Thread: WASH POST PAGE ONE MONDAY: Rand Paul distancing himself from libertarian past...

WASH POST PAGE ONE MONDAY: Rand Paul distancing himself from libertarian past...

Shifting his views, Rand Paul seeks broader appeal but may risk his outsider image

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...nd_804897.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a37_story.html

Heh heh heh. There's not a spit of difference among the progressives, the republicans, democrats and livertarians, progressives all.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Shifting his views, Rand Paul seeks broader appeal but may risk his outsider image

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...nd_804897.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a37_story.html

Heh heh heh. There's not a spit of difference among the progressives, the republicans, democrats and livertarians, progressives all.
    Paul is a progressive, republican, democrat and livertarian(sic)? If not, I believe additional information would be required to support that assertion.
    Advocate freedom please

Well, his daddy's a good example. Once a republican ...

A basic lesson in general philosophy, the label is not the thing, der ding an sich.

A basic lesson in general philosophy, the label is not the thing, der ding an sich.
    How true...except we're talking politics and politicians...labels are everything.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    How true...except we're talking politics and politicians...labels are everything.
    Talking, are his lips moving?

Believe nothing read or heard without verifying it oneself unless it Weltanschauung congruent. (Hmm, interesting that the topic led to two German ideas, Weltanschauung and ding an sich.)

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I was wondering when Rand would make the change from libertarianish views to party compliance. The GOP obviously flexed a little muscle and brought him to heel.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    And he personally had an abortion ... so he'll get the womens vote....really, I pay no mind to this guy...not yet

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    So, your asking a politician to not be a politician? That is a tall order.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Paul is a progressive, republican, democrat and livertarian(sic)? If not, I believe additional information would be required to support that assertion.

Perhaps I should have said, if not, then your assertion is false, as if there is no difference then he must be all 4 if he is any. A basic lesson in math?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-15-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Advocate freedom please