Thread: Ethel M no guns allowed

Ethel M no guns allowed

Ethel M has a sign on their door. “Mars prohibits anyone from bringing guns or other weapons into this facility. This prohibition applies even if you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon."

By saying Mars I am making an assumption it is a corporate policy.

Oh darn, I don't get to visit a place I'll never go.

So Mars can shoot cylinders at us, start wars across the world, invade our planet, destroy our cities, and fatten our children, but we can't bring our concealed weapons in? What a terrible planet... I for one welcome out Martian Overlords!

Seriously, I'll conceal where I want to and only the NRS can tell me I can't.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

Is this the chocolate factory in GV off of Sunset? I'll need to adjust my Christmas shopping list this year.

That's the one. I always thought they were a local independent. I guess Mars bought them out.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Can you just imagine the hurt we could cause MM/Mars if all gun owners would stay away from their products for just one Halloween and Christmas?? Not to mention all the other brands they own. I wish I wish.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Can you just imagine the hurt we could cause MM/Mars if all gun owners would stay away from their products for just one Halloween and Christmas?? Not to mention all the other brands they own. I wish I wish.

TBG
    Getting Americans to stand behind something like this would like herding cats.

And then there's this from a few years ago...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...99-Is-Anti-Gun

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    That's the one. I always thought they were a local independent. I guess Mars bought them out.
    See http://stage.ethelm.com/about_us/default.aspx

The Mars top executive & son of the founder retired to Henderson in '81 and started it as a hobby, basically. Main company bought it in '88, and he passed in '99.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Ethel M has a sign on their door. “Mars prohibits anyone from bringing guns or other weapons into this facility. This prohibition applies even if you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon."

By saying Mars I am making an assumption it is a corporate policy.

I just got on to post about this but you beat me to it. Thanks:-)

There is also a sign at the entrance to the parking lot.

I went with my kids and grandma just to see what it was about. I could have carried and just waited to see what happened but I chose to respect their signs and locked my gun in the car(yes I have a safe in my car). However I will not buy product from there knowing their policy now.

I did send Ethel M an e-mail. Letting them know I can not set foot in the such a dangerous place that will not allow people to defend themselves. Even though I have only done the free stuff the few times have been there, no need to go back.

Some have said in the past contacting these anti gun business does nothing. Maybe so for some business. However I know of one way to make sure my disagreement with their anti gun stance does nothing and that is to stay silent. We have seen e-mail and contacts making a difference in the past.

I always thought they were a local independent. I guess Mars bought them out.

IIRC, it has been under family control. The late Phyllis Manson ran it for yrs don't know who took over after her death.
    I loved getting free boxes of candy for special occasions and DOVE bars before they were officially launched.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Couple years ago, I went there to buy some boxed candy assortments for the in-laws. Noticed the little circle-slash no gun signs and ignored it and went right on in. I was given prompt customer service, thanked for my business and left w/o incident.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Man! That place is obsessive about 'no guns'! Signs everywhere! Went to see the Christmas lights at the cactus garden last night with a girl (Which was really cool-the lights, just to clairify ).

I was carrying concealed and just laughed at the signs. They sure stopped me...
    Last edited by garand_guy; 11-23-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garand_guy View Post
    Man! That place is obsessive about 'no guns'! Signs everywhere! Went to see the Christmas lights at the cactus garden last night with a girl (Which was really cool-the lights, just to clairify ).

I was carrying concealed and just laughed at the signs. They sure stopped me...
    Was the store open? When presented with a situation like that, take your last five minutes to pick out a nice big box of chocolates. "Finally notice" the sign just before you are going to pay. Then inform them that you aren't happy about it, leave the chocolate, and walk out.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Was the store open? When presented with a situation like that, take your last five minutes to pick out a nice big box of chocolates. "Finally notice" the sign just before you are going to pay. Then inform them that you aren't happy about it, leave the chocolate, and walk out.
    MAC, sorry to go off topic here, but I wanted to ask you about CCW law here in NV. I am a Nevada resident. I am going to get training and apply for a Nevada CCW permit soon. I also want to get a Utah and Florida permit. It looks like I can apply immediately for a Florida permit without any further training here in Nevada, as I was in the military and went through a police academy awhile back. If I get the Florida permit before I receive the Nevada permit can I use the Florida permit to legally carry concealed in Nevada?

And just to keep this post on topic, when I get my CCW I am going to OC at Ethel M.

I had, um, more important things on my mind than activism. Chocolate is the way to a woman's...

[QUOTE=ed2276;2111545. If I get the Florida permit before I receive the Nevada permit can I use the Florida permit to legally carry concealed in Nevaa)[/QUOTE]

Nope. Unlike some states nv requires residents to carry on a nv permit. I'm not Mac, but I have taken his class and shoot with him regular.
    Last edited by Vegassteve; 11-24-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Nope. Unlike some states nv requires residents to carry on a nv permit. I'm not Mac, but I have taken his class and shoot with him regular.
    Ok, thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2276 View Post
    Ok, thanks for the information.
    Every time I have renewed my Utah comes in a week. NV, about 3 months.