• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police seek shooting suspect at Sky Harbor airport

waskel

You wouldn't think a shirtless man with dreads would be that hard to find in an airport, regardless of his color...

FreeInAZ

You wouldn't think a shirtless man with dreads would be that hard to find in an airport, regardless of his color...

When the words Airport & security are brought up, I puke a little in my mouth! That is the very definition of a oxymoron. Oh don't worry, the UNARMED TSA will save your buttocks in the event of a lunatic(s) rampaging across a terminal. Right? The police chased a armed gas station robber to the airport, then lost him for a while, no biggie, no need for the public to be armed, right?

Sarcasm off now.

A family member had just boarded her flight when they started locking down terminal 4, she got lucky and her flight took off just before all the delays started piling up. Maybe people who do chose to take a gun to the airport for protection while going about their business aren't so crazy after all?

Last edited:

PeterNSteinmetz

Think of the damage a criminal bent on destruction could inflict at the airport given that most everyone is unarmed. Just run past the TSA and you have a bunch of unarmed potential victims as well as planes and plane-loads of people , all almost assuredly unarmed.

FreeInAZ

But the shooter at LAX didn't end up doing too much damage, thank goodness. It could have been MUCH worse.

Yep! A lot of people were very lucky on that day. I think this was more a suicide by cop incident. Had the LAX shooter been intent on inflicting a huge body count, as most loons are, it could have been really bad, thank goodness it wasn't.