Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911 v Glock

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar

911 v Glock

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AndrewA...ts/5qbu2xVcTP3

Saw this and thought a few would be amused
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

six of one half a dozen of the other
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    six of one half a dozen of the other
    Yea if that means glocks are better.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Yea if that means glocks are better.
    I carry my Glocks more when it comes to semi auto handguns I prefer the higher capacity ones.

But if it was a1911 in my hand I would do good work with it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Banned
    Tough gals ... watched the vid for an hour & neither are backing down ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Have to watch it for 2 hrs. You'll like the ending
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I carry my Glocks more when it comes to semi auto handguns I prefer the higher capacity ones.

But if it was a1911 in my hand I would do good work with it.

^ this sums it up for me too. I prefer high capacity so i generally carry myt g17 but i love my 1911s too. memphis seems to have a lot of crime caused by groups or more than one attacker. Im sure the others would split after the first guy goes down but i like having the extra rounds in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G1911.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	12065

Name:	2592d1331489709-if-glock-made-1911-glock_1911-tm-tfb.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	12066

Minds blown in 3...2...1...
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-29-2014 at 03:12 AM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post

Name:	G1911.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	12065

Name:	2592d1331489709-if-glock-made-1911-glock_1911-tm-tfb.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	12066

Minds blown in 3...2...1...
    Who knew you could make a 1911 blocky and ugly. LOL

1911s are good guns now doubt, but as my brother and I were just discussing this the other day they are 100 year old technology. Revolutionary for their day, but other firearms such as Glocks have furthered the art.

The main difference that we see aside from the obvious capacity issue (which can be fairly solved with a Para 14) is the grip angle. Some people don't care for the Glock's more extreme angle, myself I fall within that percentage of people that Gaston Glock figured would naturally adapt to such an angle.

Beyond that I think that most factors favor the Glock; loaded carry is safer and there are no extra steps to take (safety) to draw and fire since the gun loaded required a trigger pull to give the striker the energy to fire the round. I've caught edges and been pinched on 1911s and Browning Highpowers a few times, only once have I gotten a small nick in the skin from inadvertently brushing my hand into the front sight while handling a Glock so I think the exterior is more user friendly even if its not cosmetically appealing to some. Simplicity of maintenance is hands down in favor of Glock.

Reliability, I have a Para 14 1911 and a few Glocks, I've had issues with both in relation to type of ammunition used; with the Para I had rounds that didn't seat in the chamber and jammed the action requiring a gun smith to fix (fatal stoppage), with the Glock I have one with a Lone Wolf upper assembly and it requires full power loads to cycle, with Federal etc "FBI loads" it will fail to feed/eject/stovepipe etc about 4/5 rounds - not fatal stoppages but certainly interrupts your ability to place a follow up. Functionally though with good ammo neither gun has malfunctioned on me as of yet.

So if you prefer nostalgia or can't adjust your grip angle to match your line of sight the 1911 might be better for you, but in modern terms I think the Glock better suits a person's needs. Nothing against John Browning, just 100 years of firearms technology advancements. The function of the Glock is so successful that most every major firearms manufacturer has a striker fired version on the market today.

Well that figures. .. A joking 911 v Glock thread and a Glock fan boy shows up to explain why Glocks are better.

j/k Gotta keep the stereotypes fresh.

It took me a second to realize you meant "1911 v Glock". With 911 v Glock the choice is obvious. Call me when emergency services move at 1200fps.
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.

Ruger P89.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AndrewA...ts/5qbu2xVcTP3

Saw this and thought a few would be amused
    911? The Porsche, the phone number, or the tragedy ?

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Ruger P89.
    Old School, I like it! (Been keeping my eye out for a P89 DC in stainless to match my P90 for a while now...)
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    Old School, I like it! (Been keeping my eye out for a P89 DC in stainless to match my P90 for a while now...)
    I traded a P89DC in stainless for this P89. OK, I'll admit it; I'm a sucker for external safeties a la 1911A1. My other pistol is a Springfield Armory "Champion" model which is basically a Combat Commander clone.

Before someone says it: I incorporate clicking off the safety as a part of my draw. Were I concealed carrying all the time, I would be less inclined to want this type of safety.
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

I have to admit Glocks are the best 'spray and pray' guns on the market...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Ruger P89.

I seen 100s of thousands of rounds fired through P89s with out problems I carried one for years.

One tough pistol I would feel good about carrying one any day.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 10-03-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Ruger P89.
    P97DC is my EDC.

If I run out of ammo, I could darn near build a house with it.

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    P97DC is my EDC.

If I run out of ammo, I could darn near build a house with it.
    That's why I like my Ruger. If I can't hit him with the bullets, I can throw the thing at him and do some serious damage!

This is the fifth Ruger I've owned (two revolvers and three pistols) and I have, in all these years, only seen one malfunction. Everyone who saw it agreed that it was due to the shooter's (not me) limp wristing it. We corrected his hold, gave him a few pointers, and he did very well thereafter.

I have one of each. Both sides of my face are getting sore :P

I almost bought a Glock, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Even a G29 with G20 mag and grip extension. Even a G21 converted to .40 Super. I'm converting a Sig Emperor Scorpion 1911 to .460 Rowland instead. What can I say, I love Sigs but I never ever planned on owning a 1911 either.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Samopal View Post
    It took me a second to realize you meant "1911 v Glock". With 911 v Glock the choice is obvious. Call me when emergency services move at 1200fps.
    Yep! Glock always beats "911 what's your emergency? Please hold..."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

For those who don't already know I am a Glock guy, I love my 22 and how simple it is and the fact its tough as nails. I feel like the 1911's look to big and wouldn't like having the hammer back.

There is a reason why 65% of LEOs use Glocks, wanting to become one myself, I trust what they trust: http://us.glock.com/products/sector/law-enforcement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast