• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge Fred Bonner, Seattle Municiple court, said that Washington is NOT an OC state.

Freedom1Man

During sentencing today, for the trespassing in the Washington Convention center, I was told that I cannot open carry a pistol as part of my sentence. I can still conceal carry, so long as I have a permit to do so.

My attorney objected stating that Washington is an open carry state, the judge stated that Washington is NOT an open carry state and that the statute (law) clearly stated that.

I am floored, flabbergasted, and shocked at the level of stupidity that this judge had displayed.

Also, there is a 5000 bond for a stay of sentencing in my case.

Last edited:

Alpine

Wow that's nuts. Someone may want to send that judge the all the previous Appellate decisions on it as well as the myriad Police Department training bulletins...

massivedesign

During sentencing today, for the trespassing in the Washington Convention center, I was told that I cannot open carry a pistol as part of my sentence. I can still conceal carry, so long as I have a permit to do so.

My attorney objected stating that Washington is an open carry state, the judge stated that Washington is NOT an open carry state and that the state clearly stated that.

I am floored, flabbergasted, and shocked at the level of stupidity that this judge had displayed.

:shocker::shocker:

I take it you are going to appeal it?

rightwinglibertarian

My attorney objected stating that Washington is an open carry state, the judge stated that Washington is NOT an open carry state and that the state clearly stated that.

pfffttt you can carry where and how you like in a court. Public building. Either he's ignorant or he deliberately lied to you. Both of which debar him from being a judge. How did you get trespassed?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Looks like you have to file a motion for reconsideration where you can hand the idiot the law, but beware-he'll likely still ignore it.

Unfortunately, you had a case heard by commie.

I'll assume that the judge knows his ruling is incorrect but also knows that the likelihood of you appealing it is low just due to the cost.

Will this effect your permit?

People in robs, sorry robes-slip of the tongue, tend to ignore the law when it suits them. I've had a judge tell me that he thought I presented evidence and argument enough to win my case but that he was still going to rule against me. Judges? Don't trust 'em, they are not designed to seek out truth, they on the whole don't have very high intelligence, and they know where to butter their toast.

Of course, all mine have been non-criminal cases ... a huge difference. You must really be pissed.

Time to get ready for this judge's re-election and try to get him off the bench this way.

So a judge told you that you cannot OC ... you gonna OC anyways?

Freedom1Man

:shocker::shocker:

I take it you are going to appeal it?

Yes the public defender is going to go through the appeal for me. He was ready to appeal at almost the start of the trial the judge was so bad then even.

Looks like you have to file a motion for reconsideration where you can hand the idiot the law, but beware-he'll likely still ignore it.

Unfortunately, you had a case heard by commie.

I'll assume that the judge knows his ruling is incorrect but also knows that the likelihood of you appealing it is low just due to the cost.

Will this effect your permit?
No, he said that I can CC only so long as I have a CPL.

He also said that if I pay the 5k for my stay of sentencing I can OC pending the outcome of the appeal.

My GF, who if she had not heard the judge say those things, pointed out that if OC was illegal then there would be no need for a court order to not do so.
No kidding. This guy is one of the most overturned judges in the state from what my GF pulled up.

People in robs, sorry robes-slip of the tongue, tend to ignore the law when it suits them. I've had a judge tell me that he thought I presented evidence and argument enough to win my case but that he was still going to rule against me. Judges? Don't trust 'em, they are not designed to seek out truth, they on the whole don't have very high intelligence, and they know where to butter their toast.

Of course, all mine have been non-criminal cases ... a huge difference. You must really be pissed.

Time to get ready for this judge's re-election and try to get him off the bench this way.

So a judge told you that you cannot OC ... you gonna OC anyways?

And yes, I am really irritated. I have 80 hours of community service to do in 45 days or 10 days in jail or 5k bond/bail to have a stay of sentencing.

IDK, if I will OC for now or not, it's a rather difficult situation to be in. I've been arrested for OC in the past. etc etc.

This same judge is the one who wrote the procedures for pistol lock up in that court house. They 'require' ID and a CPL to lock up while visiting. I told them that no CPL was required to OC and that there was no law requiring me to carry ID. "Well how are we going to make sure that you get your pistol(s) back if you don't have ID?" They don't even check your ID, even if you used to to lock up, to return it to you in the first place, so I know that they are liars.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

$5000 or 10 days without work? No brainer for me. I need a break from work and I sure as heck don't make $5000 in 10 days. Too bad I couldn't go on "vacation" for you.

Grim_Night

$5000 or 10 days without work? No brainer for me. I need a break from work and I sure as heck don't make $5000 in 10 days. Too bad I couldn't go on "vacation" for you.

The problem with this is similar to my issue. Say he goes to jail but he files his appeal and his case is overturned on appeal. What now? He has now served time in jail and/or paid whatever fine imposed and then the case is overturned/dismissed on appeal. For what? He gets punished for doing nothing wrong in the eyes of the higher courts.

This is just one flaw in our court system. People are forced to pay/do time even if they are eventually found not guilty or the case is dismissed.

cjohnson44546

I dont understand how it can be CC only there.

It specifically says someone with a CPL can have a gun... it doesn't say concealed.

The law for a CPL does not say CC is required with a CPL, just that it allows it to be done...

Does the prosecutor and judge have mental issues?

Freedom1Man

I dont understand how it can be CC only there.

It specifically says someone with a CPL can have a gun... it doesn't say concealed.

The law for a CPL does not say CC is required with a CPL, just that it allows it to be done...

Does the prosecutor and judge have mental issues?

I believe so. Judge Hightower was the first judge to say that it was CC only and then Bonner backed it up. The persecutor could not even figure out the trespassing charge in the beginning. I believe I linked to a video of Hightower talking about, white male privilege.

Freedom1Man

It's a 5000 bond that, in theory would be returned to at the end of the appeal process. The no OC would be on top of the 10 days in jail or 80 hours of community service.

I considered the 10days in place of the 80hrs but the GF told me a flat out "NO!" on that issue. I was informed by my other half that 10 days in lock up is not an option as long as I am with her.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It's a 5000 bond that, in theory would be returned to at the end of the appeal process. The no OC would be on top of the 10 days in jail or 80 hours of community service.

I considered the 10days in place of the 80hrs but the GF told me a flat out "NO!" on that issue. I was informed by my other half that 10 days in lock up is not an option as long as I am with her.

I would have chosen the 10 days...get all that free medical, food and housing....

The GF thinks you will cheat on her ? lol