• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sprouts = gunbusters

Elm Creek Smith

Stopped at the new Sprouts grocery in Broken Arrow yesterday afternoon. I didn't see a "gunbuster" sign on the way in the door, and my wife and I completed our shopping in short order. On the way out, though, a sign on the glass between the sliding door and the wall caught my eye. It was a dark green rectangular outline with the words "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" in black letters. From the outside on a bright sunny, it was almost invisible. I didn't have a problem since I was carrying concealed at the time (We were on our way home from a wedding.), but I can see someone missing their "stealth" gunbuster sign while open carrying and getting embarrassed/harassed.

Seems a shame, because it's a really nice store. Too bad I won't be going back.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Never heard of Sprouts before my visit to CO last week. They had the same exact sign you described in the same exact place. I did not purchase anything.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Please let them know that you will not be spending your hard earned dollars on their misguided efforts to disarm the People. They need to know.

Elm Creek Smith

Please let them know that you will not be spending your hard earned dollars on their misguided efforts to disarm the People. They need to know.

Going to contact all the local stores directly. I contacted Sprouts through their website with the following complaint:

"My wife and I stopped at your new store in Broken Arrow, OK, yesterday 09/14/2014. I was disappointed to see a 'NO FIREARMS ALLOWED' sign next to the door as we left. Worse, the 'NO FIREARMS ALLOWED' sign was off to one side of the door, outlined in a dark shade of green with black letters, rendering it difficult to see from the outside on a bright day. This is a problem because, had I seen the sign, we wouldn't have spent any money in your store since I refuse to support companies that don't respect my civil rights.

Until you change your policy, we will not patronize any of your locations, and we will inform our families and friends that Sprouts doesn't respect law-abiding citizens who have Oklahoma Handgun Licenses.

'NO SPROUTS ALLOWED'"

Last edited:

jackrockblc

Thanks for posting this. I'm in Colorado, and there are two locations relatively near me - and we used to frequent one of them. I will check to see if is posted. If so, I'll let them know my feelings. If not, i'll contact corporate (via website) about the experiences shared in this thread.

twoskinsonemanns

I sent them a message through their website. Since I did not make a purchase specifically because of the sign I thought I would give them the benefit of an explanation why they lost my business.

Elm Creek Smith

Never heard of Sprouts before my visit to CO last week. They had the same exact sign you described in the same exact place. I did not purchase anything.

Thank you. If someone is going to post gunbuster signs, they should be proud enough of them to make them absolutely unmistakable. I stopped outside Jared's jewelry store one day and stared at the gunbuster sign until a manager came out to ask me if he could help me. I told him that I had come to spend a couple of thousand dollars on a gift for my wife but that his company wouldn't let me. He seemed real confused over my refusal to "just leave [my] gun in the car." :cool:

twoskinsonemanns

Thank you. If someone is going to post gunbuster signs, they should be proud enough of them to make them absolutely unmistakable. I stopped outside Jared's jewelry store one day and stared at the gunbuster sign until a manager came out to ask me if he could help me. I told him that I had come to spend a couple of thousand dollars on a gift for my wife but that his company wouldn't let me. He seemed real confused over my refusal to "just leave [my] gun in the car." :cool:

heh heh heh nice.
You're absolutely right about the sign. I was with my brother at the time. He didn't see it. I saw it because I automatically scan every store looking for one. You could see it barely when the sliding glass doors were closed. When the doors were open there are two layers of tinted glass covering it and it's nearly impossible. I got a picture of it on my phone somewhere. I'll post it just for kicks in the next couple days.

twoskinsonemanns

Dear ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas about our decision to prohibit firearms in our stores. Please understand that we recognize and respect our customers’ rights under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a right that prohibits the government (but not private retailers) from infringing on citizens’ right to bear arms.

That right, however, must be balanced with our need as a retailer to address concerns of a majority of our customers and team members. That's why, after careful and thoughtful analysis, we have decided to prohibit our customers and our team members from bringing firearms onto our store premises.

While this decision may disappoint some of our valued customers, such as yourself, we stand by our decision and have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our communities about it.

Sincerely,

Danne
Customer Relations | Sprouts Farmers Market

twoskinsonemanns

Here's that pic I promised. This is with the outer doors closed and you can still barely see it.
sprouts2.jpg

I also have been considering a reply. Maybe something to do with being relieved to know that if, in the future, I am in a tight bind it is great knowing that there is a business out there completely defenseless. :banana:

BikerGuy57

Dear Danne, Chipotle also banned guns and within one week were held up. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but had they allowed government screened legal citizens to carry their guns in the establishment, they would never have been robbed to begin with. In the legal gun carrying citizens mind, the NO GUNS ALLOWED sign means that your establishment is ripe for crime to happen because in the criminals' minds, a NO GUNS ALLOWED sign means that no one will stop him from robbing your establishment and even shooting your employees and customers. In comparison, NO GUNS ALLOWED has caused mass murders on our school campuses around the country, which incidentally is why teachers and other school employees are allowed to carry on campus with a legal concealed license!

I have to apologize, but I and my family and friends, and all legally concealed license carriers will be avoiding your establishment. I'm sure you'll change your mind when a lawless criminal sees your NO GUNS ALLOWED sign, and robs your establishment freely, knowing no one can nor will stop him! Only after that occurs AND when you remove your NO GUNS ALLOWED signs, will we good citizens be back.

Good luck to you!

Signed, ..............

Dear ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas about our decision to prohibit firearms in our stores. Please understand that we recognize and respect our customers’ rights under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a right that prohibits the government (but not private retailers) from infringing on citizens’ right to bear arms.

That right, however, must be balanced with our need as a retailer to address concerns of a majority of our customers and team members. That's why, after careful and thoughtful analysis, we have decided to prohibit our customers and our team members from bringing firearms onto our store premises.

While this decision may disappoint some of our valued customers, such as yourself, we stand by our decision and have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our communities about it.

Sincerely,

Danne

lockman

State Researcher
Dear Danne, Chipotle also banned guns and within one week were held up. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but had they allowed government screened legal citizens to carry their guns in the establishment, they would never have been robbed to begin with. In the legal gun carrying citizens mind, the NO GUNS ALLOWED sign means that your establishment is ripe for crime to happen because in the criminals' minds, a NO GUNS ALLOWED sign means that no one will stop him from robbing your establishment and even shooting your employees and customers. In comparison, NO GUNS ALLOWED has caused mass murders on our school campuses around the country, which incidentally is why teachers and other school employees are allowed to carry on campus with a legal concealed license!

I have to apologize, but I and my family and friends, and all legally concealed license carriers will be avoiding your establishment. I'm sure you'll change your mind when a lawless criminal sees your NO GUNS ALLOWED sign, and robs your establishment freely, knowing no one can nor will stop him! Only after that occurs AND when you remove your NO GUNS ALLOWED signs, will we good citizens be back.

Good luck to you!

Signed, ..............

I believe you should confine the response to your personal situation. I personally tend to disregard letters by individuals that claim to speak for an entire community of people. Also stating that a store would not be robbed also reduces credibility. If speculating make sure you covey this as your opinion.

twoskinsonemanns

Good luck to you!

Signed, ..............

Nice job. Whatever they do they should know they are losing some business because of their policy. I can't speak for anyone else but I know for certain I was planning on making a purchase there and did not because of the sign.

rightwinglibertarian

Good luck to you!

Signed, ..............

Very good apart from the permit references. This I think would enforce the idea it's ok to require them when in fact they aren't even legal. Remember regardless of the bureaucrats and traitors to the Constitution all 50 states are constitutional carry whether they like it or not. It's just a shame not enough people have the guts to admit that which severely harms our cause.

F350

Dear ,

Sincerely,

Danne

It's an "ORGANIC" store; what did you expect??

twoskinsonemanns

It's an "ORGANIC" store; what did you expect??

To be honest I was very surprised at the sign. In my area of WV The only gun signs I've ever noticed were at the mall or government buildings.
Not too surprised at the reply though that's true.

Amigatec

There is nothing in the Constitution that gives them the right to infringe my rights. I have the same rights they do. The 2A applies to every person in the country. Let them try to post a sign that says "No Homosexuals Allowed" and see how far that goes.

Needless to say, I carried my gun in there just the day, I looked the sign, I deciced my rights are more important than there stupid sign.

The only places I don't carry are the prohibited by law.

Screw the sign.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

There is nothing in the Constitution that gives them the right to infringe my rights. I have the same rights they do. The 2A applies to every person in the country. Let them try to post a sign that says "No Homosexuals Allowed" and see how far that goes.

Needless to say, I carried my gun in there just the day, I looked the sign, I deciced my rights are more important than there stupid sign.

The only places I don't carry are the prohibited by law.

Screw the sign.

For me it's about not giving them my business.