• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the life of a cop worth more than the life of a non-cop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthyeliminator

And the baby got burned by ACCIDENT. I would never defend an intentional harming of a kid. Ever. They ASKED and were TOLD no kids present. No kids ever been there. Clearly that was a lie or a mistake on the part of the informant. So it was not malicious by any means on the cops. That's what I defended, it was not intentional. Period.

As is the case with firearm discharges, it was not accidental but negligent. The officer that made the toss is responsible for what happened.

Primus

As is the case with firearm discharges, it was not accidental but negligent. The officer that made the toss is responsible for what happened.
I agree to an extent.

The ONLY reason I don't fully agree is because they DID investigate to see if kids were present. They were lied to.

If they DIDNT bother to ask/check then I'd agree they should be screwed.

stealthyeliminator

I agree to an extent.

The ONLY reason I don't fully agree is because they DID investigate to see if kids were present. They were lied to.

If they DIDNT bother to ask/check then I'd agree they should be screwed.

I'm not convinced that being provided misinformation morally justifies collateral damage.

Edit: I'm glad you seem to be looking at it with an open mind. Something for both of us to ponder, I suppose.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Odd, My Military Training taught me the opposite. I served in both US Navy and US Army, being taught, and later teaching that Human life is sacrosanct. Life taking is important business and not to be taken lightly. May I ask, David, what Branch and country did you serve?

USAF ... my unit has killed a lot of people! I was overseas, my unit is stil functional and usually plays a role in most bombing campaigns in the EU/middle east/ russian/ and even Atlantic theater.

My squadron would not have been able to do its job if we gave any value to human life. Our job was to kill kill kill if called upon.

Primus

USAF ... my unit has killed a lot of people! I was overseas, my unit is stil functional and usually plays a role in most bombing campaigns in the EU/middle east/ russian/ and even Atlantic theater.

My squadron would not have been able to do its job if we gave any value to human life. Our job was to kill kill kill if called upon.
That's why you need a scope to shoot 200yds never carried a rifle. :D

Primus

So it would have been ok if it harmed an adult?
No. It not "ok" to hurt ANYONE unless they are being aggressive or pose a danger directly to you or more importantly someone else.

But is it "more" ok if it was the drug dealer or whoever they were looking for? I'd say yes only because they are the reason they were there in the first place. As opposed to a sleeping kid who is clearly innocent.

Goal is still no injuries to anyone.

stealthyeliminator

No. It not "ok" to hurt ANYONE unless they are being aggressive or pose a danger directly to you or more importantly someone else.

But is it "more" ok if it was the drug dealer or whoever they were looking for? I'd say yes only because they are the reason they were there in the first place. As opposed to a sleeping kid who is clearly innocent.

What if there were only an "alleged" drug dealer?

If yes, the it's "more" ok to harm someone that another person has made an accusation against, even long before fact finding has been done by his peers and he's been found guilty of said accusation? I would tread lightly with these questions, we're getting into dangerous waters.

Primus

If yes, the it's "more" ok to harm someone that another person has made an accusation against, even long before fact finding has been done by his peers and he's been found guilty of said accusation? I would tread lightly with these questions, we're getting into dangerous waters.
I agree with you a 100% on that one.

My point was just if someone SEES you do a drug deal your still innocent right? Well if based on someone seeing that deal a cop initiates an act against your house you are MORE responsible then your kid for said act.

Thats all I'm getting at.

sudden valley gunner

+1

Primus it is not up to you to decide the level of harm ok to a person, especially without due process. The act of serving a warrant violently is so abhorrent to due process that only those offering up apogia for the horrendous acts of their profession couldn't see it.

There is no situation where this type of negligence by a "civilian" would ever be tolerated.

Primus

+1

Primus it is not up to you to decide the level of harm ok to a person, especially without due process. The act of serving a warrant violently is so abhorrent to due process that only those offering up apogia for the horrendous acts of their profession couldn't see it.

There is no situation where this type of negligence by a "civilian" would ever be tolerated.
You should read my reply since I agreed and explained to him what I meant.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

I'm a drug dealer .. how many aspirin ya want ... pm me

Primus

state hater

Banned
That act was reckless, barbaric, brutal, and totally uncalled for on any charge, let alone a drug charge. Maybe we will get lucky and Karma will visit each of those officers.

I think that relatives of the baby should curb stomp every cop responsible for mutilating, and nearly killing, said baby.

Last edited:

state hater

Banned
Interesting that you brought this up now. Just the other day in my local area, a man attempted to rob a bank and took two hostages. He drove 10 miles down the road, ditched the car and hostages, and ran into the woods. City officers and the fbi both started a manhunt until they found him.

At least in my immediate area, it seems that even the threat of a lay persons life has warranted the same response that the murdering of one of their own would merit.

Interesting coincidence as far as timing is concerned.

When a cop is killed "in the line of duty," oftentimes the car carrying the corpse will be paraded around in an obnoxiously circuitous route, scores of miles out of the way (Alex Jones mentioned some small town cop's funeral convoy from about 100 miles from Austin, being diverted through Austin DURING RUSH HOUR, to remind the peasants that they're worthless scum who are obligated to be inconvenienced when one of their gods dies, and neither he nor his wife could get to their kids at the end of the school day, and said kids ended up getting picked up around 7 PM thanks to these bastards). They're full of themselves, and I'm not going to have any of it.

Fallschirjmäger

You mean a massive manhunt with 'shelter in place' advisories, police in armored vehicles, helicopters constantly flying overhead, and everyone dressed to the nines in their super ninja outfits? Nope, I'm sure that's not happening.

You find that sort of massive manpower response any time some regular ol' citizens been shot, nuthin' special about it at all.

Here we go...again.
LEAs do not give a rip about the citizenry if it is not in their own self interest. I certainly hope at least one citizen will seek a redress of wrongs and that at least one judge holds those POS cops to account.
Emotions are sometimes difficult to convey with the written word. I would ask that the gentleman read the post again this time imagining a sarcastic tone with an eye roll at the end.

J_dazzle23

When a cop is killed "in the line of duty," oftentimes the car carrying the corpse will be paraded around in an obnoxiously circuitous route, scores of miles out of the way (Alex Jones mentioned some small town cop's funeral convoy from about 100 miles from Austin, being diverted through Austin DURING RUSH HOUR, to remind the peasants that they're worthless scum who are obligated to be inconvenienced when one of their gods dies, and neither he nor his wife could get to their kids at the end of the school day, and said kids ended up getting picked up around 7 PM thanks to these bastards). They're full of themselves, and I'm not going to have any of it.
Riveting tale.

Why didn't you ruin the procession, since you aren't going to have any of it?

I don't care how people choose to respect those that pass away, cop or not.

It takes a special kind of @sshole to fling crap at anyone that is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.