Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: US bombed Syria - did I miss something? Like a declaration of war? Too picky?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    US bombed Syria - did I miss something? Like a declaration of war? Too picky?

    http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-us-pa...014741429.html

    The US began bombing in Syria. I would think that this is an act of war.

    I would not foresee any good coming out of this.

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Last time he got spanked figuratively from the public, who are tired of these military endeavors. He pretty much kept it under wraps and did as he pleased this time. So sad....creating more people who will hate us because we live under this government.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Regular Member MontanaResident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-us-pa...014741429.html

    The US began bombing in Syria. I would think that this is an act of war.

    I would not foresee any good coming out of this.
    I think you are right, but I also don't think anybody cares.

    I watch Gotham on TV last night. I thought it was very good, and I ate some ice cream. I like ice cream.

  4. #4
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    It's sad that this is expected of America. Rules? What rules? We make the rules!

    Hopefully IS is weakened by these attacks and hopefully not too many innocent people are killed. Also hopefully Turkey will be able to handle the refugees, and hopefully they don't murder the Kurds.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    134

    well, we've been sold a bill of goods before................

    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    It's sad that this is expected of America. Rules? What rules? We make the rules!

    Hopefully IS is weakened by these attacks and hopefully not too many innocent people are killed. Also hopefully Turkey will be able to handle the refugees, and hopefully they don't murder the Kurds.
    remember going into Iraq to begin with because we believed Sadam Hussein had WMD's? Now I'm not anti Bush, but the government puts out whatever propaganda they want to to justify their actions. In this case though, I have little doubt that ISIS actually committed the beheading atrocities that they are claiming, and that they do hate us because we are non believers. In my opinion, since we can't rationalize with them, lets just blow them all up so we don't have to worry about them coming here and blowing us up. I think they are bent on trying if we allow them the time to get away with it, and with the relative openness of our borders, especially the Mexican border, they will be here in no time. So we should go just blow them up. Why wait? it only means problems here in this country if we delay.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    ISIS, WEIS, whatever they want to call it cannot be destroyed..that's the first lie that the gov't tells us.

    Bombing some will just make others ...

    Didn't you people watch Red Dawn?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxamzMUFvZ8

    ^^^
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-23-2014 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-us-pa...014741429.html

    The US began bombing in Syria. I would think that this is an act of war.

    I would not foresee any good coming out of this.
    It was on the news today that Syria has authorized the attacks in its country against ISIS/ other bad guys. No declaration needed
    Last edited by Primus; 09-23-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    It was on the news today that Syria has authorized the attacks in its country against ISIS/ other bad guys. So declaration needed
    You mean no declaration needed?

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You mean no declaration needed?
    Correct my friend. I'll fix my post
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    bombing ISIS is going to result in FEWER goat humping aloha snackbars.

    not bombing ISIS resulted in their rapid expansion and murderous rampage.

    yes Obama should have gone to congress and sought approval.

  11. #11
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Syria "approving" the attacks makes it a little less shady, but I'm not very cool with POTUS circumventing Congress on acts of war. I guess we should be used to it by now.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Syria "approving" the attacks makes it a little less shady, but I'm not very cool with POTUS circumventing Congress on acts of war. I guess we should be used to it by now.
    Seems like each successive POTUS is inconvenienced less and less by something as trivial as Article 1, Section 8 and Article 2, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution; there is debate as to who started the trend, but President Lincoln is a solid contender.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    I think you are right, but I also don't think anybody cares.

    I watch Gotham on TV last night. I thought it was very good, and I ate some ice cream. I like ice cream.
    I did the exact same thing! Cold Stone Icecream yum!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by NosePicker View Post
    bombing ISIS is going to result in FEWER goat humping aloha snackbars.

    not bombing ISIS resulted in their rapid expansion and murderous rampage.

    yes Obama should have gone to congress and sought approval.
    That's racist, and bigoted. Also, it's okay to bomb ISIS, but not okay to bomb a Libyan dictator who was killing his own people. I guess some brown people are worth more to expend a few million dollar rockets on, than others.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  15. #15
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    That's racist, and bigoted. Also, it's okay to bomb ISIS, but not okay to bomb a Libyan dictator who was killing his own people. I guess some brown people are worth more to expend a few million dollar rockets on, than others.
    "brown people" is racist and bigoted.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •