Thread: Sb656

Sb656

Since SB656 was over-ridden in the veto session, does anyone know what date it will be legal to OC statewide with a CCW permit?

October 12th, I believe!

So wait, you guys can only carry with a permit, CC or OC?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    So wait, you guys can only carry with a permit, CC or OC?

As far a SB656 is concerned, the only thing that has changed in Missouri is if a city had banned open carry, as of 10-12.14 that city can no longer ban the practice as long as the person has a CCW.

Well I guess that's better than nothing...seems unconstitutional to require permission to carry like that.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

The truth is that MO is a OC state, no permission required. RSMo 21.750.3 provides for a political subdivision to regulate OC. Some town were OC with a permit already. Some towns OC is a no no. Most towns do not address OC at all, so OC is OK. Not much different that VA actually.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

wasnt part of 656 including provision for leo falsly removing ur weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The truth is that MO is a OC state, no permission required. RSMo 21.750.3 provides for a political subdivision to regulate OC. Some town were OC with a permit already. Some towns OC is a no no. Most towns do not address OC at all, so OC is OK. Not much different that VA actually.
    I thought part of new 656 provided a financial penalty if a leo removed your weapon or detained unlawfully

in reading text did not not see that part? was it removed or did I just miss it? and if there is a penalty what is it and how do u

find it? thanks...someone more versed than me please respond...would like to make hand out card with quotes for uninformed leo's

There is no penalty, there might have been one in previous versions, but it's toothless now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Arrest. 544.180. An arrest is made by an actual restraint of the person of the defendant, or by his submission to the custody of the officer, under authority of a warrant or otherwise. The officer must inform the defendant by what authority he acts, and must also show the warrant if required.

Resisting or interfering with arrest--penalty. 575.150. 1. A person commits the crime of resisting or interfering with arrest, detention, or stop if, knowing that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest, or attempting to lawfully detain or stop an individual or vehicle, or the person reasonably should know that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest or attempting to lawfully detain or lawfully stop an individual or vehicle, for the purpose of preventing the officer from effecting the arrest, stop or detention, the person:

4. It is no defense to a prosecution pursuant to subsection 1 of this section that the law enforcement officer was acting unlawfully in making the arrest. However, nothing in this section shall be construed to bar civil suits for unlawful arrest.
    Cops may claim that they "believed" that you broke "a law" to justify the "officer safety" = confiscate pistol.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Cops may claim that they "believed" that you broke "a law" to justify the "officer safety" = confiscate pistol.
    Is this the definition of "testilie"?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

In this case, belief is not sufficient. RAS is required. So, if an officer merely believes me to have broken a law, disarms me, that's a civil suit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    In this case, belief is not sufficient. RAS is required. So, if an officer merely believes me to have broken a law, disarms me, that's a civil suit for him.

True...the ride vs. rap thingy.