Thread: Get ready for Palmer II

Regular Member California Right To Carry's Avatar
    United States

Get ready for Palmer II

If you read the two claims for relief and the prayer for relief from Gura's Complaint filed back in 2009 you might notice that Gura got what he asked for in the Complaint which was an injunction against the ban on carrying a handgun in public and the registration requirement for non-residents.

Gura's ask for an order to issue licenses was in the "alternative" to issuing injunctions. Gura got the injunctions.

Technically this case could be closed with the new may-issue law without any of the defendants obtaining a permit.

Regardless, a new complaint will need to be filed which means the whole process starts anew.
    Last edited by California Right To Carry; 09-18-2014 at 10:39 AM.

North Carolina

KY Jelly?

Another case of getting bent over compromising. Will Palmer get a kiss from them before being taken care of is the next question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

earth's crust
    Alternate pleading is acceptable. Now they will have to exhaust their administrative remedies and file an administrative appeal?

Now, that's a fix !