Thread: Obama ATF forcing gun buyers to declare race, ethnicity. New 4473

Obama ATF forcing gun buyers to declare race, ethnicity. New 4473

With little fanfare, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in 2012 amended its Form 4473 — the transactional record the government requires gun purchasers and sellers to fill out when buying a firearm — to identify buyers as either Hispanic, Latino or not. Then a buyer must check his or her race: Indian, Asian, black, Pacific Islander or white.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ers-to-declar/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Gov't forms can ASK for anything .. that does not mean its mandatory to answer them.

https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/down...f-f-4473-1.pdf new form

http://imgur.com/a/iLqcZ comparison of old v new
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-16-2014 at 09:23 PM.

If I remember correctly, one of the forms I filled out told me to choose which race was mine (then listed races), and also asked specifically whether or not I was Hispanic. They were 2 separate questions. Am I remembering this correctly?
    Last edited by The Truth; 09-17-2014 at 04:14 AM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Gov't forms can ASK for anything .. that does not mean its mandatory to answer them.
    Exactly. Be free! Ignore the box.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    If I remember correctly, one of the forms I filled out told me to choose which race was mine (then listed races), and also asked specifically whether or not I was Hispanic. They were 2 separate questions. Am I remembering this correctly?
    Yes. The first questions is for Ethnicity, which is the question your talking about. The second is for Race, which I always found funny as we're all human.
    Last edited by Arin Morris; 09-17-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    Yes. The first questions is for Ethnicity, which is the question your talking about. The second is for Race, which I always found funny as we're all human.
    I always thought "race" was to indicate what race you were best at .. sack race, egg race, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I always thought "race" was to indicate what race you were best at .. sack race, egg race, etc.
    Uhh, no. It's the race that begins with "All men are created equal," dependent and stupid. From there we race to the top.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Geez, they might as well ask for a persons SSN!

Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Geez, they might as well ask for a persons SSN!

Oh, wait...
    You're not required to provide your SSN, but I don't know what other questions may not be mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    You're not required to provide your SSN, but I don't know what other questions may not be mandatory.
    I already knew that providing an SSN wasn't mandatory, hence the, "Oh, wait..."

Apologies for the lack of snark translation via written word. Not your fault; purely on me for trying to communicate while on only my first cup of coffee for the morning.

Like you, I too am not sure which other questions are mandatory.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Uhh, no. It's the race that begins with "All men are created equal," dependent and stupid. From there we race to the top.
    Well,,, NO!!! that is not it...

"Stupidity is Not a race,,,, EVERYBODY can win!!!"
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!