• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the practice of charging with murder those who shoot cops during no knock raids

state hater

Banned
How can cops and prosecutors, with a straight face, fault people who shoot cops invading their home in the middle of the night, unannounced? It's as if they expect these people to have paranormal abilities (either mental telepathy, or remote sensing, or something of that nature).

(1) When it's dark, and someone barges into your house, how are you supposed to know it's a cop?

(2) How is the charging of such people not a travesty?

(3) How can the cops and prosecutors who do something so ridiculous expect the public to have any respect for them?

The Truth

It's truly insane the double standard. A Grand Jury filed no indictments on the cops that murdered John Crawford III at Wal-Mart (video evidence backs up my claim of murder), yet people are charged in TEXAS, where castle doctrine is the word of God, for defending their property at night during no knock "raids." It makes absolutely no sense to me, and no one seems to care or want to do anything about it.

My .40 S&W and (2) spare mags are ALWAYS within arm's reach of me, all day, every day, and I've got plenty of other goodies in the other room in my "area of cover," should I need more power to finish the job. I feel bad for the poor souls who try to enter MY threshold without properly identifying themselves, especially at night. I know of absolutely NO ONE who would try to enter my home unannounced, ever. Best believe it'd be a big mistake, no matter who it is.

Primus

How can cops and prosecutors, with a straight face, fault people who shoot cops invading their home in the middle of the night, unannounced? It's as if they expect these people to have paranormal abilities (either mental telepathy, or remote sensing, or something of that nature).

(1) When it's dark, and someone barges into your house, how are you supposed to know it's a cop?

(2) How is the charging of such people not a travesty?

(3) How can the cops and prosecutors who do something so ridiculous expect the public to have any respect for them?
Dont need telepathy... Need ears. When they yell POLICE... It means its cops...

WalkingWolf

Now why would they yell 'Police' on a no knock warrant, that defeats the whole purpose of the surprise. I doubt that once the doors are busting in and stun grenades are going off they can hear anything. Complete hogwash!

Plus let's not forget that anybody can yell police...

J_dazzle23

I am in no way defending the no knock police warrant, but I just had a thought. I've had to draw my weapon on someone in my house at night (thankfully, not a bad guy, just a horrible misunderstanding)....and the sole thing keeping him from getting 2+1 was me identifying my target with a light.

Who shoots anything in their own house without I'd ' ing it first?

No excuse for the no knock, but I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this.

What if it had been his daughters boyfriend, or his daughter climbing in the window?

WalkingWolf

I am in no way defending the no knock police warrant, but I just had a thought. I've had to draw my weapon on someone in my house at night (thankfully, not a bad guy, just a horrible misunderstanding)....and the sole thing keeping him from getting 2+1 was me identifying my target with a light.

Who shoots anything in their own house without I'd ' ing it first?

No excuse for the no knock, but I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this.

What if it had been his daughters boyfriend, or his daughter climbing in the window?

I am taking he did not kick in your door and come rushing in pointing a gun dressed like a ninja. The least they could do is dress like a cop.

J_dazzle23

I am taking he did not kick in your door and come rushing in pointing a gun dressed like a ninja. The least they could do is dress like a cop.
True. I thought this one they sneaked in the window. Assuming he is referring to the same no knock warrant he brought up in a different thread.

stealthyeliminator

Really? Wow, that really is simple.

Wait, I just tried it. I was able to yell "police". Is my voice broken? Am I a cop and didn't know it? What's going on?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Who shoots anything in their own house without I'd ' ing it first?

The most important ID to make is that the other guy isn't me, or anyone else that is supposed to be in this house.

Or am I supposed to ask him for his name, rank, and serial number and compare it against my list of welcome associates before trying to regain my only tactical advantage?

You can buy cop uniforms at several places, from Halloween shops to the same 5.11 store where they buy theirs.

Ultimately, what ID's someone is their actions. In your house uninvited, armed, and hostile = bad guy regardless of who he works for. How many no-knock warrants are actually NOT better served the next day with a felony stop?

If you haven't trained your daughter not to sneak in, you have other problems you need to address.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

The most important ID to make is that the other guy isn't me, or anyone else that is supposed to be in this house.

Or am I supposed to ask him for his name, rank, and serial number and compare it against my list of welcome associates before trying to regain my only tactical advantage?

You can buy cop uniforms at several places, from Halloween shops to the same 5.11 store where they buy theirs.

Ultimately, what ID's someone is their actions. In your house uninvited, armed, and hostile = bad guy regardless of who he works for. How many no-knock warrants are actually NOT better served the next day with a felony stop?

If you haven't trained your daughter not to sneak in, you have other problems you need to address.
Totally agree. Just sayin [emoji12]

sudden valley gunner

Castle doctrine has its history in protecting people in their homes from the state.

Yelling police while someone is sleeping and then crashing in is atrocious and just asking problems.

Of course these raiders claim its better than sex.

skin'erback

I have a hard time defending the 'no knock' warrant. I don't want to kill anyone needlessly but, if the confusion they generate it would be undrstandable if it happened. I had cops come to my door at 2:30am one time and they gave me three different names of who they were supposedly looking for. Being rousted from sleep it really didn't register. Either way I knew that they were not coming in. I had given my wife instruction that if they come in here (with the children) kill them. Wanna try a mama bear with cubs? We didn't know it was cops and when it was obvious that they were lying it really didn't matter who they were. Its my house and my castle to defend. Told them to come back in the daytime. They didn't.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

Plus let's not forget that anybody can yell police...

come back in the daytime.

My children know we are armed and dangerous. They would not think of trying to come through a window or a door, at night, without announcing themselves. And doing it LOUDLY.

I am prepared for a home invasion, no matter who it it or what they are wearing. If you have a warrant, the light of day is your friend. Only a criminal would burst into my house in the dead of night. I will repel you with an orchestrated firefight that will leave blood on my floor. Do not even entertain the thought of killing my dog as you come in.

No knocks , in the dead of night, seem to work in cases of the unprepared, but , Mate, "That ain't me". I saw my local swat team do a daylight raid. They threw CS gas in and then ran into the room. Then they all ran OUT of the room and put on their gas masks. inept.

Jeff. State

Banned

ANYONE can yell "Police" as they break into your home with force. There are many home invasion cases where the criminals did exactly that.