Thread: Been busy, but I made a flowchart regarding I-594 you may like to see or use

Been busy, but I made a flowchart regarding I-594 you may like to see or use

I made this after a number of discussions where people didn't understand the impact of the law: http://i.imgur.com/QLMj1Em.png

I hereby license this under CC0 1.0 Universal – Public Domain Dedication. You may use, modify, and redistribute as you see fit, with or without attribution.

http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Banned
    Great job....but my head hurts

Label your operator vertices with their legal process specification.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Listening to Ralph Fascitelli outright lie on the TV stream about the contents of I-594 made mine hurt. I'm hoping that for most people, the amount of "no" things they have to answer, only to have them get to one where it's like "well, that's possible" and see "great, you just broke the law" is enough they don't even need the rest. The rest is there to show the level of complexity and the specificity of the affirmative defense exceptions to Section 3. E.g. "are you at a range?" followed by "is the firearm always kept there?" showing that it's not enough to just be at a range, but the firearm has to always be there.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Label your operator vertices with their legal process specification.
    Label them yourself: http://tawnos.com/shared/Breaking_th...der_I-594.vsdx

:P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    Kaaa-POW ! lol good comeback .. though it was just a suggestion ...

That's the whole point of this initiative. It is worded to make even lawyers heads explode. To actually enforce this mess would be mind boggling both logistically, and financially.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    That's the whole point of this initiative. It is worded to make even lawyers heads explode. To actually enforce this mess would be mind boggling both logistically, and financially.
    Thanks goodness I'm a Libertarian .. we don't believe that any gun laws are legal

Thanks goodness I'm a Libertarian .. we don't believe that any gun laws are legal
    +1

If this mess does become law, I hope there is no will to enforce it or the courts strike it down as vague.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    If this mess does become law, I hope there is no will to enforce it or the courts strike it down as vague.
    Someone is dreaming. Courts have always said that gun owners need to understand the gun laws..and ignorance is no excuse.

I just saved the link for the flow chart so I can show people the absurdity of this proposal.
    Thank you for taking the time to put this together!
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I watched the KOMO I594 town hall meeting and @ 12:15 into the show They showed the question I asked on Facebook About why if it is about simple background checks why is it 18 pages long and Ralph Fakeatelli said its not 18 pages the first six pages are definitions . Why do they need 6 pages of definitions if it is about simple background checks.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    +1
    +1 also
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The very fact that a flow chart about a law gives me a borderline migrane speaks volumes about how unnecessary it is.

Strike this thing down in the legislature and the courts, or it'll be struck down by other means.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    I watched the KOMO I594 town hall meeting and @ 12:15 into the show They showed the question I asked on Facebook About why if it is about simple background checks why is it 18 pages long and Ralph Fakeatelli said its not 18 pages the first six pages are definitions . Why do they need 6 pages of definitions if it is about simple background checks.
    Honest answer:
    It's ~4.5 pages of definitions. The reason those are all in there is because the definitions are modifications of existing RCWs, rather than new sections, so the initiative must include the entirety of the existing statute and use underlines for new things and strikethrough for removed things.

The length of any particular initiative doesn't concern me. The content concerns me, and is what should be focused upon. What's truly disgusting about that town hall is the repeated claim by Mr. Fascitelli that the law only criminalizes attempts to circumvent the background check requirements, despite that claim being an outright fabrication. Other whoppers include "Oregon and California already have the exact same laws in place".

More "fun" in the initiative - the "licensed dealer" definition specifically defines a licensed dealer to be a person who is licensed under 18 USC 923 (a). Those of you with C&R FFLs? You're licensed under 18 USC 923 (b).

Getting some visibility over at Joe Huffman's: http://blog.joehuffman.org/2014/11/0...n-about-i-594/

The flowchart was also used on TTAG:

Washington’s New I-594 – A Law Only Rube Goldberg Could Love

Nice job on that chart and my condolences on the law.

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Banned
    Now cops will leave guns on the ground just outside of schools. When some good citizen picks it up to bring it to the cops he won't have to worry .. they'll nab the criminal right away.

Sucker.