• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Montville, N.J. Plan Would Allow Searches Without Warrants For Underage Drinking

OC for ME

MONTVILLE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A proposed ordinance in Montville, New Jersey could give police officers broad powers – including entering private property – if underage drinking is even suspected.
Typical.

Midwest

Montville NJ cannot supersede the Fourth amendment

Montville NJ cannot supersede the Fourth amendment, the ACLU would be all over this. Nevertheless I passed on this passed on this piece of information to the NJ Gun Forums. It's good to publicize these proposals despite that they (probably) won't go anywhere. If anything it shows the intention of the powers that be and how little they value our rights.

twoskinsonemanns

unfortunately the 4th amendment bends with the wind of social acceptance of what is an "unreasonable search"

we have to think about the children

countryclubjoe

Only NJ would ever consider such a violation of the Constitution. Soon I will be gone from this vile Unconstitutional State.

Delaware here I come....

Regards

CCJ

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Will they be using SWAT to enter these homes? Some kid might puke on them, so SWAT, then HAZMAT. :rolleyes:

Last edited: