Thread: Texas Police Prepare to Defend International Bridges From Militia Groups

Texas Police Prepare to Defend International Bridges From Militia Groups

Breitbart Texas spoke with several law enforcement professionals about whether the reported plans by militia groups to close the bridges were true and, if so, what the law enforcement response to the planned incidents would be. All of the agencies with officers who spoke with Breitbart Texas explained they believe the threat to be credible. The officers indicated that local, state, and federal law enforcement are working together to deliver an appropriate response.
    [ ... ]
    The region is currently jammed packed with law enforcement. In addition to the normal compliment of local, state, and federal police, there are currently surge operations in place that have brought in over 2,000 people to protect the region; Ranging from additional border patrol officers, to the surge of Texas Department of Public Safety troopers, to the recent deployment of 1,000 members of the Texas National Guard.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Militia-Groups
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

How ironic. The government can send all this law enforcement down there for the militias but not for illegal aliens.

Closing down the international bridges would be abridging* various treaties in effect between the two countries. The federal .gov has an obligation and interest in seeing that treaty provisions are not abridged*. The federal .gov can ask local/state LEA assistance; the federal .gov usually pays the locals' costs associated with handling the federal .gov issues.

While some might think a war with Mexico might be good, I am strongly of the opinion that after we win that war it would drain the tax coffers just trying to provide ocupational rule there. Compare/contrast the occupations of Germany and Japan (especially Japan) after WWII to what would be faced in occupying Mexico. Scares the [expletive deleted] out of me.

stay safe.

* - Only countries can "violate" treaties with other countries. Civillian interference that is not put down by the treaty state causes an abridgement. If you are a Constitutional Scholar you would understand the difference.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NosePicker View Post
    How ironic. The government can send all this law enforcement down there for the militias but not for illegal aliens.
    Amen.

UPDATE! Border Sheriffs Brace for Possible Militia Action on Saturday [tomorrow]

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.