• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Argument

Robert318

Thanks. I've seen and heard that argument a lot, mainly from the self-righteous CC only crowd. I am NOT bashing all of the CC only crowd, just those that are so self-righteous about it. Sometimes people that should be on your side are really some of your worst enemies. I primarily OC, but I also CC, and sometimes I actually don't carry at all. While this is right for me, I will never tell anyone what is right for them. Each person has to make up their own mind, using whatever reasons they want to use, and that is something that I fully support.

I have heard that a lot too and feel pretty much the same. That is why I wanted to share this, so those that also feel the same would have another perspective in thier tool box so to speak for the hard nose cc only crowd. And also maybe make those that are that way, maybe stir their minds a little and rethink their one sided cc only mentality.

I fully support the freedom of choice to cc, oc, or even no carry. But I dont support those that think their way is the only way and try to force or manipulate others to their one sided cc only mentality instead of respecting freedom of choice for others to protect themselves and their loved ones how they see or feel is necessary to protect them effectively, provided of course they arent hurting innocent people in the process and hurt feelings arent the hurt that Im talking about, thats not hard to do sometimes because some people take offense at almost anything these days.

Last edited: