• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US bombed Syria - did I miss something? Like a declaration of war? Too picky?

sudden valley gunner

Last time he got spanked figuratively from the public, who are tired of these military endeavors. He pretty much kept it under wraps and did as he pleased this time. So sad....creating more people who will hate us because we live under this government.

MontanaResident

The Truth

It's sad that this is expected of America. Rules? What rules? We make the rules!

Hopefully IS is weakened by these attacks and hopefully not too many innocent people are killed. Also hopefully Turkey will be able to handle the refugees, and hopefully they don't murder the Kurds.

RK3369

well, we've been sold a bill of goods before................

It's sad that this is expected of America. Rules? What rules? We make the rules!

Hopefully IS is weakened by these attacks and hopefully not too many innocent people are killed. Also hopefully Turkey will be able to handle the refugees, and hopefully they don't murder the Kurds.

remember going into Iraq to begin with because we believed Sadam Hussein had WMD's? Now I'm not anti Bush, but the government puts out whatever propaganda they want to to justify their actions. In this case though, I have little doubt that ISIS actually committed the beheading atrocities that they are claiming, and that they do hate us because we are non believers. In my opinion, since we can't rationalize with them, lets just blow them all up so we don't have to worry about them coming here and blowing us up. I think they are bent on trying if we allow them the time to get away with it, and with the relative openness of our borders, especially the Mexican border, they will be here in no time. So we should go just blow them up. Why wait? it only means problems here in this country if we delay.

NosePicker

bombing ISIS is going to result in FEWER goat humping aloha snackbars.

not bombing ISIS resulted in their rapid expansion and murderous rampage.

yes Obama should have gone to congress and sought approval.

The Truth

Syria "approving" the attacks makes it a little less shady, but I'm not very cool with POTUS circumventing Congress on acts of war. I guess we should be used to it by now.

Rusty Young Man

Syria "approving" the attacks makes it a little less shady, but I'm not very cool with POTUS circumventing Congress on acts of war. I guess we should be used to it by now.

Seems like each successive POTUS is inconvenienced less and less by something as trivial as Article 1, Section 8 and Article 2, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution; there is debate as to who started the trend, but President Lincoln is a solid contender.:(

DrakeZ07

bombing ISIS is going to result in FEWER goat humping aloha snackbars.

not bombing ISIS resulted in their rapid expansion and murderous rampage.

yes Obama should have gone to congress and sought approval.

That's racist, and bigoted. Also, it's okay to bomb ISIS, but not okay to bomb a Libyan dictator who was killing his own people. I guess some brown people are worth more to expend a few million dollar rockets on, than others.

The Truth

That's racist, and bigoted. Also, it's okay to bomb ISIS, but not okay to bomb a Libyan dictator who was killing his own people. I guess some brown people are worth more to expend a few million dollar rockets on, than others.

"brown people" is racist and bigoted.