Thread: Memphis LEO encounter

Memphis LEO encounter

I was out on the bike Sunday morning running way late to our rally point and while ill leave out the details let's just say a very upset officer finally caught up with me (terrible rear visibility on sport bikes plus i wear earplugs so i didn't hear him) anyway, after he decided not to take me to jail, we conversed briefly about my carry permit. I generally inform even though i know you are not required to in TN because it gives me something else to talk to the officer about besides the reason i was stopped.

I was so concerned about other things at the time i forgot to tell him about the permit until he came back at which point i started to say i had a carry permit but wasn't carrying on the bike. Before i could say anything else, he started interrupting me and waving his hand. He said the state of TN does not require you to inform LEOs and as far as I'm concerned if you AREN'T carrying in Memphis, you deserve to get shot. He got me laughing pretty hard over that. He also mentioned the new TN vehicle carry law. Anyway, just wanted to share, not LEOs are anti 2A.

You always have hilarious encounters with cops, lol!

Be careful out there. Would hate to see you squashed on the highway one day.
    Open means open...

so true! all my friends and family wonder how i get so lucky. I have no idea honestly. Im just always very upfront with them.

Thanks, ill try. I do wear full gear from head to toe but it's no force field. I typically only ride like that at the track but i was running late and traffic was super light early sunday am. Oh well, live and learn. I accepted full responsibility for my actions and he liked that.
    Last edited by Kopis; 09-22-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Banned
    Most LEOs are very pro 2nd-when it comes to them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Most LEOs are very pro 2nd-when it comes to them personally.
    yes, but you dont often hear of an LEO that says "you arent required to inform me" even if that is the law. All of my LEO encounters have been great over the years except one which did end well.

Why did he work so hard to catch up to you then? To so have a good day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    yes, but you dont often hear of an LEO that says "you arent required to inform me" even if that is the law. All of my LEO encounters have been great over the years except one which did end well.
    I must be unlucky .. this is usually the type of attitude I get when encountering cops ...

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/wai...Ps67thIsxT4.16

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Why did he work so hard to catch up to you then? To so have a good day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably for the fun of it..... i would if i was an LEO lol.

Id prefer not to post details but it was pretty bad, i generally keep street riding/track riding separate but it was too tempting with the light traffic.

Deer and other critters can be really nasty at legal highway speeds.

Let alone at very high speeds

The older I get the more legal I ride.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I must be unlucky .. this is usually the type of attitude I get when encountering cops ...

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/wai...Ps67thIsxT4.16
    Watched that last night. I'd have made sure my door was locked and certainly not handed over my drivers license at an illegal checkpoint. Lawfully pulled over is fine provided RAS for the stop is given first but never ever for a checkpoint.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Deer and other critters can be really nasty at legal highway speeds.

Let alone at very high speeds

The older I get the more legal I ride.
    yes sir, one of my good friends, expert level rider, also a fedex pilot hit a deer about two years ago. Couldnt pass his flight physical after surgery. Luckily, fedex pilots have huge accounts so he got into another line of work but there are certainly some risks whether it's from our riding or cagers. luckily, we dont have too many deer on the roads around memphis but we do seem them from time to time in certain areas. Deer are so weird...... high speed car/bike=aint skeered but rustling leaves=panic and run!