Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: A funny pic of cop -- "stop resisting" OH. Rice gets booted fro NFL, this guy: medal

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    A funny pic of cop -- "stop resisting" OH. Rice gets booted fro NFL, this guy: medal

    http://www.komonews.com/news/nationa...274835041.html

    I just found the whole story comical (sadly comical) ...

    "The investigator says Pinnock suffered no signs of physical injury" ... I assume that the investigator is blind?

    "The CHP has forwarded its excessive force investigation to prosecutors for potentially serious charges."... ROFL..we all believe that will happen...what investigation? Look at video and then arrest (10 seconds needed)

    "An investigator says a California Highway Patrol officer videotaped repeatedly punching a woman" ... well I hope the investigator has a video to back up his claims !

    "51-year-old Marlene Pinnock's" ... yes, a 51 year old female beating ... vs a steroid cretin ...


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnpT6GLk6a0

    Vid ^^

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

    Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

    Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-21-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

    Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

    Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.
    Most of them probably have some sort of PTSD from their upbringing in regards to authority.

    IMO
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  4. #4
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

    Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

    Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.
    People are tired of draconian laws and demeaning treatment by the gestapo.
    Reminds me of those Texas road side anal and vaginal cavity searches inflicted on women after they were pulled over for throwing a cigarette out the window.
    If I'm gonna be sexually assaulted on the side of the road by these nazi scum it will have to be after I've had my head bashed in or shot to death.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,731
    As long police chiefs, prosecutors, courts and their rank and file protect the bad cops these kinds of incidences will continue on a regular basis.
    And lets not forget the police unions.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Most of them probably have some sort of PTSD from their upbringing in regards to authority.

    IMO
    Do not confuse psychopathic tendencies with PTSD.

    If you would like to see PTSD in action, check me out at the pig roast.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    ALL people should be held accountable for violent acts, that includes police. There will be no trust in the police until this happens.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Still dont understand how david could Title this "A funny pic of cop"!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  9. #9
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Still dont understand how david could Title this "A funny pic of cop"!
    Or where the medal is, my understanding is there may be criminal charges filed against the officer. I won't hold my breath, they have had plenty of time to charge him.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    IIRC, legally-speaking "mere words" said to someone -- no matter WHAT they are, even racial slurs -- are NO valid reason to respond physically to those words, regardless of how provoking/insulting they are. Legally speaking, they are "just words" and as the judges say so "no harm done" to you physically, so no reason to physically respond (so where does Verbal Assault come in I wonder).

    But it real life, out on the street, "mere words" OFTEN get a physical response...from "some people" more than others, as it's a typical response from them. And often, it doesn't even take words: I recall back in TX, in the Greater Houston Metroplex area, if you even LOOKED at "some people" too long, or if they thought you were looking at them "wrong" they were ready to fight you. They'd be in-your-face pressing you while they called you every name under the sun. How SANE is that? It isn't, but it's reality in many places , especially "disadvantaged areas" of cities/towns.

    Lots of people out there with attitudes and waiting to go off on someone...

    So although "the law" (which is never there to REALLY protect you on the street when you NEED protection -- if you're not carrying your OWN protection, that is during an "incident") will hold accountable someone physically assaulting another who uses "mere words," out there on the street you'd BETTER be prepared for people assaulting you for "mere words" or for ANY reason, even NO reason -- with all the mental-case people out there on the streets nowadays.

    I'm just saying in the "civilized" atmosphere of the courtroom -- when one is hauled-in there under assault charges -- ONE thing goes, but out there on the street, it's entirely the uncivilized opposite.

    As for incidents with cops, I'd say MOST of them show great restraint not busting some belligerent obscenity-using name-calling loud-mouth's teeth out. Just look at the trash in prisons, how they talk to the staff (AND what they DO to them). NONE of the guards/staff should have to tolerate ANY of that crap. For evey one of them in prison, a hundred more exactly like them (trash) are out there on the street...and eventually, will meet Mr. Policeman (or US even). What happens then? As I said, I can guess...

    I'm certainly not defending cops that go off on someone for no or little reason. OF COURSE they should be disciplined or fired! But most cops do NOT do that -- they take the "mere words." And as cops will tell you, MOST people TALK their way into going to jail...

    Still, when a cop is on the receiving end of trash-talk (by "experts" mind you) then I'd say it's pretty hard to remain "civilized" and personally, I can't blame them for reacting. Only a "robo-cop" (I guess) would be free of that emotion to react.

    PLENTY of people nowadays (since Day One really) can't behave without being FORCED to, and since they NEVER learn, force continuously needs to be applied. By someone. By the cops usually, but also perhaps by you and I, when they meet US in some sort of "incident."

    Whose fault is that?
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-21-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    I fail to see what any of that has to do with this case. The officer was clearly an abusive SOB, it anybody deserved to have the poop knocked out of them it was him.

    And if you really believe that words that are not threats are an invitation to violence you should not own a firearm, let alone carry.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    I was watching an episode of Drugs, Inc. on Netflix the other day and DEA sting op guys caught a crack dealer. They tackled him, pinned him down, and when he wouldn't stop squirming, they beat the sh!t out of him while he was pinned down. A solid beatdown, like 5 or 6 good ones to the face and 4 or 5 to the ribs, all while pinned on the ground. I couldn't believe they actually showed this footage on a Netflix documentary, because the documentary wasn't about police brutality - it was just about drugs.

    I actually had to sit back and think about what I had just seen. On one hand, the crack dealer is a scumbag. Who cares if he gets his ass kicked? On the other hand, he is still a human, so it was still a little off-putting. It was kinda like watching WorldStar videos where a guy talks crap to another guy for 3 minutes, then he finally gets laid out and instead of feeling good about what you just watched, you just feel this empty weird feeling.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  13. #13
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I was watching an episode of Drugs, Inc. on Netflix the other day and DEA sting op guys caught a crack dealer. They tackled him, pinned him down, and when he wouldn't stop squirming, they beat the sh!t out of him while he was pinned down. A solid beatdown, like 5 or 6 good ones to the face and 4 or 5 to the ribs, all while pinned on the ground. I couldn't believe they actually showed this footage on a Netflix documentary, because the documentary wasn't about police brutality - it was just about drugs.

    I actually had to sit back and think about what I had just seen. On one hand, the crack dealer is a scumbag. Who cares if he gets his ass kicked? On the other hand, he is still a human, so it was still a little off-putting. It was kinda like watching WorldStar videos where a guy talks crap to another guy for 3 minutes, then he finally gets laid out and instead of feeling good about what you just watched, you just feel this empty weird feeling.
    The problem is so much of the public has been conditioned to this, and as long as it is not them, they make excuses. Especially if the victim is black.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  14. #14
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I was watching an episode of Drugs, Inc. on Netflix the other day and DEA sting op guys caught a crack dealer. They tackled him, pinned him down, and when he wouldn't stop squirming, they beat the sh!t out of him while he was pinned down. A solid beatdown, like 5 or 6 good ones to the face and 4 or 5 to the ribs, all while pinned on the ground. I couldn't believe they actually showed this footage on a Netflix documentary, because the documentary wasn't about police brutality - it was just about drugs.

    I actually had to sit back and think about what I had just seen. On one hand, the crack dealer is a scumbag. Who cares if he gets his ass kicked? On the other hand, he is still a human, so it was still a little off-putting. It was kinda like watching WorldStar videos where a guy talks crap to another guy for 3 minutes, then he finally gets laid out and instead of feeling good about what you just watched, you just feel this empty weird feeling.
    Drugs are bad...mm'kay?
    Pretty much anything goes as long as it's in the name of the drug war.
    What was it last predicted to be?.... 80,000 swat team missions a year in the US...
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  15. #15
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Is it possible the OP's use of the word "funny" was to be taken as "strange" instead of "ha,ha"?

    I am reminded of the one my dearly departed father shared with me in the late 1960's right after Russia had invaded Czechoslovakia---

    One Russian soldier turns to another and says, "They're fighting back, that is aggression, isn't it?"
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 09-21-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  16. #16
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The problem is so much of the public has been conditioned to this, and as long as it is not them, they make excuses. Especially if the victim is black.
    +1

    No due process unless its for themselves.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

    Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

    Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.
    You would have made a good death camp guard.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    Thanks...and you would make a good inmate.

    :-)

    За родину!
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-22-2014 at 03:17 AM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  19. #19
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    IIRC, legally-speaking "mere words" said to someone -- no matter WHAT they are, even racial slurs -- are NO valid reason to respond physically to those words, regardless of how provoking/insulting they are. Legally speaking, they are "just words" and as the judges say so "no harm done" to you physically, so no reason to physically respond (so where does Verbal Assault come in I wonder).

    But it real life, out on the street, "mere words" OFTEN get a physical response...from "some people" more than others, as it's a typical response from them. And often, it doesn't even take words: I recall back in TX, in the Greater Houston Metroplex area, if you even LOOKED at "some people" too long, or if they thought you were looking at them "wrong" they were ready to fight you. They'd be in-your-face pressing you while they called you every name under the sun. How SANE is that? It isn't, but it's reality in many places , especially "disadvantaged areas" of cities/towns.

    Lots of people out there with attitudes and waiting to go off on someone...

    So although "the law" (which is never there to REALLY protect you on the street when you NEED protection -- if you're not carrying your OWN protection, that is during an "incident") will hold accountable someone physically assaulting another who uses "mere words," out there on the street you'd BETTER be prepared for people assaulting you for "mere words" or for ANY reason, even NO reason -- with all the mental-case people out there on the streets nowadays.

    I'm just saying in the "civilized" atmosphere of the courtroom -- when one is hauled-in there under assault charges -- ONE thing goes, but out there on the street, it's entirely the uncivilized opposite.

    As for incidents with cops, I'd say MOST of them show great restraint not busting some belligerent obscenity-using name-calling loud-mouth's teeth out. Just look at the trash in prisons, how they talk to the staff (AND what they DO to them). NONE of the guards/staff should have to tolerate ANY of that crap. For evey one of them in prison, a hundred more exactly like them (trash) are out there on the street...and eventually, will meet Mr. Policeman (or US even). What happens then? As I said, I can guess...

    I'm certainly not defending cops that go off on someone for no or little reason. OF COURSE they should be disciplined or fired! But most cops do NOT do that -- they take the "mere words." And as cops will tell you, MOST people TALK their way into going to jail...

    Still, when a cop is on the receiving end of trash-talk (by "experts" mind you) then I'd say it's pretty hard to remain "civilized" and personally, I can't blame them for reacting. Only a "robo-cop" (I guess) would be free of that emotion to react.

    PLENTY of people nowadays (since Day One really) can't behave without being FORCED to, and since they NEVER learn, force continuously needs to be applied. By someone. By the cops usually, but also perhaps by you and I, when they meet US in some sort of "incident."




    Whose fault is that?
    you can not be "FORCED" to do any thing. how you react is your choice. you will react professionally, and take it non personally. or you will find employment some where else.
    just because someone does not bow and scrape to you. does not give you the right to go taliban on them. your prisoner is your responsibility, you are responsabile for their safety
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  20. #20
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    IIRC, legally-speaking "mere words" said to someone -- no matter WHAT they are, even racial slurs -- are NO valid reason to respond physically to those words, regardless of how provoking/insulting they are. Legally speaking, they are "just words" and as the judges say so "no harm done" to you physically, so no reason to physically respond (so where does Verbal Assault come in I wonder).

    But it real life, out on the street, "mere words" OFTEN get a physical response...
    Well...
    SECTION 210.210: PEACE DISTURBANCE

    A person commits the offense of peace disturbance if:
    1. He/she unreasonably and knowingly disturbs or alarms another person or persons by:
    a. Loud noise;
    b. Offensive language addressed in a face-to-face manner to a specific individual and uttered under circumstances which are likely to produce an immediate violent response from a reasonable recipient;
    c. Threatening to commit a felonious act against any person under circumstances which are likely to cause a reasonable person to fear that such threat may be carried out;
    d. Fighting; or
    e. Creating a noxious and offensive odor.
    2. He/she is in a public place or on private property of another without consent and purposely causes inconvenience to another person or persons by unreasonably and physically obstructing:
    a. Vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or
    b. The free ingress or egress to or from a public or private place.
    This is how cops get away with putting a beat-down on those who hurt their "wittle feewings" by talking mean to them. No cop, who witnesses such a beat-down, will intercede on the behalf of the disrespectful citizen. Nope that cop will at a minimum stand back and secure the area, he may even call a supervisor.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well...This is how cops get away with putting a beat-down on those who hurt their "wittle feewings" by talking mean to them. No cop, who witnesses such a beat-down, will intercede on the behalf of the disrespectful citizen. Nope that cop will at a minimum stand back and secure the area, he may even call a supervisor.
    So you admit that they're not worthy of respect?

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran Running Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Corner of No and Where
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

    Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

    Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.
    I'll bet there were plenty of people in germany that said the same things about the nazis and gestapo . . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

    No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

  23. #23
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    You would have made a good death camp guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Thanks...and you would make a good inmate.

    :-)

    За родину!
    great shatner's ghost!
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

    Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

    Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.
    You're Russian, aren't you?

  25. #25
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    You're Russian, aren't you?
    Now wait a minute marshaul, she clearly was resisting blows to the head by covering her head with her arms. (sarcasm)
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •