Thread: Montville, N.J. Plan Would Allow Searches Without Warrants For Underage Drinking

White Oak Plantation

Montville, N.J. Plan Would Allow Searches Without Warrants For Underage Drinking

MONTVILLE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) A proposed ordinance in Montville, New Jersey could give police officers broad powers including entering private property if underage drinking is even suspected.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

earth's crust
    Time for folks in NJ to start looking at and start issuing out notices of trespass ...

Boone County, KY

Montville NJ cannot supersede the Fourth amendment

Montville NJ cannot supersede the Fourth amendment, the ACLU would be all over this. Nevertheless I passed on this passed on this piece of information to the NJ Gun Forums. It's good to publicize these proposals despite that they (probably) won't go anywhere. If anything it shows the intention of the powers that be and how little they value our rights.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    unfortunately the 4th amendment bends with the wind of social acceptance of what is an "unreasonable search"

we have to think about the children
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Only NJ would ever consider such a violation of the Constitution. Soon I will be gone from this vile Unconstitutional State.

Delaware here I come....

Last edited by countryclubjoe; 09-24-2014 at 11:37 PM.
    " What is done unto anyone may be done unto everyone" John Lilburne

North Carolina
    Will they be using SWAT to enter these homes? Some kid might puke on them, so SWAT, then HAZMAT.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-16-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."