Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: St Louis MO Delmar Loop and The Pageant

  1. #1
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109

    Question St Louis MO Delmar Loop and The Pageant

    Tonight Im headed down to the Delmar Loop and eventually to The Pageant with some friends.

    I understand this area is not a war zone but its not exactly crime free.

    I HATE going anywhere unarmed, ESPECIALLY, downtown St Louis City.

    Any one have any experience and advice for conceal carry in this area and into The Pageant?
    Last edited by Jaysann22; 09-18-2014 at 04:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    SEARCHING - The Pageant reserves the right to search anyone, and their belongings, who enters the premises. In addition, The Pageant reserves the right to determine, on a case by case basis, which items are not permitted to be on premises.

    WEAPONS
    - The possession of all firearms and other weapons (including concealed firearms) on our premises is strictly prohibited.

    http://www.thepageant.com/info.aspx
    Seems you are SOL regarding The Pageant. I avoid anywhere east of the Big Muddy like the plague.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    My experience at the Pageant was about one month ago, it included a pat down by an unskilled security lady (there were several so results will likely vary) and my SOG was not to be allowed which I returned to the car and put it away. I am sure that anything in pockets would have been noted and perhaps questioned depending upon feel. I did not see anyone patted below the knee, quick scans of ladies pocket books and no frontal chest pat down of ladies or men.

    No metal detection equipment was employed.

    It did not feel good knowing that while attempting to check for weapons the procedure was so lame anyone seeking to circumvent it could with ease, more or less any deep cover CCW method would surpass the procedures.

    Knowing this, one should consider the options and move forward as they see fit, but do not for one second think that the procedures they employ will increase your security and I would recommend due diligence in your own methods I did.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Seems you are SOL regarding The Pageant. I avoid anywhere east of the Big Muddy like the plague.
    Pagent is in University City, Delmar and Skinker within STL county.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  5. #5
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Seems you are SOL regarding The Pageant. I avoid anywhere east of the Big Muddy like the plague.
    Thanks brother for your input. Ive been to other places too who do random searches and prohibit firearms and I made it past their security just fine. And that seriously concerns me considering if a good guy like me can get by security, what happens if a mass murderer wants a blood bath? It will be a piece of cake and fish in a barrel.

    And im not going out like that. I have my family. My wife and daughter. My girls depend on me.

    So does anyone have experience with that area or dealing locally with its authorities?

    Im thinking that the worst issue Ill face is being asked to disarm or leave.

    All thoughts, ideas, or advice are very welcome

  6. #6
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    My experience at the Pageant was about one month ago, it included a pat down by an unskilled security lady (there were several so results will likely vary) and my SOG was not to be allowed which I returned to the car and put it away. I am sure that anything in pockets would have been noted and perhaps questioned depending upon feel. I did not see anyone patted below the knee, quick scans of ladies pocket books and no frontal chest pat down of ladies or men.

    No metal detection equipment was employed.

    It did not feel good knowing that while attempting to check for weapons the procedure was so lame anyone seeking to circumvent it could with ease, more or less any deep cover CCW method would surpass the procedures.

    Knowing this, one should consider the options and move forward as they see fit, but do not for one second think that the procedures they employ will increase your security and I would recommend due diligence in your own methods I did.

    Thank you so much LMTD. That was an excellent and thorough reply. Very helpful. It seriously helps realize my options with your information on their tactics and equipment. It definitely helps me formulate a strategy. I am thinking about carrying my 40cal compact inside my pants on the belt, within the small of my back. I dont have a leg strap holster so Im not sure how I could carry on my leg below the knee.... Did they lift your shirt at all?

    Ideas or other plausible strategy?
    Last edited by Jaysann22; 09-18-2014 at 12:33 PM.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    What are the notification laws in MO?

    For instance, in Ohio, conspicuously posted prohibitive signage that one knowingly ignores can get one in hot water. In KY, one must be asked to leave personally - signage is not considered "notice".
    Last edited by BB62; 09-18-2014 at 03:29 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    What are the notification laws in MO?

    For instance, in Ohio, conspicuously posted prohibitive signage that one knowingly ignores can get one in hot water. In KY, one must be asked to leave personally - signage is not considered "notice".
    Most places of entertainment like The Pageant or Wehrenberg Movie Theaters are improperly displaying a "No Firearms" sign anyway...

    And from what I understand from MO State law is that its not illegal to CCW into a business that prohibits firearms.

    Most businesses will simply ask you to disarm or leave the premises and if you refuse to do so, they can call the police and most likely just slap you with a trespassing charge.

    And whether the sign is conspicuous or not, one can always employ plausible deniability.
    Last edited by Jaysann22; 09-18-2014 at 04:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    If it is on the belt line I would offer it may be found. Deep crotch carry like smart carry or thunderwear with it in front will likely get past the half pat but I think small of the back is going to be noticed.

    Likely result. hard to say but likely a go put it in your car, worst case a refusal of entry completely.

    Wear boots, put arm in boot, post entry replace arm into holster in low back in stall in restroom.

    Signs carry no legal merit if you leave when asked if discovered, it is not even an infraction. If you refuse after the police arrive it remains a non-issue but can result in a 35 dollar fine despite not being an infraction if I recall correctly. trust and believe if I am wrong someone will chime in and note it
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •