Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~ 250 million non-military personnel were killed by governments last century

Banned

~ 250 million non-military personnel were killed by governments last century

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

I am flabbergasted by tards who portray the hypothetical chaos and mayhem of anarchy as worse than the actual chaos and mayhem of statism.

Out of curiosity, which tards peed in your Wheaties today to set you off?

Without that information your post is like the start of the Geico commercials - "Everybody knows that."

In the meantime, thanks for the drive-by post.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post

I am flabbergasted by tards who portray the hypothetical chaos and mayhem of anarchy as worse than the actual chaos and mayhem of statism.
    The statist economy, lifestyle, & mentality is well crafted, well implemented, and well maintained. It's an art form that has evolved through many centuries of effort, experimentation and exploitation.

The statistics prove the "sheep to slaughter" mentality, and thus, the term "sheeple".

I didn't see the USA listed on that little chart on the right.

Putting my kibble back into my pocket...not going to feed the troll.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I didn't see the USA listed on that little chart on the right.

Putting my kibble back into my pocket...not going to feed the troll.
    Nor do I think the residents of the PRC or the USSR had much of a say about what form of government they preferred.
    Han shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by waskel View Post
    Nor do I think the residents of the PRC or the USSR had much of a say about what form of government they preferred.
    True, but they did (do?) have a constitution and had a...what, 98% voter turn out consistently? I could be wrong on that, we all should know how government bureaucrats are notoriously inept at managing a election.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

True, but they did (do?) have a constitution and had a...what, 98% voter turn out consistently? I could be wrong on that, we all should know how government bureaucrats are notoriously inept at managing a election.
    I recently posted the link to the official English language translation of the PRC Constitution, found with a very brief search.

In the US elections are managed at the very lowest possible level of bureaucracy, the municipality. In Wisconsin there are about 2,000 boards representing about 4 million electors.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Are you calling the members of this site "tards"?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Sounds like they 'manage' their elections pretty well...
    Han shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    This would be a good example of a rhetorical question.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    It appears so ... I am becoming increasingly intolerant of the "tard" designation, whether it's used alone or in combination with a qualifier, i.e., "libtards." We have a significant community of people in our society who, through no fault of their own, are mentally challenged. Society has rightly shunned the term "mentally retarded," and so should we, no matter in what form it occurs. We would not allow the use of other common pejoratives on this site, e.g., the "N" word. IMO, the "T" word should also not be tolerated.

I'm asking the Moderators to be vigilant in deleting posts that contain that offensive term.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Banned
    I see that the consensus is that the appropriate response to democide is to be petty, self-righteous jerks and mock the messenger, come back with "but our beloved government hasn't been as evil!" and so forth. Go ahead, be evil and smug. When full-blown tyranny arrives in this country, it will be poetic justice when statists suffer.

I see that the consensus is that the appropriate response to democide is to be petty, self-righteous jerks and mock the messenger, come back with "but our beloved government hasn't been as evil!" and so forth. Go ahead, be evil and smug. When full-blown tyranny arrives in this country, it will be poetic justice when statists suffer.
    The messenger mocks thyself...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    The messenger mocks thyself...
    If you don't like my style, then that's your problem. Keep worshiping the constitution that got us into this mess.

If you don't like my style, then that's your problem. Keep worshiping the constitution that got us into this mess.
    Actually if you continue to insult and berate members it will be your problem. Actually it is your problem now, you are not winning any support. And if you did have a logical thought posted, your actions would negate any benefit it would have. It would be like Charles Manson arguing your arguments for you.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Actually if you continue to insult and berate members it will be your problem. Actually it is your problem now, you are not winning any support. And if you did have a logical thought posted, your actions would negate any benefit it would have. It would be like Charles Manson arguing your arguments for you.
    In other words, you're being an apologist for the ad hominem fallacy right now.

In other words, you're being an apologist for the ad hominem fallacy right now.
    If you had an ounce of intelligence you would know you are barking up the wrong tree. Your eyes are so clouded with the brown stuff and your heart is so corrupt with hatred you have no idea where I stand. A good many people here would correct you on the dumb assumption above.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    If you had an ounce of intelligence you would know you are barking up the wrong tree. Your eyes are so clouded with the brown stuff and your heart is so corrupt with hatred you have no idea where I stand. A good many people here would correct you on the dumb assumption above.
    Keep focusing on the man rather than the ideas being debated.

Keep focusing on the man rather than the ideas being debated.
    YOU brought focus to yourself by not presenting a logical intelligent thought, but instead nothing but insults. I do not see a man to focus on, at least not with manly behavior.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    YOU brought focus to yourself by not presenting a logical intelligent thought, but instead nothing but insults. I do not see a man to focus on, at least not with manly behavior.
    So self-control has no place in debates?

When presented with the temptation to ridicule someone deemed eccentric, people should lose all self-control and stop focusing on the ideas, and start ridiculing the opponent whom they deem eccentric?
    Last edited by state hater; 09-16-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Ok, I'll bite. Should we compare the amount of deaths in anarchy over the last 100 years as compared to government killings in the usa?

Let's so how that Stat matches up.

Don't get me wrong, I believe government has its issues, but it's gonna take more than one non-peer reviewed, non ethics board approved research review to convince me that rule of law in the us is more dangerous than complete anarchy.

So self-control has no place in debates?

When presented with the temptation to ridicule someone deemed eccentric, people should lose all self-control and stop focusing on the ideas, and start ridiculing the opponent whom they deem eccentric?
    You should look in the mirror while saying that...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Should we compare the amount of deaths in anarchy over the last 100 years as compared to government killings in the usa?

Don't get me wrong, I believe government has its issues, but it's gonna take more than one non-peer reviewed, non ethics board approved research review to convince me that rule of law in the us is more dangerous than complete anarchy.
    There is a social system on any place on the planet where there is more than one person. And in social animals it is no different. Limited government is better than chaos, but we no longer have limited government. If there is a place with no government, no warlords, just the Garden of Eden I will donate to send the fruitcakes there.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Actually, it's your problem, if you care a whit for persuasion.

If you do not, then it lends credence to others' assumptions about your status as an agent provocateur.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-16-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post

So you think that more than a quarter billion people have been killed because of statelessness in the twentieth century?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast