Thread: Clallam & Jefferson Counties

Clallam & Jefferson Counties

Am planning a trip to the area. Are there some ranges there, and what is the general feeling among the locals about firearms in general? More like Seattle area or more like eastern Washington? I've heard Port Townsend is a very "liberal" town. Do they toe the democrat line on 2A issues there? Thanks guys.

Here is a range map. Subject to user input.
    http://www.waguns.org/rangemap.html
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    Here is a range map. Subject to user input.
    http://www.waguns.org/rangemap.html
    Good info - thanks!

The other part of my OP was badly worded. I should have asked how locals react to OC, in particular in a town like Port Townsend.

Quote Originally Posted by district9 View Post
    Good info - thanks!

The other part of my OP was badly worded. I should have asked how locals react to OC, in particular in a town like Port Townsend.
    I have visited Port Townsend several times, and never had a problem. Enjoy!

I was just OCing in Jeffco today, well the western half during a hike along the coast, ran into some german tourists who seemed surprised to see someone carrying a pistol, but no problems.

PT is a very, very liberal town, I think you wont get much reaction though simply because people don't tend to notice most of the time.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I spend a lot of time in the Forks, Clallam Bay, Sekiu, Neah Bay areas. I've never had an issue with the locals. There is an outdoor range/pit up at Neah Bay (I've never used it).

Some folks might take issue but 6 years ago when I was working out the carry issues up at Neah Bay with the Police Chief and the Tribal Judge (At the time there was no reciprocity with the state), I was requested to give the police chief a copy of my CPL & Driver License.

On the weekends and holidays up at Cape Flatterly, you do get some looks and questions from all of the vacation folks visiting the area.
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 09-21-2014 at 10:41 PM.