• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What happened to Armed Badger.com?

Franky

Hopefully Armed Badger will return online for those interested in reviewing the real reason ww was kicked to the curb by the owner about two weeks after joining.

The owner of Armed Badger is not anti OC which can be substantiated by researching his forum.

phleye

Hopefully Armed Badger will return online for those interested in reviewing the real reason ww was kicked to the curb by the owner about two weeks after joining.

The owner of Armed Badger is not anti OC which can be substantiated by researching his forum.

Armed Badger it still up. You think he's not anti OC!?!?!? Here's just one of his comments....Does it sound like he's "pro" OC?????

"The result of these Open Carry events have damaged my 2nd Amendment rights.

Whether the Open Carry group had "pre-arranged permission from that store" or "there were two police officers in that Chipotle eating just 4 feet away from the two guys when they posed for a picture".

The result is the same. Under pressure from the gun hating crowd, the chain issues a letter asking us not to bring guns into their businesses. These Open Carry events do absolutely nothing to educate the public, promote gun safety, or strengthen our Constitutional rights.

To the contrary, they are detrimental to education, safety and my 2nd Amendment rights.

I agree, Open Carry seldom scares anyone. But these Open Carry events scare the **** out of the Soccer Moms and general public. I'm old. Except for Deer Gun Season in Wisconsin, I don't think I've ever encountered a group of men with long guns strapped to their backs in a public setting.

If I'm sitting in McDonnalds and I saw a group of men exit their cars and start to uncase rifles from their car trunk, I would become highly alarmed. I would be foolish not to be alarmed. I'm quite sure most of us would be highly alarmed.

The problem I have is the tendency of Pro Gun groups to equate these events with normal Open Carry. The only similarity I see is that both actions are protected by our Constitution. Normal Open Carry is a form of Self Defense. In my humble opinion, these Open Carry events are a form of Self Promotion.

Ask yourself how these Open Carry events have helped educate the public, promoted gun safety or strengthened our 2nd Amendment rights. This is not an Open Carry issue. This is an issue of a small group of people who wish to demonstrate while carrying long guns under the cloak of our 2nd Amendment."

Franky

LOL, the owner has an OC discussion forum within Armed Badger. Perhaps the owner swatted the fly along with ww.

Franky

Armed Badger it still up. You think he's not anti OC!?!?!? Here's just one of his comments....Does it sound like he's "pro" OC?????

"The result of these Open Carry events have damaged my 2nd Amendment rights.

Whether the Open Carry group had "pre-arranged permission from that store" or "there were two police officers in that Chipotle eating just 4 feet away from the two guys when they posed for a picture".

The result is the same. Under pressure from the gun hating crowd, the chain issues a letter asking us not to bring guns into their businesses. These Open Carry events do absolutely nothing to educate the public, promote gun safety, or strengthen our Constitutional rights.

To the contrary, they are detrimental to education, safety and my 2nd Amendment rights.

I agree, Open Carry seldom scares anyone. But these Open Carry events scare the **** out of the Soccer Moms and general public. I'm old. Except for Deer Gun Season in Wisconsin, I don't think I've ever encountered a group of men with long guns strapped to their backs in a public setting.

If I'm sitting in McDonnalds and I saw a group of men exit their cars and start to uncase rifles from their car trunk, I would become highly alarmed. I would be foolish not to be alarmed. I'm quite sure most of us would be highly alarmed.

The problem I have is the tendency of Pro Gun groups to equate these events with normal Open Carry. The only similarity I see is that both actions are protected by our Constitution. Normal Open Carry is a form of Self Defense. In my humble opinion, these Open Carry events are a form of Self Promotion.

Ask yourself how these Open Carry events have helped educate the public, promoted gun safety or strengthened our 2nd Amendment rights. This is not an Open Carry issue. This is an issue of a small group of people who wish to demonstrate while carrying long guns under the cloak of our 2nd Amendment."

Spin, spin and more spin. Your quotes from the owner were from incidents involving a weapon not discussable on OCDO. However, there are threads addressing those incidents on OCDO and the actors involved were mostly condemned by the members here for their actions.

wimwag

Scott told me several times about open carry being a detrimental to our rights. I presented a few examples of how open carry has helped and he banned me while accusing me of being a felon.

ksks

Request from OP.

This has gotten way off topic. How about we let the thread die...

phleye

Spin, spin and more spin. Your quotes from the owner were from incidents involving a weapon not discussable on OCDO. However, there are threads addressing those incidents on OCDO and the actors involved were mostly condemned by the members here for their actions.

No they aren't. They are from this topic. Post #3
http://www.armedbadger.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6609

OK. Now I'll let it die :)

Last edited:

Deadscott

I fully support Open Carry. I believe what and how we carry is a very personal choice. I would never presume to advise people on how to carry their self defense weapon.

With that said, I disagree with Open Carry demonstrations. The results of these events have been detrimental.

Within the pro 2nd Amendment community, we seem to be having trouble differentiating Open Carry from Open Carry demonstrations. In my humble opinion, they are completely different.

Scott

wimwag

I fully support Open Carry. I believe what and how we carry is a very personal choice. I would never presume to advise people on how to carry their self defense weapon.

With that said, I disagree with Open Carry demonstrations. The results of these events have been detrimental.

Within the pro 2nd Amendment community, we seem to be having trouble differentiating Open Carry from Open Carry demonstrations. In my humble opinion, they are completely different.

Scott

Lol and there it is. "I fully support open carry BUT"

You're clearly retarded. You advised me over and over again on how to carry mine. Thanks for "supporting" your own civil rights.

scott on the 1st amendment: "Obama..
Never mind."

Scott on the 2nd Amendment: "I fully support the second amendment BUT"

Scott on the 3rd Amendment: "please, take over my home and eat my food."

Scott on the 4th amendment: "here's my expensive firearm. Would you like some money from my wallet?"

Scott on the 5th amendment: "I'll tell you everything in the hope we can be friends!"

You're worse than the antis.

wimwag

I clicked link.... He clearly mentions long guns in his post. He seems to be referring to long gun oc .

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Who cares? Long gun, handgun, derringer, spear...a right is a right. The right to bear arms...not...the right to bear arms but only handguns and not long guns because somebody might not like that.

Primus

Who cares? Long gun, handgun, derringer, spear...a right is a right. The right to bear arms...not...the right to bear arms but only handguns and not long guns because somebody might not like that.
Well anyone who wants he truth cares. You presented it as " he hates OC" or something to that affect. Well that's a a half truth a best. It'd be accurate to say he hates "long gun oc" according to that post it seems. Just like a lot of other guys on here do.

wimwag

Well anyone who wants he truth cares. You presented it as " he hates OC" or something to that affect. Well that's a a half truth a best. It'd be accurate to say he hates "long gun oc" according to that post it seems. Just like a lot of other guys on here do.

He also hates handgun OC. Just like you hate anyone who challenges any police officer. You don't have to say it outright for everyone to know what you mean.

JoeSparky

Centurion
As DeadScott said---

Scott

He also hates handgun OC. Just like you hate anyone who challenges any police officer. You don't have to say it outright for everyone to know what you mean.

Actually, I understood the poster quite clearly. He fully supports the RIGHT to OC! Just NOT WHEN ONE DOES IT as that is a DEMONSTRATION!:banghead::banghead::shocker:

Last edited:

Primus

How thee wounds me with thy false accusations.

I wasn't aware esp was so strong in these here parts.... Lol

You can challenge any and every police officeR you want. Have at it. But you start painting with that large brush and then you look like an idiot. And when posting on here speaking for "freedom minded" individuals or ocers or whoever else.... Then you take everyone down with you.

Have you ever wondered why there's a rule against that kind of thing? Probably because the owners of the website realize how stupid and bad it looks. Just a thought....

I wish there was a kiss face. :p