Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: John Crawford WalMart shooting Grand Jury to be convened tomorrow,

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,157

    John Crawford WalMart shooting Grand Jury to be convened tomorrow,

    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member cabledawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    58

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Pathetic. What a travesty. I had my opinions before I saw the video, but the video seals the deal for me. I am in utter disbelief. Crap like this is gonna turn me into another 'state hater.'
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  4. #4
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  5. #5
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118

    John Crawford WalMart shooting video released


  6. #6
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    It sounds to me like police did not say anything to him at all and while Crawford was saying something to the effect of "its a toy" he was shot twice and the first round hit him during the word "toy."

    Edit: Seems he was hit by the first round during the word that sounds to me like "toy." He never pointed the BB gun anywhere but at the floor and during the lapses where he was off camera there is no reason to believe that he would act any other way than he was while on the phone.

    Murder. Of course it is "justified.". How dare a black man have a weapon!
    Last edited by wimwag; 09-24-2014 at 07:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    And to clarify, yes, I am accusing the cops of murder. I can see nothing but the cops grabbing cover and finding a clear shooting lane and then firing at the first opportunity.

  8. #8
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    The one(s) that shot him are guilty of murder and no one will ever convince me otherwise. This is sickening. Shame on the Grand Jury.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  9. #9
    Regular Member J_dazzle23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    675
    And to some degree, the caller to 911 that gave information convincing them it was an active shooter.

  10. #10
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    And to some degree, the caller to 911 that gave information convincing them it was an active shooter.
    Absolutely. Especially since he admitted he was full of it.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  11. #11
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    The one(s) that shot him are guilty of murder and no one will ever convince me otherwise. This is sickening. Shame on the Grand Jury.

    Reminds me of how congress refused to declare war on Syria then Obama calls it ISIS or ISIL and the bombing begins. Murica!

  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    I don't care much for Obama but it will be interesting if he will order Holder to do the right thing. Bring the officer to justice, the video leaves no doubt it was unjustified.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Pathetic. What a travesty. I had my opinions before I saw the video, but the video seals the deal for me. I am in utter disbelief. Crap like this is gonna turn me into another 'state hater.'
    Just curious how that's a state hater? The grand jury was made up of 9 random non-government people, just regular Janes and Joes. So you should be a "people hater" then if you don't like how the Grand Jury ruled.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    Just curious how that's a state hater? The grand jury was made up of 9 random non-government people, just regular Janes and Joes. So you should be a "people hater" then if you don't like how the Grand Jury ruled.
    The state still controls the grand jury in reality. The state prosecutor decides what evidence to show them or not ... the grand jury surely did not do their job; but most people don't know exactly what happens in a grand jury.

    A grand jury can be totally anti-defendant or pro-defendant....and this is really controlled by law enforcement.

    I think that the executive branch should stay out of these grand jury investigations and a special legislative or judicial prosecutor should be assigned.

  15. #15
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    Just curious how that's a state hater? The grand jury was made up of 9 random non-government people, just regular Janes and Joes. So you should be a "people hater" then if you don't like how the Grand Jury ruled.
    Actually I meant the user, "state hater." Sorry for the confusion!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  16. #16
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    I'm really hoping Eric Holder steps up, but I doubt it. The DOJ would have to admit there is a problem with current law enforcement that the feds created.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096
    I just watched the video and found nothing threatening about his movements what so ever. The version I watched had the sound edited out until the gunshots were heard. I'm guessing purposely so the time between "Commands" and shooting can not be ascertained.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

  18. #18
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    That sure looks bad for the cop - guy was wandering around Walmart talking on the phone. Have done that myself - not carrying a pellet gun - but you're just preoccupied with who you're talking to, moseying around with a cart getting stuff. From this footage guy sure didn't look to be threatening anyone. Would want to make sure the 911 caller gets a share of justice for making stuff up about this guy. If caller was white would sure think Holder & Sharpton & Jesse would jump on this one..
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    "A grand jury in Ohio has decided not to indict police officers in the August shooting death of a 22-year-old man carrying an air rifle at a Walmart store in Beavercreek, Ohio. "The grand jury listened to all the evidence, voted on it and decided that the police officers were justified in their use of force that day," prosecutor Mark Piepmeier said on Wednesday." - Source

    I watched the video several times and can find absolutely zero cause for him being shot. The grand jury FAILED to do their duty to the public at large.

    Best video I could find on it. The 911 call is synced to the store video.

    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    It sounds to me like police did not say anything to him at all and while Crawford was saying something to the effect of "its a toy" he was shot twice and the first round hit him during the word "toy."

    Edit: Seems he was hit by the first round during the word that sounds to me like "toy." He never pointed the BB gun anywhere but at the floor and during the lapses where he was off camera there is no reason to believe that he would act any other way than he was while on the phone.

    Murder. Of course it is "justified.". How dare a black man have a weapon!
    I got the same impression from the video. He never holds the toy in an "aggressive" manner that I could tell.

    I'm going to say the blame for this (dare I say it) murder is shared equally by the shooter(s), the original caller (who likely gave the impression of this man being a threat), and the 911 operator (who may have not asked exactly what this man was doing to determine if the caller wasn't simply a hoplophobe.

    Hope the three stooges (Jackson, Sharpton, and Holder) come out of the woodwork for this one; if they were willing to get "justice" for the thug at the cost of Zimmerman, they'd damned well better push for justice for this innocent man.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    and the 911 operator (who may have not asked exactly what this man was doing to determine if the caller wasn't simply a hoplophobe.

    Just curious what she should have asked? The only mistake I heard, and it's minor, the caller said he was loading the gun and she relayed on the radio he appeared to be putting bullets into it. Minor semantics, but she could have just said appeared to be loading it.

    Is she suppose to ask pointing at center mass? Right foot? Using two hands to properly shoulder the rifle? Does he have a sling? Is the safety selector on or off? 20 round or 30 round magazine? What should she have asked because I hear she asked everything perfectly fine.

    I also wonder if there may have been more calls on this as you can hear in the 911 call the phone ringing in the background. It seems to me that Beavercreek is a small department that probably runs one employee at a time that handles all 911 and dispatching. There use to be two departments like that around Cincinnati until more departments merged to gain hiring two employees being on duty at all times. Unfortunately, what the ringing call was we will never known.

  22. #22
    Regular Member cabledawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    58
    I feel the officers responded appropriately with the information given to them from dispatch. I don't feel there was any wrongdoing on their part. If you must place blame for what happened, it should be 911 caller who falsified the information he relayed to the dispatcher. The responding LEO's couldn't know any better.

    And based on the comments so far, I don't think I'll be very popular around here, but it is what it is.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,157
    So a lie excuses killing? (The caller to the operator. The dispatcher to the enforcers.) Gee Zeus, screw all this superfluous rhetoric, cut to the chase.

    Who is responsible, who is responsible for stopping the lie?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    So a lie excuses killing? (The caller to the operator. The dispatcher to the enforcers.) Gee Zeus, screw all this superfluous rhetoric, cut to the chase.

    Who is responsible, who is responsible for stopping the lie?
    The one that is on scene and has to make the final decision. The call should justify the response, the scene should justify the outcome. The two events should be totally separate and not rely on each other.

    If your spouse calls you and says a stranger is in your front yard with a gun. You arrive home and see someone standing there and he turns towards you with his hand out. You feel it as a threat as he's shouting at you "die mother f'er" and fire. Police arrive and find no gun. Who's wrong? Your wife? You? Prosecute both of you?

    And yes, I'm seriously asking just like your question.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    So a lie excuses killing? (The caller to the operator. The dispatcher to the enforcers.) Gee Zeus, screw all this superfluous rhetoric, cut to the chase.

    Who is responsible, who is responsible for stopping the lie?
    No, a lie is not excusing the killing. How do you claim someone can do that?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •