• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alexandria school locked down

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
One hour ago:
Alexandria Police said:
...The search is beginning to break down. No suspect located...

In other words, this time the guy that had the umbrella is deciding to keep quiet.

speed41ae

From the article;

Police have released a description of the man that the students say they saw. The suspect is described as a black male with a medium complexion, 5'6" to 5'8", medium build with a "belly," with a short black Mohawk style haircut. He was wearing a black shirt, blue pants, black boots and was carrying what appeared to be a long gun.

If he just had a bunch of gold chains around his neck, I would say that B.A. Baracus was running amok in Alexandria. Or that someone was making it up.

davidmcbeth

Banned
From the article;

If he just had a bunch of gold chains around his neck, I would say that B.A. Baracus was running amok in Alexandria. Or that someone was making it up.

"medium build"? What does that mean now, land of the fatties? 300 lbs?

No one could describe the type of gun other than "long gun"? Shows its garbage.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...No one could describe the type of gun other than "long gun"? Shows its garbage.

I was thinking the same. How many students claim to have seen it? It doesn't take very many before someone knows what they are actually seeing. I was five years old when I could tell the cop make and model.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The new SOP of "locking in" plays havoc with attempts to get out of school before that 4th period quiz rolls around.

But what really makes me [more] paranoid is how local LEAs will start reacting after a string of these "Never mind!" reports. Will they risk scaling back to sending just a few officers to take a look-see and wait until there is, if not confirmation, at least more information that supports sending the whole force over there to create traffic jams and parental panic?

(That was a rhetorical question, in case anybody thought otherwise.)

What I forsee is cops building up levels of frustration that lead to feelings of "we have to do something" - which most likely will be an over-reaction to an under-stimulus.

stay safe.

scouser

What I forsee is cops building up levels of frustration that lead to feelings of "we have to do something" - which most likely will be an over-reaction to an under-stimulus.

stay safe.

That was the general line of thought in my mind on the journey home after you and I exchanged a few text messages last Halloween night.

(If you've forgotten what sparked that exchange ask me to remind you at breakfast this weekend)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That was the general line of thought in my mind on the journey home after you and I exchanged a few text messages last Halloween night.

(If you've forgotten what sparked that exchange ask me to remind you at breakfast this weekend)

Radio & TV reporting shots fired in your AO & cops out looking for a smoking gun. (Literally)

No reports of trick-or-treaters running in panic, but HPD seemed bound and determined to "do something".

stay safe.