Thread: cursing at police is a first amendment right

cursing at police is a first amendment right

Banned
    I'll go further: using violence in self-defense against an aggressor, regardless of the identity of the aggressor, is a HUMAN right.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    As long as you do not cross the line of "fighting words" or overt offer of violence, yes you are golden. And I again thank the high school kid at the back window of the school bus whose giving the finger to the cop behind the bus established that the right exists.

That incident was so long ago that I find it difficult to believe any cop would not know it was clearly established law. And as such that qualified immunity does not even circle as it goes down the drain.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    I'll go further: using violence in self-defense against an aggressor, regardless of the identity of the aggressor, is a HUMAN right.
    Would suggesting that you try harder to stay on topic be regarded as aggressive? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit