• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry at Kwik trip last evening

Firearms Iinstuctor

I was heading back home from a hard day of bear hunting with hounds. The bears were not cooperating and decided it was the best to stay in the very wet swamps and not run up ay trees.

Needless to say I was muddy wet and dressed for hunting, dog leashes, radio, camo and brush pants.

I carry my 7.5 inch stainless 44 Red hawk in a left side cross draw one of those small hard to see revolvers mostly showing to the front.

The wife informs me that I was coming through down I needed to stop at Kwik trip and pick up some things.

I walk in to the store no one says a thing I say hi to a couple of people I know an get my items and go up the counter to check out. There is a new clerk there I haven't seen before.

The clerk eyes got really big and he had a strange look on his face as I walked up. I lay items on the counter to check out ask him how his evenings going and to punch my milk card.

We finish our transaction He says see you next time I tell him have a nice evening and walk out.

Just another fine day living in the north woods.

Last edited:

Yetiman

I'm waiting for the Quick Trip in Oconto to open. It looked like they were going to be up and running in about two weeks when they started building it.

pkbites

I'm waiting for the Quick Trip in Oconto to open. It looked like they were going to be up and running in about two weeks when they started building it.

I just read in the paper the KT is looking to expand in the Milwaukee area. I hope they do. Their stores have bigger variety and better prices that the Speed Ways that permeate the area.

It is to be noted, however, that I frequently OC in the Speed ways in the West Allis area and have never had any problem with it.

McLintock

I was heading back home from a hard day of bear hunting with hounds. The bears were not cooperating and decided it was the best to stay in the very wet swamps and not run up ay trees.

Needless to say I was muddy wet and dressed for hunting, dog leashes, radio, camo and brush pants.

I carry my 7.5 inch stainless 44 Red hawk in a left side cross draw one of those small hard to see revolvers mostly showing to the front.

The wife informs me that I was coming through down I needed to stop at Kwik trip and pick up some things.

I walk in to the store no one says a thing I say hi to a couple of people I know an get my items and go up the counter to check out. There is a new clerk there I haven't seen before.

The clerk eyes got really big and he had a strange look on his face as I walked up. I lay items on the counter to check out ask him how his evenings going and to punch my milk card.

We finish our transaction He says see you next time I tell him have a nice evening and walk out.

Just another fine day living in the north woods.

I have to had good experiences at that KT you are talking about and the many others up and down the highways and byways in western WI. The same with the QT's down here in MO (where it is not banned by the citys, but come Oct. 11 that will change) and KS

Firearms Iinstuctor

I have to had good experiences at that KT you are talking about and the many others up and down the highways and byways in western WI. The same with the QT's down here in MO (where it is not banned by the citys, but come Oct. 11 that will change) and KS

Times are changing for the better

Law abider

I just read in the paper the KT is looking to expand in the Milwaukee area. I hope they do. Their stores have bigger variety and better prices that the Speed Ways that permeate the area.

It is to be noted, however, that I frequently OC in the Speed ways in the West Allis area and have never had any problem with it.

They might have to put up penitentiary grade windows and doors with a policy of 'Only Two People In The Store At A Time Please' Sign, and the employees need to be trained how to use an Ak-47 under the counter.

pkbites

They might have to put up penitentiary grade windows and doors with a policy of 'Only Two People In The Store At A Time Please' Sign, and the employees need to be trained how to use an Ak-47 under the counter.

West Allis isn't the core, you know. And the problems that are happening in the actual City of Milwaukee proper are isolated to a very small demographic area. I doubt Kwik Trip is opening up any new businesses in those locations.

By "Milwaukee area" I meant the entire county. Right now the closest KT around here is in Waukesha.

Law abider

West Allis isn't the core, you know. And the problems that are happening in the actual City of Milwaukee proper are isolated to a very small demographic area. I doubt Kwik Trip is opening up any new businesses in those locations.

By "Milwaukee area" I meant the entire county. Right now the closest KT around here is in Waukesha.

I like Kwik Trip. We stopped at one super version in Lake City MN every Sunday for breakfast on way to church. Can't carry there bed MN doesn't accept our CCLs. Waiting for the next/legislature/ governor to sigh reciprocity on their end.

protias

The one at 10750 W Speedway Dr, Franklin, WI 53132 is probably closer.

pkbites

The one at 10750 W Speedway Dr, Franklin, WI 53132 is probably closer.

I'm not taking a trip just to go to the Trip. The Speedway is only 6 blocks away. But if a KT moved in and it was only a little further I would go there unless the gas was higher. KT's soda and such is noticeably cheaper.

I want them to move into the Milwaukee area so there are more choices and more competition. Both those things are usually good for the consumer.

Wstar425

Been into KT's all over the state OC with the exception of Milwaukee. Never had any problems. The closest one to Milwaukee is probably Lake Mills between there and Madison. Had some kind of County LEO in front of me at cashier, but I don't think he noticed. Never said anything anyway. I'm usually in and out with my purchase, never talk to anyone and never really noticed any one staring at me.

I do get some people asking me about carrying in a commercial vehicle when I fuel and such. Most seem to think that guns and trucks are not allowed together. A fair (most) amount of trucking companies DO NOT allow firearms in their vehicles, but fortunately I do not work for one of them!

chowda

I just realized something--whenever I've gone hunting, a lot of times I go into stores with a 5" fixed blade knife on my belt. Never thought much about it and I guess apparently neither had anyone else. Pays to not be in cities I guess.....