• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Major FAIL at Shoneys W. Broad St on 9/21

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'd have ignored the OC issue and stopped going based on service alone. Even if that member of staff was educated and the store allowed carry, whats the point if you get treated like that. Of course I hear you on the education issue but I wouldnt based on the terrible service received and the fact I wouldnt be back there anyway.

Poor service is usually corrected on the spot with a conversation with either the waitron or the manager. A calm, factual presentation of the concerns often leads both an apology and to a reduction in the total bill - and when it does not one or both is asked for. A frank discussion of why the tip is missing or miniscule also helps, especially when we can refer the offending waitron to other staff who know us and our tips. (Yes, tipping is part of the overall scheme to take over the world.)

But yes, there are a few places where the consensus is that over time the standard of service cannot be raised enough to warrant a return. IIRC the monthly OC Dinner has dropped only two places from the list of revolving locations due to repeated service issues (with a third still in discussions), and one for trying to poison one of our diabetic members (and most folks were not enthusiastic about the cuisine anyhow).

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd have ignored the OC issue and stopped going based on service alone. Even if that member of staff was educated and the store allowed carry, whats the point if you get treated like that. Of course I hear you on the education issue but I wouldnt based on the terrible service received and the fact I wouldnt be back there anyway.

Grapeshot has changed poor service a number of times.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

We even got hlh to speak up about the problem. 10% off the bill was, sadly, not enough to save the location from being dropped because the service did not improve.

stay safe.

rightwinglibertarian

We even got hlh to speak up about the problem. 10% off the bill was, sadly, not enough to save the location from being dropped because the service did not improve.

stay safe.

heh.... I guess it's not just 2A infringements I have little patience for :p Well if i'm getting cranky at 31 what in the world will I be like when i'm 51? :O

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The difference between a garden and a weed patch can be just a little cultivation. You want a rose garden? That takes a bit more cultivation.

See the negative experience at Shoney's as a one time thing and that as a result of their response, we have progressed beyond the simple acceptance of the past. Expect that we will be recognized and welcomed as the "good guys" in the future and the level of service will likely exceed the standard for high quality.

We have had restaurants that seeing our vehicles had our drinks on the table or even brought them outside to us when we stood there talking. It becomes typical to be called by name and to have servers from other stations stop by to say hello - they demonstrate that they appreciate us and want our business. That ladies and gentlemen is the end result of cultivation.

Peter Nap and Skidmark have developed this to an art form.