* brains out"

Hartford Public Safety Dispatch records document that the incident began and was reported at approximately 11:41 pm on the evening of September 13th.

A pending FOI request for additional information is pending.

Additional information appears to evidence the fact that the vehicle was stopped by members of the Hartford Police Department.

The members of the Harford Fire Department who witnessed the event questioned why the vehicle was not searched and why the operator was allowed to leave the scene without any law enforcment action.

It has since been learned that several members of the Hartford Fire Department were informed that the operator of the vehicle identified himself as a law enforcement officer, showed his badge and further identified himself as being employed by the University of Massachucetts.

PLEASE COMMENT ON YOUR ADMINISTRATION'S POLICYOF GIVING BADGE CARRYING MEMBERS OF LAW ENFORCEMENT A PASS ON THREATS MADE WITHFIREARMS?

Last edited: