Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lessons from Garnerís NYPD death and cigarette taxes. Almost there on WoD

Lessons from Garnerís NYPD death and cigarette taxes. Almost there on WoD

Many people say his death is another case of white police brutality against black citizens. Lost in this public debate, though, is a key question: Why were police arresting Garner in the first place? Was he robbing a store or attacking innocent citizens? No, police arrested Garner supposedly for selling untaxed cigarettes. The strong-arm arresting process claimed Garnerís life, all over the sale of 75-cent loose cigarettes or ďloosies.Ē

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...garners-death/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Remember this incident happened in NYC. The NYPD is not a organization filled to the brim with liberty minded souls. It certainly does not hurt that the victim is black.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    The death penalty is now an acceptable punishment for nonpayment of taxes.

Banned
    Killed in Jerkwater, USA....

Americans need to remember that obeying prohibitions (including de facto prohibition achieved through excessive taxation) is un-American, whereas being a "scofflaw" and flaunting such is firmly within the American tradition.

Compared to the NYPD enforcers, Garner was a classic American hero.

Banned
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...cker-1.2766122

Here's another guy .. lucky he lived....selling pop

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    [ ... ]whereas being a "scofflaw" and flaunting such is firmly within the American tradition. Compared to the NYPD enforcers, Garner was a classic American hero.
    I remember (HS Sr. Civics and American Problems) being taught that it was the duty of patriotic Americans to avoid all legally possible taxes. That takes away the power of social engineering via taxes to the legal extent possible.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Remember this incident happened in NYC. The NYPD is not a organization filled to the brim with liberty minded souls.
    "Why do you hate uhmurricuh?!?" [authority-loving, flag-waving moron]

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    Confirmed...we have another agent provocateur.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Hate who? Are you choking on a hair ball or writing in English?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    The CDC just included this death as a "smoke related death" too .... guberment hates smokes, like Hitler (7+ posts, right, or too soon?)

Enforcing corporate policy is certainly within the rubric of the US government. Along with setting those policies. Indeed, it is difficult to separate corporate and governmental interests.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Banned
    You're wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Hate who? Are you choking on a hair ball or writing in English?
    I'm mocking the speech of the idiots who worship the state.

I'm mocking the speech of the idiots who worship the state.
    Actually it sounded like you were mocking a person with a southern drawl or accent. Possibly a "redneck" (for lack of better term).

The laughable part is that many that would fall into that part of the country or accent area are less likely to "worship" the state.

But who cares about actual facts right? Just throw stuff out there to get a reaction.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Actually it sounded like you were mocking a person with a southern drawl or accent. Possibly a "redneck" (for lack of better term).

The laughable part is that many that would fall into that part of the country or accent area are less likely to "worship" the state.

But who cares about actual facts right? Just throw stuff out there to get a reaction.

The Bible Belt has some of the most enthusiastic supporters of Pax Americana, authoritarianism, flag worship, the so-called "war on drugs," and various other anti-liberty garbage.

The Bible Belt has some of the most enthusiastic supporters of Pax Americana, authoritarianism, flag worship, the so-called "war on drugs," and various other anti-liberty garbage.
    And California and New York have some of the most enthusiastic supporters of using government to punish you neighbor because he smokes and you don't like the smell.

Statism is statism.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    And California and New York have some of the most enthusiastic supporters of using government to punish you neighbor because he smokes and you don't like the smell.

Statism is statism.
    They suck balls too.

Banned
    They suck balls too.
    if you write a novel, I would recommend you begin it with that sentence ^^^

They suck balls too.
    It sounds like you don't hate the governing body, you hate the general populous.

You just insinuated that people from the southeast, bible belt, new York and California suck balls.

That takes out a pretty big chuck of people.

I definitely disagree with many people in different areas, but your malcontent for society in general in remarkable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    It sounds like you don't hate the governing body, you hate the general populous.

You just insinuated that people from the southeast, bible belt, new York and California suck balls.

That takes out a pretty big chuck of people.

I definitely disagree with many people in different areas, but your malcontent for society in general in remarkable.
    At least he is not discriminatory !

You're wrong.
    Your inflammatory rhetoric, insults, and overall disregard for decorum. These are the trademarks of the agent provocateur, hoping to get a emotional response from one of the members so as to hold it up to your liberal/cop allies as a "gotcha moment."

You have been exposed for what you are and why you are here.

OC4ME sure youre not related to, let's see...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joseph.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	12029

i do believe joe used similar words as you just did in persecuting those he disagreed with or felt didn't fit his perception of the world.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-17-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    OC4ME sure youre not related to, let's see...
    Nope, he was a yankee. But, your pursuit of finding such comparisons does raise my interest to scrutinize your posts a wee bit more closely. You certainly do seem to talk the talk, you may even walk the walk, liberals have guns too.

Banned
    Your inflammatory rhetoric, insults, and overall disregard for decorum. These are the trademarks of the agent provocateur, hoping to get a emotional response from one of the members so as to hold it up to your liberal/cop allies as a "gotcha moment."

You have been exposed for what you are and why you are here.
    I'm here to promote liberty to a demographic that has a history of partially supporting liberty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast