Thread: Alexandria school locked down

Alexandria school locked down

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2654661...on-with-weapon

Seems someone was carrying a gun around a school and caused it to get locked down. One report is saying brandishing a long arm. Slung rifle maybe?

One hour ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Police
    ...The search is beginning to break down. No suspect located...
    In other words, this time the guy that had the umbrella is deciding to keep quiet.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    One hour ago:

In other words, this time the guy that had the umbrella is deciding to keep quiet.
    Umbrella gun ...

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_1053828...la-outdoor.jpg

or

https://cbsena.files.wordpress.com/2...brella-gun.jpg

Everything can be a gun ... or look like one
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-16-2014 at 09:29 PM.

From the article;

Police have released a description of the man that the students say they saw. The suspect is described as a black male with a medium complexion, 5'6" to 5'8", medium build with a "belly," with a short black Mohawk style haircut. He was wearing a black shirt, blue pants, black boots and was carrying what appeared to be a long gun.
    If he just had a bunch of gold chains around his neck, I would say that B.A. Baracus was running amok in Alexandria. Or that someone was making it up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    From the article;

If he just had a bunch of gold chains around his neck, I would say that B.A. Baracus was running amok in Alexandria. Or that someone was making it up.
    "medium build"? What does that mean now, land of the fatties? 300 lbs?

No one could describe the type of gun other than "long gun"? Shows its garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    ...No one could describe the type of gun other than "long gun"? Shows its garbage.
    I was thinking the same. How many students claim to have seen it? It doesn't take very many before someone knows what they are actually seeing. I was five years old when I could tell the cop make and model.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The new SOP of "locking in" plays havoc with attempts to get out of school before that 4th period quiz rolls around.

But what really makes me [more] paranoid is how local LEAs will start reacting after a string of these "Never mind!" reports. Will they risk scaling back to sending just a few officers to take a look-see and wait until there is, if not confirmation, at least more information that supports sending the whole force over there to create traffic jams and parental panic?

(That was a rhetorical question, in case anybody thought otherwise.)

What I forsee is cops building up levels of frustration that lead to feelings of "we have to do something" - which most likely will be an over-reaction to an under-stimulus.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

What I forsee is cops building up levels of frustration that lead to feelings of "we have to do something" - which most likely will be an over-reaction to an under-stimulus.

stay safe.
    That was the general line of thought in my mind on the journey home after you and I exchanged a few text messages last Halloween night.

(If you've forgotten what sparked that exchange ask me to remind you at breakfast this weekend)

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    That was the general line of thought in my mind on the journey home after you and I exchanged a few text messages last Halloween night.

(If you've forgotten what sparked that exchange ask me to remind you at breakfast this weekend)
    Radio & TV reporting shots fired in your AO & cops out looking for a smoking gun. (Literally)

No reports of trick-or-treaters running in panic, but HPD seemed bound and determined to "do something".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit