• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston C-store owner kills robber

HPmatt

Looks like the perp was college-bound from his social media self-pics.
Or was he one of those Texas OC long gun types? /so

C-store was about a mile from Hobby airport toward Gulf Freeway. About 1 mile from the home invasion dead perp of about 6 months ago.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...lls-would-be-robber-in-SE-Houston-5754139.php

Looks like London papers do a better job on photos
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nience-store-owner-kills-robber-gunfight.html

Family moved to TX from NY - guess the like the wild west' ability to protect yourself, vs facing criminal charges of having an illegal handgun.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Looks like the guy graduated with honors .... from the school of thievery .... a sister school of Hogwarts.

Sucks to be dead ... best not to steal is the motto.

Last edited:

The Truth

Oh my dear sweet lord, the comments on the Houston Chronicle article are making my brain explode! :banghead:

HPmatt

One of the best ones:

gkaddy Rank 1623
Welcome to Texas, and good shootin' there Tex.

Told our Lost Boys from Sudan friends if they ever get pulled over by cops, and the cop asks 'where are you from Boy', tell them I'm from Texas (unless they were in East Tx) the cops would really like that response. Texas is a state of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk