• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ethel M no guns allowed

28kfps

Ethel M has a sign on their door. “Mars prohibits anyone from bringing guns or other weapons into this facility. This prohibition applies even if you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon."

By saying Mars I am making an assumption it is a corporate policy.

garand_guy

Oh darn, I don't get to visit a place I'll never go.

So Mars can shoot cylinders at us, start wars across the world, invade our planet, destroy our cities, and fatten our children, but we can't bring our concealed weapons in? What a terrible planet... I for one welcome out Martian Overlords!

Seriously, I'll conceal where I want to and only the NRS can tell me I can't.

Bulleteater

Is this the chocolate factory in GV off of Sunset? I'll need to adjust my Christmas shopping list this year.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
That's the one. I always thought they were a local independent. I guess Mars bought them out.

The Big Guy

Can you just imagine the hurt we could cause MM/Mars if all gun owners would stay away from their products for just one Halloween and Christmas?? Not to mention all the other brands they own. I wish I wish.

TBG

garand_guy

Can you just imagine the hurt we could cause MM/Mars if all gun owners would stay away from their products for just one Halloween and Christmas?? Not to mention all the other brands they own. I wish I wish.

TBG

Getting Americans to stand behind something like this would like herding cats.

Craftymommy

Ethel M has a sign on their door. “Mars prohibits anyone from bringing guns or other weapons into this facility. This prohibition applies even if you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon."

By saying Mars I am making an assumption it is a corporate policy.

I just got on to post about this but you beat me to it. Thanks:)

There is also a sign at the entrance to the parking lot.

I went with my kids and grandma just to see what it was about. I could have carried and just waited to see what happened but I chose to respect their signs and locked my gun in the car(yes I have a safe in my car). However I will not buy product from there knowing their policy now.

28kfps

I did send Ethel M an e-mail. Letting them know I can not set foot in the such a dangerous place that will not allow people to defend themselves. Even though I have only done the free stuff the few times have been there, no need to go back.

Some have said in the past contacting these anti gun business does nothing. Maybe so for some business. However I know of one way to make sure my disagreement with their anti gun stance does nothing and that is to stay silent. We have seen e-mail and contacts making a difference in the past.

Marco

I always thought they were a local independent. I guess Mars bought them out.

IIRC, it has been under family control. The late Phyllis Manson ran it for yrs don't know who took over after her death.
I loved getting free boxes of candy for special occasions and DOVE bars before they were officially launched.

Nevada carrier

Couple years ago, I went there to buy some boxed candy assortments for the in-laws. Noticed the little circle-slash no gun signs and ignored it and went right on in. I was given prompt customer service, thanked for my business and left w/o incident.

garand_guy

Man! That place is obsessive about 'no guns'! Signs everywhere! Went to see the Christmas lights at the cactus garden last night with a girl (Which was really cool-the lights, just to clairify ;)).

I was carrying concealed and just laughed at the signs. They sure stopped me...

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Man! That place is obsessive about 'no guns'! Signs everywhere! Went to see the Christmas lights at the cactus garden last night with a girl (Which was really cool-the lights, just to clairify ;)).

I was carrying concealed and just laughed at the signs. They sure stopped me...

Was the store open? When presented with a situation like that, take your last five minutes to pick out a nice big box of chocolates. "Finally notice" the sign just before you are going to pay. Then inform them that you aren't happy about it, leave the chocolate, and walk out.

ed2276

Was the store open? When presented with a situation like that, take your last five minutes to pick out a nice big box of chocolates. "Finally notice" the sign just before you are going to pay. Then inform them that you aren't happy about it, leave the chocolate, and walk out.

MAC, sorry to go off topic here, but I wanted to ask you about CCW law here in NV. I am a Nevada resident. I am going to get training and apply for a Nevada CCW permit soon. I also want to get a Utah and Florida permit. It looks like I can apply immediately for a Florida permit without any further training here in Nevada, as I was in the military and went through a police academy awhile back. If I get the Florida permit before I receive the Nevada permit can I use the Florida permit to legally carry concealed in Nevada?

And just to keep this post on topic, when I get my CCW I am going to OC at Ethel M. :)

garand_guy

I had, um, more important things on my mind than activism. Chocolate is the way to a woman's...

Vegassteve

ed2276;2111545. If I get the Florida permit before I receive the Nevada permit can I use the Florida permit to legally carry concealed in Nevaa)[/QUOTE said:
Nope. Unlike some states nv requires residents to carry on a nv permit. I'm not Mac, but I have taken his class and shoot with him regular.

Last edited: