• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Argument

Robert318

Deleted due to drama from people that dont know what actual copyright infringement of valuable for profit writings and qouting someones elses opinion. Note: we quote others writings/work on here all the time but apparently that's different from me qouting from an outside not for profit blog source. Oh wait I might need to delete my signature too since I qouted someone elses work:banana:

--Moderator edited to Fair Use Quote--

Last edited:

Robert318

There is ALWAYS a copyright.

not necessarily, If I write my opinion and share there is no copyright and this was not from a media source that copyrights all their articles it was from a blog from an unknown author. Not to mention when something is copyrighted it has a notification or mark indicating that.

So with tgat said are you tge copyright police? And are you the original author? Something tells me your just looking for drama.

Robert318

So out of what I posted what you picked up on was copyright? So mr copyright expert what about qouting, your reproducing what I said. I wrote it and didnt tell you you could duplicate it!

Some have other interest, you mean like yours of being an arse?! If you dont like what I posted then move on!

I was merely trying to share a veiw point and have no interest in arguing over trivial bs brought up by someone trying to incite drama or strife!

Glock 1st fan

Many have other things outside of firearms is a truth. I love teaching as I feel its very important to provide accurate information. Because there are bad instructors it motivated me to become one and help people learn accurately. I have interest in cruises and many more things.

now with the interest aside im astounded how people nit pick the silliest things. People come here to learn from an unbiased point of view and many times never return because of bashing. There are four things that are truth in oklahoma. They are.

1. Its legal to carry handgun openly with a permit.
2. Its legal to conceal a handgun with. Permit.
3. Its legal to not carry one at all
4. The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bare arms.

We need to be more open to others opinions and not run people off the forum because many people only have the internet to turn to for opinions (though they should always refer to the sda first) and if they lose their only connection to advice it will slow down open carry alltogether as many will be alienated by the nonsense.

kinggabby

Sometimes guns owners do more harm to hurt our rights that antis . With the attitude we display to each other. I have no need for an argument when it comes to open carry. Am I allowed to with my permit? Yes . Am I where I am allowed to be? Yes . Then Argument is over. Now if asked nicely I will gladly tell why I do. I don't OC to make a statement other that I am not an easy target .

Robert318

Many have other things outside of firearms is a truth. I love teaching as I feel its very important to provide accurate information. Because there are bad instructors it motivated me to become one and help people learn accurately. I have interest in cruises and many more things.

now with the interest aside im astounded how people nit pick the silliest things. People come here to learn from an unbiased point of view and many times never return because of bashing. There are four things that are truth in oklahoma. They are.

1. Its legal to carry handgun openly with a permit.
2. Its legal to conceal a handgun with. Permit.
3. Its legal to not carry one at all
4. The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bare arms.

We need to be more open to others opinions and not run people off the forum because many people only have the internet to turn to for opinions (though they should always refer to the sda first) and if they lose their only connection to advice it will slow down open carry alltogether as many will be alienated by the nonsense.

I agree and appreciate your input.

Robert318

OK. I came to this party a little late. In a nutshell, what was the article, or whatever, on an open carry argument.

It was a qoute countering some of the main arguments that the anti open carry crowd use for their reasoning against open carry that I got from another blog site. But nightmare apparently got his feelings hurt and starting whining about copyright. Then the mediator butchered my qoute to practically nothing. The original post was over 4 years old and no longer on the original site for any link to do anyone any good, so essentially my qoute was trashed, so I just deleted it but I can't delete the whole post so it remains.

But I will try to hit some of the highlights from my own writing that paralells the qoute only its not as in depth as the original one. Keep in mind I was writing it talking to a guy that was basically talking against open carry.

open carry vs concealed

Oh the notorious element of surprise. The element of surprise is soley an offensive action not a defensive one. No tactical training ever teaches someone to hide or hide your ability to act defensively as a defensive action its an offensive one. The element of surprise will most likely force your hand to use force not prevent or stop it.

A gun grab, cite one case of an actual gun grab of an arm civilians gun. You can't because it is a fictitious impractical argument by the anti-open carry crowd. Yes gun grabs happen to armed persons in uniform, but as a result of the perp from trying to evade arrest not just because its carried in the open.

Again a say cite one actual case of an armed citizen being the first one targeted during a convenience store robbery or any other robbery for that matter. Even the most ignorant criminals have a self preservation mentality and allmost always have some kind of rudimentary plan and unless the place has armed guards, they aren't planning on there being armed civilians, therefore when and if they see an armed citizens they have to rethink their plan.

Here is a scenario for you to ponder. Say you and you loved ones are walking in the park when two shady gangster looking teenagers appear walking towards you. Do you draw your weapon for suspicion they may rob you instead of them just walking to church, of course not, that would make you the criminal. Or do you wait until one of them has a knife to your loved ones throat then draw if you think your faster or do you comply, then most likely loosing your firearm along with your wallet giving the bad guy a good laugh with his friends how you brought a gun to a knife fight and lost? Lets say you chose to draw and you are successful at stopping them, now your a victim because you have to live with the fact you killed someone instead of deterring the crime by showing your ability to meet force with force beforehand? But thats not practical?

You say you carry for practical personal defense yet your justification for concealment are both impractical and fallacious.

Im not trying to bash anyone for choosing to conceal, I carry both open and concealed at times, but I can't stand it when people try to justify and convince others to do the same based on fictitious impractical information put out by people that live in a hollywood movie instead of reality.

The Truth

CCers are doing it wrong. You've gotta wear an empty OC holster while CCing to REALLY bait them in.

jackrockblc

Thank you, I don't know how you found that, I looked and looked and even did the advanced search and kept coming up with nothing so I figured it had been deleted.

Google-fu. I knew the site it was on (usacarry.com), and the title of the article. After that, the search term is put thusly:

Open Carry Argument site:usacarry.com

This searches for "Open Carry Argument", but only in the site you give it (usacarry.com, in this case)

Robert318

Google-fu. I knew the site it was on (usacarry.com), and the title of the article. After that, the search term is put thusly:

This searches for "Open Carry Argument", but only in the site you give it (usacarry.com, in this case)

lol whats the fu in that google-fu? Cool deal, I just went back to the site and searched using the sites tool but it keep showing no results and even manually searched the forums looking for the date and and title and still couldnt find it, but I didnt try google. Thanks again.

okiephlyer

Thanks. I've seen and heard that argument a lot, mainly from the self-righteous CC only crowd. I am NOT bashing all of the CC only crowd, just those that are so self-righteous about it. Sometimes people that should be on your side are really some of your worst enemies. I primarily OC, but I also CC, and sometimes I actually don't carry at all. While this is right for me, I will never tell anyone what is right for them. Each person has to make up their own mind, using whatever reasons they want to use, and that is something that I fully support.

jackrockblc

Thanks. I've seen and heard that argument a lot, mainly from the self-righteous CC only crowd. I am NOT bashing all of the CC only crowd, just those that are so self-righteous about it. Sometimes people that should be on your side are really some of your worst enemies. I primarily OC, but I also CC, and sometimes I actually don't carry at all. While this is right for me, I will never tell anyone what is right for them. Each person has to make up their own mind, using whatever reasons they want to use, and that is something that I fully support.

Pretty much my feelings exactly. Though I see zealots on both sides of this particular argument, I find myself somewhere in the middle. In fact, I HAVE to conceal sometimes, if I'm going to carry - for example, I cannot open carry on school grounds, but I can concealed carry.